HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Quenneville Said on XM92 NHL Home Ice

Old
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Not Now John
I'm being repressed!

vCash: 1218
What Quenneville Said on XM92 NHL Home Ice

Quenneville was on XM92 NHL Home Ice today, and here's what he had to say:

"We don't want to change too much from our player game... we want to play the same way... have some more base..."
We had a rough game the other night (from reporter)
"That third line was effective in ways, but the whole team, whether it was giving away pucks or not staying out of the box..."
Quicker decisions with the puck:
"Give and go, get behind, you know, get a shot on net, be pretty handy with it, just keep moving forward."
Stalberg:
"You talk about speed and intensity, that's big with Stalberg's game."
Hossa in the building, encouragement:
"Yeah, we're glad for him to see his teammates as well."
Kane & Sharp:
"It's an ongoing challenge,there's no satisfaction with it. They can make plays, they can make opportunities to score... other guys are producing for them and they just need to find a way, but you can't underestimate them."
Jmmy Hayes:
"I thought Jimmy was a factor, he was noticable, he did a good job."
Success of the other teams:
"Well, I think we saw that all year, we played Nashville and St. Louis, they did tremendous, they try to outscore ya. They're still attacking, they put pressure, they attack again, it's like a five-man defense against ya in all zones. They've been really effective. We know firsthand how Nashville plays and St. Louis had a great year, they both play tight and Phoenix plays tight."
Other:
"We, at home, feel like Phoenix is gonna be patient, we need to play a comparable style of game."
Holes in the lineup:
"I think that the guys over the course over the season it's a toss-up over who's in and who's out... that whole situation where we've got an experienced guy coming to our team, and the experience as a pro [regarding Brunette], he's a good pro. Jammer, you've gotta commend him,but it wasn't an easy decision to make."
OT:
"Sometimes you can, there's a tough time in the second period, no time outs, we like to get a little bet deeper... full line rotations."

That's mostly paraphrasing. He was on earlier and they were replaying it.

And Daniel Alfredsson feels physically fine, on a totally unrelated note.

Not Now John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Panzerspitze

vCash: 500
No comment on the PP and team defense?

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:03 PM
ObeyMashinter

vCash: 500
Ive heard Scotty Bowman in multiple interviews over the last four years. He constantly states that the Hawks are built so that they need to attack to be sucsessfull. And Q keeps droning on about patience. Huge disconnect in management me thinks.

ObeyMashinter is online now   Reply With Quote