HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Canada Goaltender for the Olympics

Old
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
With Marc-André Fleury and Roberto Luongo having such bad playoffs performances for the past 2 years in a row,
Lou almost won the cup last year, he team sucked balls in front of him this year... I don't see the hatred for him. Throw any goalie in net, and if your team can't score you really aren't going to win many games.

Price hasn't really accomplished that much in the NHL to be a front-runner for anything right now, it's all praise from Hab fans and the media. It's like the kid has reached 'legendary' status in the league without doing anything about it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Lol, I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but Crawford is bad, he is barely a starter in the NHL. There'sno way he's gonna be with Canada Olympic squad.
Say what ?

Crawford has been the only reason Chicago is not eliminated right now. The team is awful. I'm on the Phoenix bandwagon right now so I watch every game and Crawford is far from being bad.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Lou almost won the cup last year, he team sucked balls in front of him this year... I don't see the hatred for him. Throw any goalie in net, and if your team can't score you really aren't going to win many games.

Price hasn't really accomplished that much in the NHL to be a front-runner for anything right now, it's all praise from Hab fans and the media. It's like the kid has reached 'legendary' status in the league without doing anything about it.
Wait...

100 win's before 24, Got ripped off of the vezina last year by the dumb biased NHL...

Isn't that enough?

I'm ready to say that Carey Price is the best canadian born goalie in the league ATM at only 24.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Wait...

100 win's before 24, Got ripped off of the vezina last year by the dumb biased NHL...

Isn't that enough?

I'm ready to say that Carey Price is the best canadian born goalie in the league ATM at only 24.
I tend to agree. Plus, I don't care if Luongo reached the finals last year. But I do know one thing is that Carey Price can keep his freakin composure every game, either in victory or in defeat. You need that kind of goaler at the Olympics. Price can win games by himself, not Luongo. Every year Luongo has a hell of a team in front of him... not Price that has to work with different dmen pairings every night because the team loses so many players due to injuries.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Canada is getting really weak in goals !

Even Price could be #1...

Mike Smith and Brian Elliott should be considered too.
I agree with Mike Smith. Elliott will depend on next season, and Price, Luango, Fleury are all in the mix.
My biased side says that Price is ahead of his peers.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
pepperMonkey

Hey, I would love to see Price playing for team Canada but...truthfully as someone has mentioned, I rather not have ANY NHL'ers going to the Olympics for ANY sport. Seriously...there shouldn't be any professionals there... So...let Price play for the Olympics, win the gold, and then no NHL's ever again for Olympics

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
poetryinmotion

I really don't intend to hijack the thread but why did Price elect not to go to the WC this year, and when does said WC start? thanks

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Going to be tough call I think if Bernier can get out from under the shadow of Quick in LA he could become a viable option if he performs like many figure he will and has shown in his short stints he can. Honestly I hop the NHL doesn't send players to the Olympics as the games are starting to get away from the true meaning of an ameture athletics competition but that is just my opinion.
Bernier? Really? He hasn't completed a single season as an NHL starter. I can't see him on the Olympic team.

Quote:
Wait...

Isn't that enough?

Carey Price did not get ripped off of the Vezina. You'd have to be an idiot to take Price over Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I really don't intend to hijack the thread but why did Price elect not to go to the WC this year, and when does said WC start? thanks
He has a concussion.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Ward
Price
Luongo

IMO...

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Really, you don't see the hatred for him?

Luongo is hated by most his own fans and the rest of the 29 fanbases in the league.

Even on the main board, Price is amongst the front runner for the upcoming winter Olympics so its not only Habs fan that think he should be the starter or at least being one of the 3 goalies.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Hooligan514

I'm pretty sure Price will be one of the 3 unless his game really regresses over the next year. Besides Canada is not as deep as they used to be when it comes to goalies. There are deeper countries when it comes to G starting by our neighbours in the south.

Hooligan514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:02 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoque taupe View Post
i really understand your concerns on the cap part, but building confidence is very important too, imo
This is probably the best reply to my post I've seen. It was solid enough that I actually agree with it and completely abandon my argument.

But honestly though, the way Price has played worse in practically every playoff compared to his regular season, would prevent me from picking him. Even though I know, Lou won Olympic gold despite all of his criticisms.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

The Canucks went to the finals despite Luongo.....not because of him. Eventually they lost to the Bruins primarily due to the fact that Luongo completely imploded.

I was terrified watching Luongo fight the puck during the Olympics. He managed to not lose the Gold medal for us but that is as much credit as I am willing to give him.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:32 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Say what ?

Crawford has been the only reason Chicago is not eliminated right now. The team is awful. I'm on the Phoenix bandwagon right now so I watch every game and Crawford is far from being bad.
Yes.. The Hawks outshooting Phoenix every game is being awful. Crawford, and Smith, is actually the only reasons Hawks are done playing hockey.

Looks like Crawford is playing with wooden pads. Everypuck that hit him gives a rebound. Every shot taken is dangerous against him, even the ones coming from the corner. When you look at the other end of the rink, pucks are glued to Smith, almost no rebounds ever.

Hawks are ****ed in nets with him being signed until 2014 and Emery till next year.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:34 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan514 View Post
I'm pretty sure Price will be one of the 3 unless his game really regresses over the next year. Besides Canada is not as deep as they used to be when it comes to goalies. There are deeper countries when it comes to G starting by our neighbours in the south.
Quick, Schneider, Miller and Thomas. Yikes.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:00 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
In a year where his team was 3rd worst in the league.

Carey Price was never pulled from a game.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:05 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
My picks would be Price as the starter, Luongo and Ward as back-ups/replacements. Fleury is flaky. Smith and Elliot need to prove they did not have fluke seasons.

Last edited by BLASPHEMOUS: 04-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Takashi

1 Price
2 Ward
3 Fleury
IMO

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:16 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Hey, I would love to see Price playing for team Canada but...truthfully as someone has mentioned, I rather not have ANY NHL'ers going to the Olympics for ANY sport. Seriously...there shouldn't be any professionals there... So...let Price play for the Olympics, win the gold, and then no NHL's ever again for Olympics
That would be me I hate that the games are being taken over by pro athletes it is losing the true meaning of the Olympics..

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Bernier? Really? He hasn't completed a single season as an NHL starter. I can't see him on the Olympic team.

Carey Price did not get ripped off of the Vezina. You'd have to be an idiot to take Price over Thomas.

He has a concussion.
That is why I said if he can get out from under Quicks shadow in LA and become a starter if that doesn't happen he doesn't get the look by the brass looking after the selections for the Olympics.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Price
Ward
Luongo

I think Fleury just blew whatever shot he had at the job.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
In a year where his team was 3rd worst in the league.

Carey Price was never pulled from a game.
To be fair, isn't the same true for budaj?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:50 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
To be fair, isn't the same true for budaj?
Yes. But Budaj is the back-up goaltender. Significantly less games for a sample size and normally used against the weaker opponents.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Lucius

A bit early to really say.

This playoff will be long forgotten by 2014. So I wouldn't toss Fleury out.

Luongo and Brodeur may be too old by Sochi though.

To me it's a wash right now: Fleury, Ward and Price. If one of those three gets himself a Vezina or a Cup between now and then... we have a winner.

Of course, if Smith or Elliot (or someone else) play two more seasons like they played this one, then all bets are off.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'd take Ward over anyone tbh.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote