HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about Preds point record

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2006, 05:09 AM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

vCash: 500
Question about Preds point record

Hey uneducated Preds fan here again. Can someone let me know if the individual points record for a predator is likely to be broken this year and what is the old record? and what year? I think it would be Kariya or sullivan who would break it yes? Thanks if anyone can help.

Old
03-12-2006, 05:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan
Hey uneducated Preds fan here again. Can someone let me know if the individual points record for a predator is likely to be broken this year and what is the old record? and what year? I think it would be Kariya or sullivan who would break it yes? Thanks if anyone can help.
I'm about to head to sleep soon but I do remember from watching the game today that Sullivan is like 1-2 goals away from breaking the goal record, I don't remember who previously set it (my guess would be Sully himself lol).

As for total points i'm not sure.

Old
03-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan
ronning held the old goals scored record of 26..until this year with sullivan...

points...walker's 67 last season

Old
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Old Goal Record: 26 (Cliff Ronning)
Old Point Record: 67 (Scott Walker)

Current Goal Leader: 28 (Steve Sullivan), 22 (Paul Kariya)
Current Point Leader: 63 (Paul Kariya), 56 (Steve Sullivan)

This all being said, looks like Sullivan and Kariya will shatter the old records. A goal scoring spurt from Kariya could challenge Sully's goal record, and a general point surge from Sullivan could see him take both categories.
Other notables:
Mike Sillinger has 24 goals, 22 of those coming from his time with the Blues.
Yanic Perreault and Scott Hartnell both have 21 goals. That is a career high for Harts and only 7 away from a career high for Yanic.

Old
03-13-2006, 01:32 AM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

Excellent. Thanks for that guys, thats all i needed right there

Old
03-13-2006, 10:46 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Old Goal Record: 26 (Cliff Ronning)
Old Point Record: 67 (Scott Walker)

Current Goal Leader: 28 (Steve Sullivan), 22 (Paul Kariya)
Current Point Leader: 63 (Paul Kariya), 56 (Steve Sullivan)

This all being said, looks like Sullivan and Kariya will shatter the old records. A goal scoring spurt from Kariya could challenge Sully's goal record, and a general point surge from Sullivan could see him take both categories.
Other notables:
Mike Sillinger has 24 goals, 22 of those coming from his time with the Blues.
Yanic Perreault and Scott Hartnell both have 21 goals. That is a career high for Harts and only 7 away from a career high for Yanic.
Doubt Yanic will break his old record as he probably will be out for most of the rest of the regular season. He has been a pretty darn good bargain at 525K. He doesn't do any of the little things to help a team, but he does give you a timely goal now and then. Do you think we re-sign him for next year, and if so, how much of a raise do you think he deserves?

Old
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Doubt Yanic will break his old record as he probably will be out for most of the rest of the regular season. He has been a pretty darn good bargain at 525K. He doesn't do any of the little things to help a team, but he does give you a timely goal now and then. Do you think we re-sign him for next year, and if so, how much of a raise do you think he deserves?
I would be willing to bet that Poile offers him a 1 year deal around 900k and his agent counters with 1.5 million. I think he will eventually sign in the neighborhood of 1.25 million.

A few years ago he was making 2.1 million per season.... (I forget if that was with Toronto or Montreal, but he made a lot with both teams).

Old
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave
I would be willing to bet that Poile offers him a 1 year deal around 900k and his agent counters with 1.5 million. I think he will eventually sign in the neighborhood of 1.25 million.

A few years ago he was making 2.1 million per season.... (I forget if that was with Toronto or Montreal, but he made a lot with both teams).
At his age, I would be very, very wary of giving him more than a million dollars. To be honest, with Legwand re-signing, I'd rather let Yanic go and pick up someone younger with a more complete game.

Old
03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
At his age, I would be very, very wary of giving him more than a million dollars. To be honest, with Legwand re-signing, I'd rather let Yanic go and pick up someone younger with a more complete game.
Did Leggy resign?

Old
03-13-2006, 02:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I hated Perreault at first, but I'm starting to like the guy. He doesn't have the two-way game a center should have, but he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Old
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I hated Perreault at first, but I'm starting to like the guy. He doesn't have the two-way game a center should have, but he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

now if Nomore begins to like him....I know the Apocalypse is surely around the corner.....

Old
03-13-2006, 02:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Did Leggy resign?

No, but it's a foregone conclusion that he will, given the fact that he's RFA.

Old
03-13-2006, 04:42 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
No, but it's a foregone conclusion that he will, given the fact that he's RFA.
What does your gut tell you that Poile will sign Legwand to? A long term type (3-4 year) deal or just another 1 year type thing. Hopefully, we sign him to a longer deal as he will be an UFA after next season.

Old
03-13-2006, 05:10 PM
lstcyr

Depends upon how much Legwand wants. If he thinks he's Kariya, he won't be signed. If he's reasonable, probably another one year deal. That would give Legwand leverage to have a big season and cash in.

Old
03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
What does your gut tell you that Poile will sign Legwand to? A long term type (3-4 year) deal or just another 1 year type thing. Hopefully, we sign him to a longer deal as he will be an UFA after next season.
That's a good question. Hopefully he keeps up the game he's been playing and is given a 2 year deal...and if he performs...we can work on re-signing him before he becomes unrestricted.

Closed Thread