HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rangers vs. Senators | Game 6 |

Old
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

vCash: 500
How is it that fans of the Bruins, Isles and others are coming here and letting us know that we got jobbed by Peel again and OUR OWN FAN BASE CAN NOT SEE IT!??
Sure we needed more effort. Absolutely. However the momentum of a game is EASILY changed by a couple of calls. Sens get a PP-then have it taken right away.....repeat....then give the Rags a LONG 5 on 3.....Next-dont call an obvious delay of game penalty that would have given Ottawa a 5 on 3 at a time of the game when they were taking charge. Game changing. Has anyone even played hockey here??

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
So do we keep Silf in or put in Stone? Didn't notice Silf outside of the 1st period
We play Stone, definitely. Silfverberg showed some good speed and hustle out there, but it was clear that he needs some time to adjust. Stone was more poised in the game he played; he is a smart player who played an intelligent game. He played very well for the ice time he got and he also improved the power play. Stone also seems more physically mature in that he was able to take and dish out hits better than silfverberg.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
OgieO

Man, the refs were terrible. But they outplayed us and deserved that win. I was very disappointed with our response. That third goal was when we were on our heals and rattled. We should have called timeout. First time all series I felt like we looked rattled.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
sensrulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
What do the Sens do with their lineup... Do they keep Silfverberg in? Honestly, he needs a bit more time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Butler should be back in.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfredsson
Condra - Smith - Neil
Konopka - O'Brien - Butler
Give your head a shake man, Stone is way more physical than Butler and he played well on Saturday. Don't know WTF management was thinking putting Silverberg in a crucial PO game where Stone's physicality is better suited to this series. Bad move

sensrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
rbkhockey29

Yes, the refs were bad. But IMO on both sides.
BOTTOM LINE OUR BEST PLAYERS HAVE TO BE MORE CONSITANT THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
I love Spezza but jeez, i thought he was outright terrible tonight.

rbkhockey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We didn't play a 60 minute effort.

We let the Rangers take advantage on a 5 on 3 - fine, that's on the ref.

But then we let them score again. Against a team like New York you have to be defensively responsible and we simply weren't in the 2nd. We played a strong third period but weren't able to capitalize until too late - that's the disadvantage we face playing against one of the top tendys in the league.
I know I'm harping on this, but we really needed the timeout after the 2nd Rags goal. The kids were panicking. If the situation is calmed, we escape the 2nd down by one.

We really need that full effort on Thursday. I know this team can do it, but the question is will they.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
I'm weirdly calm about this. I know everyone thinks that this is the game we needed to win because it'll be tough to do it at MSG but I think they can do it. I'm still not scared of the Rangers. And even if they don't, they made a seven game series out of it, I'm not worried about the future of this team.

Random thoughts:

MacLean really hates timeouts, doesn't he?

The Rangers stepped up their game but if the Sens hadn't imploded in the second period, this game would probably have a different result. You would think that after a whole season of getting ****ed sideways, they would handle this **** with a little more composure. The Sens lost to themselves.

And the less said about Spezza, the better. He needs a big game on Thursday.
I agree with all of this. I'm not feeling too bad about our chances in game 7 now that I've calmed down. I really hope the team understands that the effort they gave prior to scoring their 1st goal is going to be required for the FULL 60 minutes. They Rangers just wanted it more and that's expected given the fact that they were playing to keep their season alive. We lost this one due to a completely wonky 2nd period where just about everything came unglued. Should the Sens avoid ******** the bed in game 7 like tonight, we can definitely take it.

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
He took a penalty that shouldn't have been called... Dubinsky did the same thing to Cowen and no call. This was the worst reffed game I've seen in a very long time.
The Kings and Yotes game that Peel did were REALLY bad!

Old
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
BrawlFan

WE GOT SOO JOBBED ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY!!! Calling Smith with a huge hit on Del Zotto next game

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan44 View Post
How is it that fans of the Bruins, Isles and others are coming here and letting us know that we got jobbed by Peel again and OUR OWN FAN BASE CAN NOT SEE IT!??
Sure we needed more effort. Absolutely. However the momentum of a game is EASILY changed by a couple of calls. Sens get a PP-then have it taken right away.....repeat....then give the Rags a LONG 5 on 3.....Next-dont call an obvious delay of game penalty that would have given Ottawa a 5 on 3 at a time of the game when they were taking charge. Game changing. Has anyone even played hockey here??
Exactly, that call was inexcusable Foligno had no chance to avoid him.

Also, in a situation like that, why can't they review a penalty, the play was dead regardless (net off) you aren't changing anything (other then a bad call)

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Im just happy its going 7. Not many people predicted it

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Awesome game by Neiler. Too bad the refs couldn't let the game be decided on the ice.

A young team lost their composure, it happens. It was a lot of the guys first chance to win a series and I think the pressure of playing at home got to them.

I feel Spezza tries to do much at times to really help the team. He's going to get better once he trusts his teammates.

We got this in MSG.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I said Sens in 5

Old
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
What do the Sens do with their lineup... Do they keep Silfverberg in? Honestly, he needs a bit more time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Butler should be back in.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfredsson
Condra - Smith - Neil
Konopka - O'Brien - Butler
I would go with Stone instead of Butler. Stone showed last game that he can contribute in regards to making plays, breaking up plays defensively and making hits. If you play him on the 4th line with spot duty in the top six then he will be real effective. He also is more dangerous on the powerplay than Butler.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Spezza was our best forward tonight btw. Easily. He created at least 4 great scoring chances that were just not converted on or blocked by Lundqvist, and almost brought us back into the game in the last minute nearly singlehandedly.

The rest of our stars were pretty invisible. Silfverberg looked really tired going into the third. Alfredsson was more angry than he was useful. Karlsson was pretty much invisible and our whole team needs to stop waiting and start shooting more.
No, he wasn't.

He was playing so poorly that he was benched for the start of the third period, including an entire PP.

If I had to pick one forward as our best, I would say Turris. Definitely it was not Spezza.

N Bahn Ahden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
This is why it's hard for me to be mad. We may have had a poor game today, but we've played well as a whole.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai211 View Post
umm, no...the puck was not "clearly" kicked in, one of the few calls the refs got right.
The attempted kick looked like it added a tiny bit of momentum to the puck but not nearly enough to get near the goal line. The goalie then pushed it in with his own glove. Goal called by the ref and not enough evidence to reverse it so good goal.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
topshelfie

It's the same ref we had all year giving us bad calls , now when it counts most people will blame the sens? get real, this guy has been screwing us all season. At the very least this game should be tied going into OT instead of thos brutal momentum calls on Silfverberg AND Foligno.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcnorth

Totally ****ed by the officiating.

I don't ****ing care how childish or conspiratorial I look - this league is ****ing rigged.

Officials ruined the game. That call on Kuba was the weakest call I've ever seen. Unbelievable. So bad you almost forget how bad the call on Michalek was.

A big **** YOU to the NHL and their officials. I'm so sick of it and I'm not going to apologize for it or ever stop complaining about it. I've been watching this league for over 30 yrs and it is the same ******* pile of ******* again and again.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I would go with Stone instead of Butler. Stone showed last game that he can contribute in regards to making plays, breaking up plays defensively and making hits. If you play him on the 4th line with spot duty in the top six then he will be real effective. He also is more dangerous on the powerplay than Butler.
I'm sure it's just a typo on your part, but for everyone else, it's "really". Really effective. Not real. I think Murray has set back correct grammar in this town for years to come.

N Bahn Ahden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Quote:
I chose the Sens in 7

On another note, I hate it when there are 2 days in between games..

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Awesome game by Neiler. Too bad the refs couldn't let the game be decided on the ice.

A young team lost their composure, it happens. It was a lot of the guys first chance to win a series and I think the pressure of playing at home got to them.

I feel Spezza tries to do much at times to really help the team. He's going to get better once he trusts his teammates.

We got this in MSG.
It's a combo of this (he won't make the simple play and instead tries to hold onto the puck to make the perfect set-up) and that guys just don't read him well. We've got a lot of inexperienced guys and lack a second legitimate top-line winger.

Shanny
Coming In Hot

I'm still standing by my prediction of Sens in 7.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
BigEyedPhish

We do not seem like a team that is comfortable with a lead....

We let up way to ****in much in the 2nd period.. I saw almost no heart..

Neil is my ****in man.... and needs to stay his entire career with this team. T

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Iamok
#Panic

This team seems to prefer to play with their backs against the wall, as odd as it sounds, I can't decide if being on the road is a bad thing or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsHockey View Post
I chose the Sens in 7

On another note, I hate it when there are 2 days in between games..
**** that, we don't play until Thursday?...

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote