HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon would consider an offer from Montreal

Old
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Drive425

vCash: 500
I'm sure cube is a nice guy. That said, I don't want him anywhere near the Habs unless it's watching a game in the stands.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
EmelinHipCheck

vCash: 300
It actually pisses me off how people keep refering to St-Denis as only the 7th d-man, that he does the BASIC job. Yes he wasn't spectacular, but i don't recall him making that much mistakes either. Why can't he be more than a 7th ?

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

St-Denis looked pretty damn efficient in his very limited ice time last year. I don't get the hate either.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Craig71

Bouillons not the answer.....just another spare part.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

No, don't want the midget again. He is too old and there are better options.
Pass.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

I agree

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
andy28

As a depth guy with experience, it might not be a bad move. As long as this isn't the only move we make to change our d and as long as it isn't taking time away from the youth. Else, it would just be more of the same kind of move we are sick of from this team.

I'd rather not though. Let's focus on bringing in a competent d-man and use youth more.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
coolasprICE

consider? major news...

so how many more days till draft?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
This would be a step backwards..

Come on people...

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
St-Denis looked pretty damn efficient in his very limited ice time last year. I don't get the hate either.
I agree he was quite impressive. Looked better than some of the D that were out there before him. Not bad for a guy who was penciled to be a AHL D-man. I'd take him as a #7 in a heartbeat. Keep CUBE away!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:32 PM
THE HOFF

If I remember correctly, the HF wizards were very excited when he left, he was too small, too slow, couldn't drop them, couldn't pass ect ...

too lazy to look back in a bouillon thread but those should be gold mines of interesting posts.

here in montreal, we want a #6 like vebere playing against shawn thornton and chris neil ... to ensure that we get rolled over by the pain train night in night out. Its all about team toughness, Clone 2-3 webers and make them play a physical game ! its bound to work !

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Yeah, I think it calling uninformed was a bit harsh so I did edit my post but apparently after your reply. But it's more harsh to say he shouldn't even be in the NHL. I'm well aware that he's injury prone and he's small. But he's carved out a long career and you know full well, if you're familar with Corsi, that he is not even the worst defenseman on the Preds. So unless you're telling me the Preds ice several D who are not fit for the NHL...
And that's where I, honestly, slightly exaggerated as well, but whatever.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:36 PM
habitue*

there is many big bottom pairings d-men available on the UFA market this year.

Brookbank, Stoner, O'Brien, Allen, Sarich, Carkner (?)...

This is what the Habs needs.

If we need more offence, Garrison and Wideman or Kuba are available (at a stiffer price, of course)

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM

I would love Allen.

If we suck again next year, I would take Carkner though.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

With St-Denis... I find myself thinking "he can't *really* be that good". He must just have been on some kind of roll or lucky streak, riding a high on his NHL promotion, something like that. I kept waiting for the clock to strike midnight at some point in his auditions. I guess I half feel like that still. Despite having really liked the way he played and hoping that he's on the team next year.

I mean, if he really can be that good all the time... why the heck wasn't he up sooner...?

I dunno, after the circus on our defense this past season, and with management putting trust in young players and passing over some veteran options in the off-season, and the way it ultimately affected our season... I don't feel like I would want to rely on my positive impression of St-Denis alone. I'd want to have backup plans. Backup plans for my backup plans. If I went to camp with 8 defensemen plus Weber, plus St-Denis... I'd feel pretty good about that. I also wouldn't fear to waive the guys who didn't make the team, and to evaluate purely on merit and performance in camp (for the lower spots), not on reputation, salary, etc. St-Denis has at the very least earned a chance to legitmately make the team... so long as he can beat out some free agent scrap heap signing like a Bouillon would represent.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
As a depth guy with experience, it might not be a bad move. As long as this isn't the only move we make to change our d and as long as it isn't taking time away from the youth. Else, it would just be more of the same kind of move we are sick of from this team.

I'd rather not though. Let's focus on bringing in a competent d-man and use youth more.
This is not a move. This is sitting on a toilet and straining to move without producing anything worthwhile. Should the new GM sit there all day or do something worthwhile for the team?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
This would be a step backwards..

Come on people...
What is really sad is...

Bouillon would consider an offer from ANY team...

And, he still makes more money then most of us COMBINED.

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Go Habs Go

Bouillon would "consider" the habs? He's a nobody, he doesn't consider anybody, he's lucky if teams consider him.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:50 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Bouillon would "consider" the habs? He's a nobody, he doesn't consider anybody, he's lucky if teams consider him.
I thought it was a nice thing to say after being treated like crap during his last season here. Its quite different from the numerous testimonies we've had from former players.

The fact is, he's been written off , and has proven the dumb haters wrong. Sounds like you're upset to see he ain't doing bad, your post sounds awfully bitter, and that's fine, but on a personal level he carries a lot of values on and off the ice that I wish more players had (especially from our current team), and Im glad a player like him can claw his way back in the picture of decent bottom pairing Dman.

here's great documentation on the subject. a whole thread of cluelessness. Props to whitesnake for trying to hold a conversation with some bitter folks who never read the article. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...light=bouillon

Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-24-2012 at 12:40 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:36 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
A nobody...?!?!?! A nobody close to 700 NHL games!

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Pleky Roks

Its funny.....people in Montreal want the Habs to improve and be a winning team, but yet they always seem to find a way to talk about bringing back a player that was traded away or let walk away for a reason.

Boullion is a small defencemen that adds zero offence. Sure, he plays hard and with a ton of heart....but he has zero skill and in order to be a winner in the NHL, you need skill and size....Boullion offers neither!!!

Its like people talking about bringing back Koivu or Souray. Koivu is not any better than he was before....much worse in fact and Souray has been demoted to the minors in recent history and still misses a majority of time due to injury. So why bring back players like that when the Habs could bring in YOUNGER players that have SKILL???

Look at most of the teams that are successful and they have a lot of skilled, younger players mixed with gritty veterans and most teams have good size. The Habs need to do the same thing. Add bigger players, more skilled players with heart and good work ethics.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Yes, a french player who's from Montreal would obviously consider Montreal. Hell, he'd consider any team, he's not at a skill level to be choosing who he wants and does not want to play for. I don't mind having him back, but I don't think that he's not really what the Canadiens need. What passes me off is that I have a feeling that the french media is going to be up in arms when the habs don't sign him, and throw the "Molson hate Quebec" card. They did the same thing when the Canadiens didn't sign Dennis Gauthier a few years back after Gauthier said he would play for us. This is after Gauthier had that dirty hit on Lapierre and before no other team in the league signed him, sending him to a broadcasting job at RDS.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Its funny.....people in Montreal want the Habs to improve and be a winning team, but yet they always seem to find a way to talk about bringing back a player that was traded away or let walk away for a reason.

Boullion is a small defencemen that adds zero offence. Sure, he plays hard and with a ton of heart....but he has zero skill and in order to be a winner in the NHL, you need skill and size....Boullion offers neither!!!

Its like people talking about bringing back Koivu or Souray. Koivu is not any better than he was before....much worse in fact and Souray has been demoted to the minors in recent history and still misses a majority of time due to injury. So why bring back players like that when the Habs could bring in YOUNGER players that have SKILL???

Look at most of the teams that are successful and they have a lot of skilled, younger players mixed with gritty veterans and most teams have good size. The Habs need to do the same thing. Add bigger players, more skilled players with heart and good work ethics.
This implies that big skilled defensemen will be available at a reasonable price and contract lenght. This also implies that we have young skilled defensemen in our system. The ones we have aren't ready, the others are named Diaz and Weber. They are as soft or softer than Kaberle.

Consider that many of our RFAs will be getting good raises, that we need to find a 2nd line winger for Plekanec and that the cap is likely to go down with the new CBA, and you get a perfect situation where a servicable 6-7th D who would sign for league min for 1 year makes sense. I'd rather have 1 year of Bouillon at an irrelevent cap hit than gambling on an Allen or a Sarich for millions spread over a few years. 2014 is our magic year, and we must not take on new contracts that go beyond that date...save for the two obvious UFAs Parise and Suter. That won't happen tho.

Go watch some more Nashville and tell me that Bouillon is currently inferior to our 5-6-7-8. Nashville seems to be doing good with him in the lineup, even tho they play in the big, bad West. But hey, WTF does Poile know that HFBoarders don't?

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
there is many big bottom pairings d-men available on the UFA market this year.

Brookbank, Stoner, O'Brien, Allen, Sarich, Carkner (?)...

This is what the Habs needs.

If we need more offence, Garrison and Wideman or Kuba are available (at a stiffer price, of course)
Two guys i would love on the team next year. Either or, im not difficult.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Two guys i would love on the team next year. Either or, im not difficult.
Wideman? He is by far the worst Bruins, and he will get 4+ this summer, for many years. Easy pass.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote