HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-23-2012, 09:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
On the last goal call--I can understand the "inconclusive" ruling. The last shot they showed on the NBCS feed made it look as if Neil kicked over the puck, and that Lundqvist twirling and lunging for the puck is what actually propelled it in.

That actually made sense, since from the first handful of angles we saw it didn't appear conclusive to me that Neil's skate actually contacted the puck. Looked like Lundqvist's stick/glove added the extra propulsion when he went to cover.

I'm always on board with being super critical of the the reffing in the NHL, but I think that call was legitimate. If you asked nyr2k2, impartial hockey fan, whether or not that was conclusive then I'd have to say no. I know I'm in a tiny minority but still.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JCrusher*

Sens fans should actually Thank Us. Besides the refs we actually handed 2 games to them because we should have wrapped up this series already

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
All u monkies that said last week that we should trade Stepan, I would love to hear from you tonight. He has been our best player the last two games. There about 29 other teams that would love a 21 year old that has 54 points on there team.
You mean a few idiots.....

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Two random thoughts...

Kreider has made amazing progress in four games. Tortorella thought enough of his defense to have him out in the last minute of the game. What a terrific young player.

And remember a couple of summers ago when Sather bid long and hard trying to sign Neil? Now you know why. I hate the guy but he would sure be welcome on my team anytime.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
1994sec311

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
we cant just hope neil goes away or gets clean in game 7. we need to be just as physical wiith him, fighting if need be

1994sec311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Looking at Anderson, hockey hair has changed a lot the last 20 years. No business in the front anymore, and even less party in the back
lol. deff no buisiness in the front any more....not a good looking dude at the end of the day i have to say

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Sens fans should actually Thank Us. Besides the refs we actually handed 2 games to them because we should have wrapped up this series already
If the Rangers had some decent offense, this series would've been over by 5.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DaRags30

I would like to say welcome back to Arty and Steps! Both were noticable tonight in my mind.....still waiting on Dubi though, thought he was better but he can still do a lot more.

DaRags30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
On the last goal call--I can understand the "inconclusive" ruling. The last shot they showed on the NBCS feed made it look as if Neil kicked over the puck, and that Lundqvist twirling and lunging for the puck is what actually propelled it in.

That actually made sense, since from the first handful of angles we saw it didn't appear conclusive to me that Neil's skate actually contacted the puck. Looked like Lundqvist's stick/glove added the extra propulsion when he went to cover.

I'm always on board with being super critical of the the reffing in the NHL, but I think that call was legitimate. If you asked nyr2k2, impartial hockey fan, whether or not that was conclusive then I'd have to say no. I know I'm in a tiny minority but still.
How about Neil flexing his stick and. Pushing Hank out of the crease

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Two random thoughts...

Kreider has made amazing progress in four games. Tortorella thought enough of his defense to have him out in the last minute of the game. What a terrific young player.

And remember a couple of summers ago when Sather bid long and hard trying to sign Neil? Now you know why. I hate the guy but he would sure be welcome on my team anytime.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing all series.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:27 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Two random thoughts...

I've noticed that the sens cant really stop Kreider he actually could have had another goal. He should get good minutes in Game 7

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Ottawa hasn't won **** yet. There's still a ******* Game 6 to be played.

We march in there, Hagelin in tow, Kick the **** out them in front of their own, and win this in New York.

BOOK IT.
Please complete the other half on Thursday Rangers.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I said the same thing to my buddy and he told me GTFO.. Then I was right lol. His skate never touches the puck.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He's The Lorax
haha...he looks like Teddy Roosevelt...sans hat and gun.

or Gregg Beam (David Harbour)

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
How about Neil flexing his stick and. Pushing Hank out of the crease
Yeah that I could absolutely buy. If they said interference, either intentional or coincidental, they'd be 100% right. Unfortunately that was missed on the ice, and all that had to review was the kick.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
All u monkies that said last week that we should trade Stepan, I would love to hear from you tonight. He has been our best player the last two games. There about 29 other teams that would love a 21 year old that has 54 points on there team.
See, ya gotta be careful with that paintbrush. No, not everyone wanted Stepan traded.

Lots of people were waiting, somewhat frustrated I might add, but waiting for Derek to do what we know he can do. Lots of folks have stuck by D-Step.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Two random thoughts...

Yeah. I hate Neil but Jesus Christ is he effective at what he does.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CH2

I don't get what the big deal is about what Neil said. He said he hopes he catches DZ with his head down, big deal.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

I would hate for the NFL logic of anything close = go with the original call to be implemented in this league.

If its inconclusive, keep reviewing. What if juror #8 had just gone with the guilty verdict because he was inconclusive and everyone else said guilty?

04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Moosehead777

Anyone have Henrik interview telling us the league is a sham.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

To be honest i am not that mad about that last call on the goal. I understand that it is probably because it really did not matter.

But i deffinetly understand why lundqvist was mad...he was right there and saw it up close.

Big win. LETS GO RANGERS!!!

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

They need to keep the mic further from Tort's nose

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I would hate for the NFL logic of anything close = go with the original call to be implemented in this league.

If its inconclusive, keep reviewing. What if juror #8 had just gone with the guilty verdict because he was inconclusive and everyone else said guilty?
I hear ya on this one, except for me things became less conclusive the more I saw. Especially when they showed the reverse angle shot, it actually looked clear to me that Neil missed the puck, instead kicking over it.

Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
I said the same thing to my buddy and he told me GTFO.. Then I was right lol. His skate never touches the puck.
What caused the acceleration of the puck?
Yeah, I know, that is not conclusive. I agree. It's a bugger, but when you get really technical, there was no clear vision of Neil's skate actually touching the puck.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Sens fans sound hypocritical when they defend Neil. Same fanbase that complained how dirty Avery was......
Ah let them say what they want. It's all white noise too me.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote