HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Black Aces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Hopefully, Tortorella realizes how having Kreider out there helps the team. He would be quite the idiot to not see that, and I think he does realize it.
The Senators are watching Kreider, they know he is dangerous. I don't think they were expecting the infusion of a new player of that calibre.
He looked so good out there. Strong on the boards, set up some nice chances as he did in game 5 and had a few of his own prior to scoring. The play where he stole the puck, chipped it off the boards and went in on a 2 on 1 was impressive.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
I ask, where are the non-believers now?

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
From 49.2:

(i) A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled no goal.
(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal.
(iii) A goal will be allowed when an attacking player kicks the puck and the puck deflects off his own stick and then into the net.

Sounds to me like it's irrelevant that Lundqvist gets his stick on it after Neil (attempted) to kick the puck. No?
There was a negated goal from a high stick earlier in the season: Someone bat at it, it hit off a defenseman, and the puck went in.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Callahan4C

Hahaha my mom went out after the 1st and then they scored the 3 goals.... I locked her in her room with no tv hahah guess whose not watching game 7

Callahan4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Hagelin really changes the dynamic of this team. Complete 360 in terms of forecheck and forcing turnovers. He made so many impressive plays tonight.

Cannot wait until I have the money to get a Hagelin Jersey.

04-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
From 49.2:

(i) A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled no goal.
(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal.
(iii) A goal will be allowed when an attacking player kicks the puck and the puck deflects off his own stick and then into the net.

Sounds to me like it's irrelevant that Lundqvist gets his stick on it after Neil (attempted) to kick the puck. No?
If neil kicks the puck and it hits Henriks stick or glove its a no goal. Thought that was clear...but thanks for the rules in case some NJ devils fan shows up in our thread telling us that the ruling was correct.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Cheap shot on Rosi.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:16 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Cheap shot on Rosi.
I thought Rozi was soft. LOL

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Sens fan in peace, you guys played an awesome 2nd period, deserved the win.
We played an awesome game and deserved to win.

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The refs were favoring the Senators by horse*****ng them the entire second period? Realistically that should have been a 2-2 game going to OT. Just another well-played playoff game that the refs decided; it's an epidemic this year.
no dude, read the rest of what I wrote. It's more a comment on the fact that refs tend to let anything go at the end of a playoff game in order to increase the drama/chances for more goals, etc

That it was the Sens tonight is irrelevant. They do it with any team, it's just a way to try to manufacture excitement in games and it doesn't matter if it's the Sens, the Rangers, or the Devils, there's no team bias, just mediocre reffing.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

who got the broadway hat tonight??

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Hagelin really changes the dynamic of this team. Complete 360 in terms of forecheck and forcing turnovers. He made so many impressive plays tonight.

Cannot wait until I have the money to get a Hagelin Jersey.
He also used his speed so well to get chances of his own. He looked so confident out there.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:20 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Good game guys. Let's see how confident the Sens fans are going into a game 7 at MSG.
We won twice there.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:20 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
We won twice there.
Yea, one game gift wrapped by Rangers.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

vCash: 50
The way these guys are, how close they are in the dressing room, it's hard not to fall in love with this group just the way they work and stand up for each other. It stems from the leadership group, and it's why we stayed calm and collected.
— Chris Kreider

great quote. sorry if someone already posted this.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Faceoffs are still a huge issue.

Boyle didnt help. His stats were skewed because he win the ones in the neutral zone.

Defensive zone faceoffs is a disaster stat for this team, especially shorthanded.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Yea, one game gift wrapped by Rangers.
Yea, it's not like DZ kicked Karlsson's pass into the goal or anything, or Staal let a puck bounce between his legs with 4 mins left for an easy finish that no goalie could save...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Kreider scored a similar goal against Vermont for BC this season.

On the 1st Senators PP in the 3rd,Sullivan used 3 D . Girardi,McDonagh and Staal. In the McD-Staal pairing,Staal played the right side. In the second one,DZ finished it off with Staal.

Please win one more game.

Everyone team needs to face adversity if they are going to be successful in the playoffs.

Boston was down 2-0 to Montreal last season. Lost games 1 and 2 at home.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
goalie dude
Rookie User

Honestly though, the garden needs to be crazy thursday. Their fans were loud, and that rangers suck chant pissed me off..

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie dude View Post
Honestly though, the garden needs to be crazy thursday. Their fans were loud, and that rangers suck chant pissed me off..
Honestly, after today, it probably will be. We have to come out and score early and keep our fans in it. :-D

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:28 PM
M0rbid

More icetime for Kreider plz.

Old
ltsthinaz

Couple of thoughts for Thursday:

1. Thought that the Rangers got out of the first period only down one goal was huge. Home teams need to use the crowd energy and the momentum early. Starting early in the second, Rangers really took over the game

2. Speed of Hagelin and Kreider makes a huge difference. Sens had to be back more on their heels and Rangers had much more puck possession.

3. Rangers towards the end were getting a ton of odd man breaks. Need to capitalize.

4. Stepan looked so much more engaged and better. Having a second line that could be dangerous makes all the difference in the world. Anisimov towards the end also looked like a difference maker. Both of them need to do it again on Thursday.

5. The extra day to rest will benefit the Rangers more IMO.

6. I've been defending Dubinsky all season. No more. He looks awful, couldn't score on an empty net, looked like he couldn't even stay upright half the time. Unfortunately, his contract makes him untradeable for anyone of value except as a throw-in or a trade just to get rid of his contract.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Faceoffs are still a huge issue.

Boyle didnt help. His stats were skewed because he win the ones in the neutral zone.

Defensive zone faceoffs is a disaster stat for this team, especially shorthanded.
How did Dubi do?

Old
04-23-2012, 10:29 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post

1. Thought that the Rangers got out of the first period only down one goal was huge. Home teams need to use the crowd energy and the momentum early. Starting early in the second, Rangers really took over the game

2. Speed of Hagelin and Kreider makes a huge difference. Sens had to be back more on their heels and Rangers had much more puck possession.

3. Rangers towards the end were getting a ton of odd man breaks. Need to capitalize.

4. Stepan looked so much more engaged and better. Having a second line that could be dangerous makes all the difference in the world. Anisimov towards the end also looked like a difference maker. Both of them need to do it again on Thursday.

6. I've been defending Dubinsky all season. No more. He looks awful, couldn't score on an empty net, looked like he couldn't even stay upright half the time. Unfortunately, his contract makes him untradeable for anyone of value except as a throw-in or a trade just to get rid of his contract.
Hagelin and Kreider in the same line would be beastly lol.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post

Doesn't matter at this point, trade him for a pick. Dump that salary.