HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Islanders and Habs

Old
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
as I said, it's all based on maybes and what ifs. But I can't see Ness or Katic as ready this season as more than call-ups (Katic based mostly on any need to strengthen the shoulder). If a bottom pair guy is what is needed NY may decide to offer for Weber, and I see Wishart as the offered return based on the Isles not wanting to spend too much to get someone like that.

Not saying it would happen, but it has a much better chance than the OP as Neids is a centrepiece of the more rescent rebuild
Snow has 4 pmd knocking on the door at Bridgeport.I doubt he wants any of those rookies playing top 4 minutes on LI next season.1-2 will likely be getting 3rd pairing minutes on LI.

Judging by Snow's trade history and ufa signing history,we are very likely to see moves like this for a proven top 4 d-man:Sarich signed an getting an extra yr to sign.2nd/3rd rounders+Rhkashani/Lee moved for Murray/Leopold.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow has 4 pmd knocking on the door at Bridgeport.I doubt he wants any of those rookies playing top 4 minutes on LI next season.1-2 will likely be getting 3rd pairing minutes on LI.

Judging by Snow's trade history and ufa signing history,we are very likely to see moves like this for a proven top 4 d-man:Sarich signed an getting an extra yr to sign.2nd/3rd rounders+Rhkashani/Lee moved for Murray/Leopold.
Agreed. I was only saying that if he were to trade with MTL, it would be a minor one involving likely Weber and it wouldn't be a huge return going back.

As for getting a top 4 D, likely going to be via trade as I can't see Snow getting the go ahead to make a big splash via UFA market, unless it's for an unsung guy that isn't likely to make big $$$

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:14 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
The OP is not that bad. It was never about Nino + 4th for habs 3rd overall. If you read well it is Nino + 4th for habs 3rd + top prospect D or NHL ready solid D. I'm a habs fan and I don't buy the Nino "bust" situation. An offensive threat like him should not be playing on the 4th line. Patches was awful with the habs before getting top 6 minutes.

I'm not sure I would do it but a it could be something like this.
Habs 3rd overall + Beaulieu
Isles 4th overall + Nino + 2nd round pick.

At this point beaulieu is looking to have an higher upside than Nino. Will play AHL next year and probably NHL ready in 2 years. Solidify Isles blue line and the habs add forward top end prospect. By the way a deal like that would depend on how the draft goes with the 1-2 picks.
Isles are not interrested in moving up 1 draft spot at the cost of Nino. I get that.

As a Habs fan i'm not interrested in moving down one at the expense of Beaulieu.
Isle fans like Nino. I personaly like Beaulieu more.
I don't believe there's a deal to be made involving our 1st rd picks.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
The premise of this deal is the Isles looking at a specific young blueliner in the upcoming draft.

IF the Isles see Murray as the clear-cut best defenseman in this draft, then moving Nino to secure Murray while picking up another good young defenseman in Beaulieu, Ellis, Tinordi, ... makes perfect sense, it's not selling low, it's all about securing the top defenseman.

Then obviously, if the isles believe the player they are going to get at 4 is equal than the guy they could secure at 3th, it would be kind of foolish. Since it's a trading board, i believe it's perfectly fine to discuss the possibility of the Isles looking at a specific defenseman in this draft.
Bingo. That's exactly it. Some fans will think that the Islanders defense is good as is, I'm going under the debatable concept that it's not, and on the fact that they are very deep in quality young forwards. It's okay to disagree, and it doesn't make the other side wrong (or right) because it goes against our beliefs.

Also, the names we've mentioned (Habs d-men) are likely closer to being NHL ready (and make an impact) that a brand new draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
The OP is not that bad. It was never about Nino + 4th for habs 3rd overall. If you read well it is Nino + 4th for habs 3rd + top prospect D or NHL ready solid D. I'm a habs fan and I don't buy the Nino "bust" situation. An offensive threat like him should not be playing on the 4th line. Patches was awful with the habs before getting top 6 minutes.

I'm not sure I would do it but a it could be something like this.
Habs 3rd overall + Beaulieu
Isles 4th overall + Nino + 2nd round pick.

At this point beaulieu is looking to have an higher upside than Nino. Will play AHL next year and probably NHL ready in 2 years. Solidify Isles blue line and the habs add forward top end prospect. By the way a deal like that would depend on how the draft goes with the 1-2 picks.
Exactly where I was going with that. Unfortunately, some turned it into Markov, Campoli, and even Gorges. Not sure how, as I did name the young quality prospects in the OP.

Quote:
No thanks.

Isles and Habs fans disagree about the upside of the NYI young blueliners:Hamonic,MacDonald,De Haan ,Donovan,Mayfield,Ness,Pedan,Kitchon.That's fine.

However,19 yr Nino is not available.The isles are trying to add size/toughness/scoring to their wings.Trading 6'3 Nino,who plays a physical,chippy game does not make sense
That is YOUR opinion and I respect it. Remains to see if Garth Snow shares it or not.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

That is YOUR opinion and I respect it. Remains to see if Garth Snow shares it or not.
Habsterix, actually the assumption that Garth is looking to draft a defenseman with his first pick is where your thinking went off track, actually Garth has stated many times that he thinks it is not cost effective to draft a defender with a high end pick, that is his stated philosophy which he showed by passing on Fowler for Nino in the first place and again bypassing Hamilton for Strome last year. from What im told he is leaning towards Galchenyuk unless you take him in which case he will take Grigorich,

The whole Islanders take a defenseman theory is overblown because the GM doesnt believe it is good value

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Bingo. That's exactly it. Some fans will think that the Islanders defense is good as is, I'm going under the debatable concept that it's not, and on the fact that they are very deep in quality young forwards. It's okay to disagree, and it doesn't make the other side wrong (or right) because it goes against our beliefs.

Also, the names we've mentioned (Habs d-men) are likely closer to being NHL ready (and make an impact) that a brand new draft pick.

Exactly where I was going with that. Unfortunately, some turned it into Markov, Campoli, and even Gorges. Not sure how, as I did name the young quality prospects in the OP.

Isles are counting on 22 yr old Donovan and 21 yr old De Haan to make an impact,not an 18 yr old.

And seeing how bruising and physical these playoffs are,makes me doubt more then ever that Snow will be shopping 6'3 Nino.

But,if you come across a link from a credible source,come on the NYI board with it.Until then,Nino to Montreal remains a fantasy wish from some Habs fans.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
Habsterix, actually the assumption that Garth is looking to draft a defenseman with his first pick is where your thinking went off track, actually Garth has stated many times that he thinks it is not cost effective to draft a defender with a high end pick, that is his stated philosophy which he showed by passing on Fowler for Nino in the first place and again bypassing Hamilton for Strome last year. from What im told he is leaning towards Galchenyuk unless you take him in which case he will take Grigorich,

The whole Islanders take a defenseman theory is overblown because the GM doesnt believe it is good value
I'm not sure where you read that I was thinking that they'd draft a defenseman. I did state that it didn't make sense to draft a d-man and expect him to have a immediate impact on the team though, which basically goes along the lines of what you're saying. Therefore, I agree. That's why I'm going on the basis that getting a NHL ready d-man is preferable to drafting one if the need is now (or sooner rather than later).

Quote:
But,if you come across a link from a credible source,come on the NYI board with it.Until then,Nino to Montreal remains a fantasy wish from some Habs fans.
I didn't know that in order to make a trade proposal in this section, one had to come up with a credible link. And you saying that it's a fantasy once again proves that you didn't understand a thing about the thread in spite of you repeating over and over again that you did.

Seriously man, give it up. It's a proposal based on the debatable concept that the Islanders (not you) would be seriously interested in sacrificing some depth up front for that quality on defense. That's all it is. You disagree? That's fine. You're entitled to it. I'm not going to call you delusional for that. In my opinion, they do. That's all.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote