HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-24-2012, 09:40 AM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'm just looking for a way to better utilize the roster spot.

Eminger's been skating and was a possibility for last night. I can't see why he'd be out of the question later this week.
When was there ever an indication this season that Eminger was higher on the depth chart than Bickel? Bickel isn't being sat because of something he did, he's being sat because McDonagh's and Girardi's 28th minute and Staal's 22nd minute, etc, are more reliable than any minute your getting from Bickel.

This isn't gonna change for game 7.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
Are...are you serious? All this time I'm thinking he got laid out into the boards. He tried to sell that? Is he kidding?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:12 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
Are...are you serious? All this time I'm thinking he got laid out into the boards. He tried to sell that? Is he kidding?
He's a ****ing joke.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay NYR View Post
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,3,116&lang=en

4:18 Doesn't look like Lundqvist is touching the puck from that angle.
All you have to do is watch the angle they show from the back of Neil or rather in front of the net facing straight on. When that clip begins you will see the front tip of neils left skate....meaning the tip of the blade on his left skate.. touch the puck and move it forward. Its not hard to see. On the video that you posted at 4:17-4:19 youll see what i mean. But all in all game 7 is here. and time to smack ottawa back into reality.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
It ignited us. Homer goggles.
I don't buy that. That's just the Rangers sticking up for their tough guy getting owned.

The 5 on 3 ignited the Rangers.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I don't buy that. That's just the Rangers sticking up for their tough guy getting owned.

Prust isn't the Rangers "tough guy", hes a tough hard nosed player who is physical and wont back down or hesitate to initiate a fight with a cheap shot artist such as Neil no matter how much bigger he is.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:48 AM
blue425

Hagelin plays games one and two. Rangers play pretty well.

He is suspended. Rangers lose two of three.

He comes back. They win pretty convincingly.

He might have not been on the score sheet, but make no mistakes, that kid makes the Rangers significantly more dangerous. He gives the team that speed that no one else on the roster is able to offer.

I believe the boys will win game seven.

Should they accomplish that they will have become a battle tested group, that has faced and conquered adversity in the playoffs. I am not the first person to say this.

This could be the series we look back on years from now (like Lundqvist's performance in game three) and remember it as the series that made the Rangers legit.

Lets Go Rangers.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
My god, that is beautiful.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Hagelin plays games one and two. Rangers play pretty well.

He is suspended. Rangers lose two of three.

He comes back. They win pretty convincingly.

He might have not been on the score sheet, but make no mistakes, that kid makes the Rangers significantly more dangerous. He gives the team that speed that no one else on the roster is able to offer.

I believe the boys will win game seven.

Should they accomplish that they will have become a battle tested group, that has faced and conquered adversity in the playoffs. I am not the first person to say this.

This could be the series we look back on years from now (like Lundqvist's performance in game three) and remember it as the series that made the Rangers legit.

Lets Go Rangers.
I look forward to the offseason player value polls that rank the players in the organization. If Gaborik even sniffs the top 10 then I quit.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:57 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest View Post
Prust isn't the Rangers "tough guy", hes a tough hard nosed player who is physical and wont back down or hesitate to initiate a fight with a cheap shot artist such as Neil no matter how much bigger he is.
Are they not a carbin copy of each other? Both are middleweights, both will fight anyone & both make questionable plays to help their team win. BTW Neil has never been suspended & has been reviewed a few times which means he has not gone beyond the rules to hit or hurt anyone. He was not penalized for the Boyle hit & he was not penalized by the NHL review panel which is located in Toronto, a city that hates the Sens. Most in Ottawa think that the league & the refs are against us.

We also have Carkner who is our heavyweight, I assume that Rupp is yours. The Sens have just as many, if not more guys who will drop them as NY does. This yr's Sens team is one of the toughest teams Ottawa has ever had. If you want to play tough, Ottawa can do that & we can also play a run & gun game. IMO the two teams are pretty evenly matched & it's penalties & the PP that is making the difference in this series to this point. Game seven should be a doozy.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

Obviously you didn't watch the game...the fight and the lazy Sens PP/Great Kill by the Rangers in the 2nd is what ignited the Rangers

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:00 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'm a longtime Rangers fan and the call against Foligno was nonsense and swung the game our way. Glad it happened, but any Rangers fan who thought that was a fair call is kidding themselves.

That call goes the other way and people flip out here.
Look, you guys were better than us and deserved to win, but thanks for what you said. I know we all hate both sides right now, but it is good to see some honest commentary.

No one wants to see the refs get in the way and thankfully the last goal was not to tie it up. Not because they got the review wrong because to me it was not conclusive enough to overturn the decision on the ice. If the call on the ice was no goal, thye review would not have been conclusive enough to overturn that decision as well. It was, however, clearly goalie interference.

The chintzy stuff? As Pierre McGuire said this morning, a real poor job by the refs because it was full of makeup calls which is why we all get irritated .

Old
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Obviously you didn't watch the game...the fight and the lazy Sens PP/Great Kill by the Rangers in the 2nd is what ignited the Rangers
Dissagree about the fight. The Ranges didnt show up until the 2nd but I do agree that it wasn't the 5 on 3 it was a little earlier than that when the Rangers got their first goal.

Just in case your wondering I was at the game so I had a good measure of the atmosphere.....

The reffs were atrocious which I have concluded wasn't the reason the SENS lost although it didnt help - it was because they didnt even show up

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
nevesis

Lot of Sens fans feel compelled to come over to our board. I wonder why?

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest View Post
Has he not fought , like, 20 times or something? I know he ain't big but I'd take him on my team any day. Love Prust. Prust is not averse at borderline playes either, he plays hard like players of his ilk. If he ain't playing that way, he is no in the NHL is he?

Funny how you can gloss one while cut up the other when they play the same role.

Old
04-24-2012, 11:11 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Time to give Brad Richards a little love:

20+ minutes in 4/5 games.
Obviously a guy that everyone is looking to here in the playoffs
5 points in 6 games
Played his ass off last night

If we win game 7, this is the guy that's going to get it done.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:12 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
I was in section 211...where were you sitting? All I saw was standing ovation and cheering but from my vantage point I did see Torts make a beeline for Prust as he came off to congratulate him. The rest of the period continued as the score indicated. The Rangers were not doing much and Ottawa was in control...although I didn't feel Ottawa was playing great.

The gifted 5 on 3 changed the game and gave the Rangers the lead.

Both power plays have been terrible this series.

Old
04-24-2012, 11:13 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Has he not fought , like, 20 times or something? I know he ain't big but I'd take him on my team any day. Love Prust. Prust is not averse at borderline playes either, he plays hard like players of his ilk. If he ain't playing that way, he is no in the NHL is he?

Funny how you can gloss one while cut up the other when they play the same role.
This comparison loses its luster after looking at just fighting. Prust is always fair and isn't a cheap shot artist. He doesn't deliver a hit like Neil does on Richards which was completely away from everything. I'm not saying Neil isn't a valuable piece for the Sens - he is and as long as he isn't getting called for his stupidity he should keep doing it. Neil reminds me more of Avery than he does Prust. Prust is an above the line player. Neil isn't. Can't think of NHL team that couldn't use him, though.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Time to give Brad Richards a little love:

20+ minutes in 4/5 games.
Obviously a guy that everyone is looking to here in the playoffs
5 points in 6 games
Played his ass off last night

If we win game 7, this is the guy that's going to get it done.
Appears so. He's doing it with less here in NY too. Get this guy a LW this offseason and we'll see if people want to cut him down then.

04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
This comparison loses its luster after looking at just fighting. Prust is always fair and isn't a cheap shot artist. He doesn't deliver a hit like Neil does on Richards which was completely away from everything. I'm not saying Neil isn't a valuable piece for the Sens - he is and as long as he isn't getting called for his stupidity he should keep doing it. Neil reminds me more of Avery than he does Prust. Prust is an above the line player. Neil isn't. Can't think of NHL team that couldn't use him, though.
YOu should not use the words "always" or "never" in backing your argument. I think if Prust read what you said about him he would laugh in your face. Guess you missed the crosscheck last night? I am on a Rangers board but really, Prust and Neil are pretty much the same kind of player. Agitator. Aggressor. Provoker. Fighter. Team guy. Stand up for teammates. Will hit everything and anything. I can go on and on...

Old
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yup, Broadway is doing his job.

Also, I really wonder what the Sens fans think about the atrocious reffing in the last few games. Though they won, so I doubt they care.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
I look forward to the offseason player value polls that rank the players in the organization. If Gaborik even sniffs the top 10 then I quit.
In the playoffs, he doesn't deserve to been anywhere near the top 10 as of now.

During the regular season, absolutely.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:32 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

someone should make a video of last night's highlights with afrojack - take over control

i normally don't like that techno music...but it seems fitting.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Cowen Time

Congrats on the win. The Rangers deserved it. They worked their system better and more consistently. The Senators made more mistakes, like on the 3rd goal and the Rangers jumped on it.

One game series now, and home ice advantage has meant squat. Should be a good and tight one.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:33 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
...and we are still better than you Durkin67. N0. 67, why did you choose that number?
Shouldn't you try trolling on Leafs board? We care nothing about YOUR little rivalry with Toronto.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote