HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New fan here

Old
04-22-2012, 09:11 PM
FinnishHim
Rookie User

vCash: 500
New fan here

OK, just signed up for the board & I'm still learning my way around hockey (we didn't have a team in Cleveland when I was growing up. Still don't actually) I have a sweater in the old blue style, but want one of the new gold ones. Anyone have a suggestion for a player who'll be around for a while? I don't want to get in the situation I had with my Browns, jerseys hanging in the closet while the player named on it plays somewhere else. And I'm not "put your own name on your jersey" guy. LOL Any help would be appreciated....

FinnishHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Nitrous Mafia

sup.

rinne just signed a 7yr deal so he's a pretty safe bet.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
FinnishHim
Rookie User

Sounds like a plan. Goes well with the screenname too!

Old
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
wadesworld

If you're looking for a forward, pretty safe bet that Craig Smith or Gabriel Borque will be around for a while too. Smith is getting scratched a bunch in the playoffs right now simply because he's just so young, but he did play last game. Borque has been having a great series.

But yeah, given your screen name, Rinne does fit.

wadesworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Rinne and Legwand are your best bets. Weber if he signs longterm this off-season.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:32 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Rinne no doubt. He's our franchise goaltender for atleast 7 more years!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:14 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
I stopped buying personalized jerseys after I finally shelled out for a Vokoun, and then he got traded... then bought a Mason.... traded

now, after hearing about my jersey luck, folks have offered to help me buy Legwand and Klein jerseys, but I refuse to help the haters

PS: Welcome to the boards and to PredNation!

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:51 AM
DJOpus

As a new Preds fan (actually a Canucks fan but we're out and I bet to win $1,200 if you win the conference @ 9 to 1 before the playoffs started).

I'd suggest waiting until next year to see what Shea does (he's by far the #1 guy I would buy) or buy a Rinne jersey if you want one for this year's playoffs.

Also, for personal jerseys, unless you are a child, I wouldn't do it.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:52 AM
FinnishHim
Rookie User

Thanks for the input folks! What about Colin Wilson? I've always been kinda partial to #33.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishHim View Post
Thanks for the input folks! What about Colin Wilson? I've always been kinda partial to #33.
I would be shocked to see him in a Preds jersey next year. Shocked.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
PhoneGuy

Go with a Gnash sweater. He'll always be here.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:31 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Safest bet - Rinne, Legwand, Fisher, Josi.
Gamble - Weber, Radulov
Clearance rack - Suter, Tootoo, Wilson

preds1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
VFL615*

Simple answer buy a Preds jersey with no name. I have two of them and would never get a team jersey with a name. IMO it is more about a team than a player.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
FinnishHim
Rookie User

@VFL715, that's probably the best answer. Or maybe get a Wilson when (if?) it goes on clearance and remove the nameplate...

Old
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

No player is 100% guaranteed to stay forever. Get whomever you like. Worst case it changes.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Just wanted to say hey. Pens fan here. I live in SC, though, so I'm all for southern hockey and I'm a fan of the Preds. Plus your away whites are too slick. Anyway, mind if I hop on for the remainder of your trip?

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
Just wanted to say hey. Pens fan here. I live in SC, though, so I'm all for southern hockey and I'm a fan of the Preds. Plus your away whites are too slick. Anyway, mind if I hop on for the remainder of your trip?
As long as you don't cry like Sid the Kid...

I kid I kid.... We welcome all

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
As long as you don't cry like Sid the Kid...

I kid I kid.... We welcome all
I just elbow like Matt Cooke.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

It really doesn't matter whose name is on the back. Reality is there will be a new jersey in a few years that you'll want to update to. Whomever is on the back of this jersey is simply future history.

In your case I'd get Rinne. Might be fun to have a Weber or Suter for 15 years from now.

I have a mustard Kariya. He was gone within months, the jersey was history in a year. Now I wear it as a rally jersey.

I wish now that I'd gone ahead and gotten Geoffrion. Didn't think he'd be traded that quickly.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:39 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
It really doesn't matter whose name is on the back. Reality is there will be a new jersey in a few years that you'll want to update to. Whomever is on the back of this jersey is simply future history.

In your case I'd get Rinne. Might be fun to have a Weber or Suter for 15 years from now.

I have a mustard Kariya. He was gone within months, the jersey was history in a year. Now I wear it as a rally jersey.

I wish now that I'd gone ahead and gotten Geoffrion. Didn't think he'd be traded that quickly.
That's exactly the reason I don't have one of the new home / away sweaters - I have four or five old sweaters in my closet already, and here in a couple years they will probably change them again. I'll stick with my black/blue third.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
No player is 100% guaranteed to stay forever. Get whomever you like. Worst case it changes.
Good advice. If you like a player, buy the jersey. People still wear jerseys sporting the names of players who have moved on. Hell, I wish I would have bought a Forsberg jersey back in the day just because he is one of my favorite players of all time. I didn't, though, because I figured he wouldn't be around.

I bought a Weber jersey. Maybe he's back long term, maybe not. One thing is certain, though. Regardless of what he does, for years I will remember his playing days in Nashville fondly, but this time I won't think "damn, I should have bought his jersey while he was here."

If you want one now but cannot decide then you should buy a blank one. You can always have the name, numbers, and C/A (if necessary) added later.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
wadesworld

I'm still rockin' my Tom Fitzgerald jersey, so I certainly have no issue with wearing the jersey of a player that's moved on.

wadesworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I had a blank one for about a year before Hornqvist signed his contract and went with him.

I still rock my Hartnell jersey for Flyers games and such.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:25 PM
codeman00

I bought a Smith jersey back when the gold jerseys came out. He has a lot of upside, he's at the beginning of his contract, and he was a rookie all star. I think he will be around for several years or at least until the jersey's are updated. Rinne was my 2nd option....can't argue with getting a jersey of a talented goalie such as him with a 7 year contract. Plus, Rinne is just seems like a great guy personally.

I would love to have bought a Weber jersey, but you just never know about Sutes, Webs or Rads.

I prefer the jerseys with player numbers myself. I think they look more finished and just all around look better. That's my opinion though. I almost got a personalized one but decided with a player jersey instead. I wish I could buy 3-4 of them and switch them out.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I have a Fisher gold jersey, after about five years of wearing a Weber jersey in one way or another. One of which being the previous home jersey with the 10 year patch on it....which I'm proud of because I knew that was going to be a season to remember after fighting off Balsillie. Then that was preceded by a combination of Cliff Ronning and Scott Walker.

I understand the people that don't want a name on their jersey or whatever because many of them will deem their jersey useless if that player leaves, but to me I don't like wearing a blank one. I just like jerseys with a favorite player on them and I like "representing" a player I've taken a liking to. I think they look way better than blank ones.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote