HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-24-2012, 11:35 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yup, Broadway is doing his job.

Also, I really wonder what the Sens fans think about the atrocious reffing in the last few games. Though they won, so I doubt they care.
According to them, it wasn't atrocious until last night.

Imagine that.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Dissagree about the fight. The Ranges didnt show up until the 2nd but I do agree that it wasn't the 5 on 3 it was a little earlier than that when the Rangers got their first goal.

Just in case your wondering I was at the game so I had a good measure of the atmosphere.....

The reffs were atrocious which I have concluded wasn't the reason the SENS lost although it didnt help - it was because they didnt even show up
The officiating has been atrocious for the past few years, you will not see me defending the refs. I thought both goalie interference calls were extremely weak and should never have been called in a PO game but they set the precedent on that with the Kreider call...so they basically boxed themselves in

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:39 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
YOu should not use the words "always" or "never" in backing your argument. I think if Prust read what you said about him he would laugh in your face. Guess you missed the crosscheck last night? I am on a Rangers board but really, Prust and Neil are pretty much the same kind of player. Agitator. Aggressor. Provoker. Fighter. Team guy. Stand up for teammates. Will hit everything and anything. I can go on and on...
The fact that you think Prust and Neil are "similar" players means you don't watch Prust enough. Prust fights to change momentum or to defend a teammate. Neil fights because he is challenged constantly for his borderline cheap shots.

Neil is much more Steve Ott or Raffi Torres than Brandon Prust.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'm a longtime Rangers fan and the call against Foligno was nonsense and swung the game our way. Glad it happened, but any Rangers fan who thought that was a fair call is kidding themselves.

That call goes the other way and people flip out here.
The refs are going to miss a few calls sure. And I appreciate an effort at objectivity. If you look at the calls made by both the league and the officials in this series, it's advantage senz all the way.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
I was in section 211...where were you sitting? All I saw was standing ovation and cheering but from my vantage point I did see Torts make a beeline for Prust as he came off to congratulate him. The rest of the period continued as the score indicated. The Rangers were not doing much and Ottawa was in control...although I didn't feel Ottawa was playing great.

The gifted 5 on 3 changed the game and gave the Rangers the lead.

Both power plays have been terrible this series.
I was in Section Leather recliner...as for the rest we will agree to disagree

Old
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
YOu should not use the words "always" or "never" in backing your argument. I think if Prust read what you said about him he would laugh in your face. Guess you missed the crosscheck last night? I am on a Rangers board but really, Prust and Neil are pretty much the same kind of player. Agitator. Aggressor. Provoker. Fighter. Team guy. Stand up for teammates. Will hit everything and anything. I can go on and on...
Totally wrong...Neil is an Avery who can actually fight.

You will never see Prust pushing around guys who don't fight the way Neil does with guys like Gaborik, Richards, Kreider, etc.

In fact the Prust hit on Karlsson last night was extremely out of character for him.

Old
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Are they not a carbin copy of each other? Both are middleweights, both will fight anyone & both make questionable plays to help their team win. BTW Neil has never been suspended & has been reviewed a few times which means he has not gone beyond the rules to hit or hurt anyone. He was not penalized for the Boyle hit & he was not penalized by the NHL review panel which is located in Toronto, a city that hates the Sens. Most in Ottawa think that the league & the refs are against us.
We also have Carkner who is our heavyweight, I assume that Rupp is yours. The Sens have just as many, if not more guys who will drop them as NY does. This yr's Sens team is one of the toughest teams Ottawa has ever had. If you want to play tough, Ottawa can do that & we can also play a run & gun game. IMO the two teams are pretty evenly matched & it's penalties & the PP that is making the difference in this series to this point. Game seven should be a doozy.

No. Not a "carbin" copy. There's a reason Ottawa finished in 8th.

Neil is an agitator and many other things crybaby,whinypants, ****** comes to my mind, Torts neutered the team through the middle of this series by not allowing them to retaliate.

What would make you think the refs are against you? Only helped Ottawa score both goals last night........

By Carkner,you mean a gutless sucker puncher? Just as many if not more?

We have Prust, Rupp, Bickel, Dubinsky, (if he ever dresses) Scott, and Callahan(occasionally). They will all drop gloves if need be please take what you consider to be tough (all the cheap shots, sucker punchings) and post elsewhere.

I am pretty sure if this team weren't neutered by either the league or the coach the trolls from Ottawa would have been trampled by this point.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:59 AM
nyrrichter35

i dont mean to change the subject here, and i'm sure this has already been talked about extensively; but i'm really not surprised that the goal stood at the end. it was called a goal on the ice and there was no camera angle that definitively showed his skate direct the puck into the net.

with that in mind, i was much MUCH more angry at the fact that 5 minutes after neil chirped lundqvist from behind the net, he pitchforks him out of the crease, allowing the eventual goal. out of all the goalie interference calls we've seen every playoff series this year, how does that one go uncalled? refs must have been looking for the puck.

i don't think for a second there is collusion within the NHL. bad calls have been made and big calls have been missed in every series. human error is an element we have to live with. (shanny is another story)

nyrrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The fact that you think Prust and Neil are "similar" players means you don't watch Prust enough. Prust fights to change momentum or to defend a teammate. Neil fights because he is challenged constantly for his borderline cheap shots.

Neil is much more Steve Ott or Raffi Torres than Brandon Prust.
Neil is Dale Hunter on Steroids

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:11 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
RANGERFAN12508

Idk if this has been discussed "but where is the goal cam video on that play " I get it that there was a stick , a glove , and a foot there Before the puck started to accelerate towards the goal ( another theory Ottawa has the capability to tilt the ice at the push of a button.lol ) from the angle above . As much as I hate to admit it it COULD have any of those three things that pushed the puck into the net. So inconclusive. I get it BUT what about the GOAL CAM anybody seen any footage of did the camera malfunction no goal cam video = conspiracy. Peace out
H
That's a goal that goes off the skate .. Follow the angle of the puck.

Last edited by RANGERFAN12508: 04-24-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Just watched video
RANGERFAN12508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:19 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrrichter35 View Post
i dont mean to change the subject here, and i'm sure this has already been talked about extensively; but i'm really not surprised that the goal stood at the end. it was called a goal on the ice and there was no camera angle that definitively showed his skate direct the puck into the net.

with that in mind, i was much MUCH more angry at the fact that 5 minutes after neil chirped lundqvist from behind the net, he pitchforks him out of the crease, allowing the eventual goal. out of all the goalie interference calls we've seen every playoff series this year, how does that one go uncalled? refs must have been looking for the puck.

i don't think for a second there is collusion within the NHL. bad calls have been made and big calls have been missed in every series. human error is an element we have to live with. (shanny is another story)
Tim Peel was the same Ref where he and McCauley + two linesman missed a high stick to Fedetenko, so blatant, Fedetenko was bleeding profusely. 30 seconds later instead of being on a Power Play, Eminger gets hit and separates his shoulder.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Tim Peel was the same Ref where he and McCauley + two linesman missed a high stick to Fedetenko, so blatant, Fedetenko was bleeding profusely. 30 seconds later instead of being on a Power Play, Eminger gets hit and separates his shoulder.
can you give me any legitimate reason why the NHL would want to miss those calls?

Old
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
varanger94

Quote:
can you give me any legitimate reason why the NHL would want to miss those calls?
Not the NHL. Tim Peel. You have to ask him

Old
04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
Not the NHL. Tim Peel. You have to ask him
so tim peel just decided, "hm, i see that stick just hit him in the face and he's bleeding, but i'm not going to call it because i hate him and the rangers"

Old
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
varanger94

Quote:
so tim peel just decided, "hm, i see that stick just hit him in the face and he's bleeding, but i'm not going to call it because i hate him and the rangers"
Why don't you explain why all four officials missed it right in front of the bench. In the video you see the linesman right there

Old
04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Lost in the mix, Stralman has been a revelation on the point on the powerplay. He has the poise and hands to calm it down and play catch with Richards. He made some great plays last night.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
Why don't you explain why all four officials missed it right in front of the bench. In the video you see the linesman right there
because referees miss calls. it happens all the time and it happens to every team. naturally, some more than others. type "tim peel missed call" into google. youll find about 10 other teams that feel the same way about their team. don't be a homer, its the nature of the game.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Lost in the mix, Stralman has been a revelation on the point on the powerplay. He has the poise and hands to calm it down and play catch with Richards. He made some great plays last night.
Agreed, he doesn't panic with the puck like Del Z. Has shown a ton of poise.

I would personally like to see Del Z with Mcd on our second unit. But Torts has shown an adversion to having McD on the PP. Girardi is awful on the PP.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Seems pretty clear to me. Lundqvist gets his stick on top of the puck and pulls it towards himself (the puck slows down and starts to go backwards, look closely) Neil kicks the puck (hits on top of the puck at the blade of his skates) in to the net. Lundqvist never touched it with his glove.

vstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
varanger94

Quote:
because referees miss calls. it happens all the time and it happens to every team. naturally, some more than others. type "tim peel missed call" into google. youll find about 10 other teams that feel the same way about their team. don't be a homer, its the nature of the game.
If you watched the game, which I doubt you would have known why. It's called put your blinders on to even things out. Even our , I guess homer Announcers couldn't believe it.

Old
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
mug25

Why are we still whining about a goal that didn't make a difference in the series? Onto Game 7.

Hope Torts keeps these EXACT lines together, maybe putt Scott in place of Mitchell...dont think Prust can take on Neil.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Nickmo82

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstk View Post
Seems pretty clear to me. Lundqvist gets his stick on top of the puck and pulls it towards himself (the puck slows down and starts to go backwards, look closely) Neil kicks the puck (hits on top of the puck at the blade of his skates) in to the net. Lundqvist never touched it with his glove.
Edit: Neil kicks the puck while spearing lundqvist.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:43 PM
varanger94

Someone should send the gif to Mike Fatcessa. He's agreeing with the league. he says he can't tell. and Dat why did Da league say its no good. The Hockey Mavin

Old
04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
nyrrichter35

Quote:
If you watched the game, which I doubt you would have known why. It's called put your blinders on to even things out. Even our , I guess homer Announcers couldn't believe it.
your original point was that tim peel is the SAME ref that missed the tenko call earlier in the year. so what are you hinting at? that tim peel has it out for the rangers?