HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 10 based purely on offensive potential

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
  #51
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
this thread is for "potential" and marcantuoni, anthanasiou or even someone like charles hudon could definitely get up there high on my list
All the talent in the world, but can't even put it together in the OHL (though injuries have hurt Marcantuoni).

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  #52
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
T1. Yakupov (1st liner/PP1)
T1. Teravainen (1st liner/PP1/PK1)
3. Forsberg (1st liner/PP2/PK1 or 2)
4. Galchenyuk (1st liner/PP2)
5. Grigorenko (1st line/PP2)

You guys should've honestly seen how Jokerit powerplay did work when Eaves and Teravainen was paired together.
I didn't notice it until DuckJet pointed it out, but you really do hype Teravainen too much. He's not better than the three guys you have listed behind him at the moment, and I doubt he will be in the future.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
  #53
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,734
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
On offensive potential alone I thought I'd see Tanner Pearson in some peoples top 10.
Really? He played a grinder role at the WJHC and is considered to be a top 60 pick mostly because he's so well rounded as a player.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:57 PM
  #54
gifted88
Dante the poet
 
gifted88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guelph, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Really? He played a grinder role at the WJHC and is considered to be a top 60 pick mostly because he's so well rounded as a player.
He was a PPG at the WJC...

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
  #55
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,734
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
He was a PPG at the WJC...
Yeah, but was playing as the muscle and grinder guy on his line pretty much the entire tourney.


Last edited by R S: 04-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
  #56
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
All the talent in the world, but can't even put it together in the OHL (though injuries have hurt Marcantuoni).
It was all injuries for Marcantuoni. Concussion at the start of the year at the Ivan Hlinka and all the other injuries that followed.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
  #57
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
He's shutdowning the best player in the world in the playoffs as a 19 years old. He's playing top PK minutes too.

And yeah he has 75 points and first line center potential.
Shutting down? Malkin was over a PPG in the playoffs.

Couturier had one really good game(hat trick) and then was mediocre for the rest, never being a +'ve plus minus after that game, or getting a single point. Don't get me wrong, he has great potential and inconsistency is the mark of a young player, but Couturier doesn't have the offensive potential of Yakupov. All around? Sure, Couturier looks like the definite more rounded player. Offensively, Yakupov is ahead by a fair bit.

We're talking about a player who as a rookie put up 49 goals and over 100 points in the OHL, and scored at an even higher pace this year in a shortened season.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
  #58
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Yakupov is better offensively than nugent Hopkins (scout consensus), Grigorenko trumps couturier in terms of offensive potential but also gets a slight edge over huberdeau's offense. Galchenyuk trumps couturier in terms of offense and is about as even with huberdeau. Forsberg is also a lot more talented offensively than landeskog is.
Where have you seen evidence of a scouting consensus that Yakupov is better than RNH?

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:12 PM
  #59
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Shutting down? Malkin was over a PPG in the playoffs.

Couturier had one really good game(hat trick) and then was mediocre for the rest, never being a +'ve plus minus after that game, or getting a single point. Don't get me wrong, he has great potential and inconsistency is the mark of a young player, but Couturier doesn't have the offensive potential of Yakupov. All around? Sure, Couturier looks like the definite more rounded player. Offensively, Yakupov is ahead by a fair bit.

We're talking about a player who as a rookie put up 49 goals and over 100 points in the OHL, and scored at an even higher pace this year in a shortened season.
Didn't Malkin's goals come against Briere's line? Couts played very good in game 6 and broke up a few of Malkin's plays. I wouldn't say Couturier played very mediocre at all.

Actually when you break down the goals, Couturier got the better of Malkin. (When a goal was scored with both players on the ice, the player whose team scores gets a +1)

Game 1: Both 0
Game 2: Couturier +2
Game 3: Malkin +1 (PP)
Game 4: Malkin +3 (+2 PP)
Game 5: Malkin +1 PP
Game 6: 0

So for Couturier, who was in a primarily defensive shutdown role, when he and Malkin were on the ice together, Couturier was +1 in the series. Malkin was on the ice for 5 of Pittsburgh's goals while Couturier was on the ice and four of those were PP goals.

So at even strength, the rookie got the better of the consensus MVP. I wouldn't call that very mediocre especially when you consider how many times Couts beat him in one v one battles. It wasn't overwhelming and Geno certainly got the better of him at times, but he played a great series.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
  #60
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Didn't Malkin's goals come against Briere's line? Couts played very good in game 6 and broke up a few of Malkin's plays. I wouldn't say Couturier played very mediocre at all.

Actually when you break down the goals, Couturier got the better of Malkin. (When a goal was scored with both players on the ice, the player whose team scores gets a +1)

Game 1: Both 0
Game 2: Couturier +2
Game 3: Malkin +1 (PP)
Game 4: Malkin +3 (+2 PP)
Game 5: Malkin +1 PP
Game 6: 0

So for Couturier, who was in a primarily defensive shutdown role, when he and Malkin were on the ice together, Couturier was +1 in the series. Malkin was on the ice for 5 of Pittsburgh's goals while Couturier was on the ice and four of those were PP goals.

So at even strength, the rookie got the better of the consensus MVP. I wouldn't call that very mediocre especially when you consider how many times Couts beat him in one v one battles. It wasn't overwhelming and Geno certainly got the better of him at times, but he played a great series.
This, thanks.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  #61
grits207
Registered User
 
grits207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Saint John, N.B.
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
T1. Yakupov (1st liner/PP1)
T1. Teravainen (1st liner/PP1/PK1)
3. Forsberg (1st liner/PP2/PK1 or 2)
4. Galchenyuk (1st liner/PP2)
5. Grigorenko (1st line/PP2)

You guys should've honestly seen how Jokerit powerplay did work when Eaves and Teravainen was paired together.
Wow...

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
  #62
Felix Perreault
Registered User
 
Felix Perreault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mt-Tremblant, Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
1. Yakupov
2. Grigorenko
3. Galchenyuk
4. Forsberg
5. Teravainen
6. Gusev
7. Athanasious
8. Collberg
9. Marcantuoni
10. Faksa

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:51 PM
  #63
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,708
vCash: 157
Yakupov
Grigorenko
Galchenyuk
Collberg
Teravainen
Forsberg
Hertl
Dumba
Rielly
Ceci
FRK
Faksa
Aberg
Girgensons
Gaunce
Kerdiles
Slepyshev
Gordon
Bozon


BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.