HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings DEFEAT Canucks in OT ... Win series 4-1 & will face St Louis in Rnd 2

Old
04-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

vCash: 500
12 wins away from the Cup. We now have a 1-8 chance of winning it all. I like those odds.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't know man, we are playing .800 hockey ever since I was forced to use it.
don't change it

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:36 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:50 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

...never saw this. That look Brown gives Ballard at 29 seconds after the Sedin hit is priceless. "yeah, that was me, get used to it."
THAT gave me goosebumps!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:39 AM
21Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Me too. I can appreciate the proximity rivalry from when they were the only kind of quasi-meaningful games the Kings would really play, but now that the Kings play more relevant games, there are bigger fish (Sharks) to fry... I don't know when I'll be getting over the Clowe bench play, even though karma has already been served in that instance.
Me, three.

Can't stand any team from NoCal.

#### the Giants, 49ers and Warriors, too.

21Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:07 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

CBC gets in to the music video business...

http://www.cbc.ca/video/watch/Sports/ID=2225707227

And Hrudey thinks Richards was injured on a David Booth hit in Game 2 (9:50 in to this clip): http://www.cbc.ca/video/watch/Sports/ID=2225672855

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-24-2012 at 11:26 AM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:43 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
You sure about those Richards & Carter contracts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Ya kingsfan, what about Carter's contract?
Yeah, fairly sure. Carter's contract ends when he's 37, while Richards contract ends when he's 35. Carter might be getting passed his prime by then, but he's not going to be in his 40's like Hossa and Kovalchuk, which was more my point. Both Richards and Carter should be at least somewhat productive by the time their contracts run out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
I am still getting a laugh out of this fan.. (cause I did the same thing last year, lol.)

http://www.bergerbytes.ca/2012/04/ok...over-to-you-2/
If "this fan" is Berger, you're mistaken, he's not a fan. He works for Sirius XM. If he was a fan, I think it'd be more for the Leafs, since he's a blogger of all things Leafs... until the playoffs when he has to find something else to do since Toronto shuts down for the golfing season by that point

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Coach's Corner segment with Don Cherry praising the work of Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter. I love how he butcher's Visnovsky's name when he brings up how Lombardi acquired Greene and Stoll for him.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2226156244

Nabovsky? That was awesome.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:10 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Jesus... I just now noticed Fraser on the tying goal. Have a look at the effort he gave to stay onside. Wow.

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...VAN604&lang=en

Old
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Jesus... I just now noticed Fraser on the tying goal. Have a look at the effort he gave to stay onside. Wow.

Yeah I noticed that at the time too. Frankly I don't get why the NHL doesn't get refs to call interference calls on those plays. Fraser never had the puck, nor was it ever heading in his direction, and we know Sedin was just trying to push him off-side. It's done in every game, but it just seems to get ignored by referees when it can have a big impact on the game (imagine if Sedin had pushed Fraser off-side there).

Old
04-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yeah I noticed that at the time too. Frankly I don't get why the NHL doesn't get refs to call interference calls on those plays. Fraser never had the puck, nor was it ever heading in his direction, and we know Sedin was just trying to push him off-side. It's done in every game, but it just seems to get ignored by referees when it can have a big impact on the game (imagine if Sedin had pushed Fraser off-side there).
They can wave off offsides if they feel he was pushed, can they not? always been fuzzy on that rule.

Canucks eulogy, heh: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Fraser has been very solid for the Kings, outside of the penalty in Game 3 he has been the perfect 4th liner.

The Kings fleeced the Oilers in that trade, as you know who is already *****ing about his next contract (big shock). Fraser is exactly what the Kings needed, happy to have him on board.

Quote:
They can wave off offsides if they feel he was pushed, can they not? always been fuzzy on that rule.

This made my day. The comment about Kesler returning the favor by impersonating Bieksa on the ice was classic. I hate Kesler with a passion. I respect most of the European born players on the Canucks and Schneider has a great future, but boy was it extra special to beat guys like Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Luongo, Hamhuis and Bieksa.

Last edited by Herby: 04-24-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Fraser has been very solid for the Kings, outside of the penalty in Game 3 he has been the perfect 4th liner.

The Kings fleeced the Oilers in that trade, as you know who is already *****ing about his next contract (big shock). Fraser is exactly what the Kings needed, happy to have him on board.
Seriously. We've gotten much, much more out of Fraser than we would have ever gotten from Smyth this year. Notice the obnoxious Oiler fans that were mocking us over the trade (regardless of the situation) shut up around December, which is about the time Smyth hibernates every year...

That guy is such a malcontent. I don't get it.

Anyway, thrilled at what Fraser has brought to this team. Perfect 4th liner, imo.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Taking out the Nashville series last year where Kesler went alpha male. He has 5 goals in 40 something playoffs games.

Its amazing how much hype he got for a 40 goal season, when 20 of those came from standing infront of the net and having the Sedins feed him the puck on the pp, and only something like 10 of his 40 came against playoff teams

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:

Page 17 post 409

I'm being ignored ...nah I don't give a .. but I am glad that others noticed as well.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Seriously. We've gotten much, much more out of Fraser than we would have ever gotten from Smyth this year. Notice the obnoxious Oiler fans that were mocking us over the trade (regardless of the situation) shut up around December, which is about the time Smyth hibernates every year...

That guy is such a malcontent. I don't get it.

Anyway, thrilled at what Fraser has brought to this team. Perfect 4th liner, imo.
Even most Oiler fans are starting to see exactly what kind of person he is. There is a very long thread on their board right now and most people just seem fed up with his garbage. Talk about a drama queen. He supposedly wants $4 million a year next season, LOL!

As for Fraser/Richie/Nolan, yeah, just so refreshing to see a 4th line playing at that level. What impressed me most was how they got off to such a tough start in game 5 and then bounced back so well later in the game, they won me over for sure. As did the King-Stoll-Lewis line who were all over the ice making an impact, especially on the forecheck, and obviously scored the biggest Kings goal in over a decade.

After having to watch scrubs like Westgarth, Ivanans, Clune, Halpern, Zeiler and Harrold play 4th line in the past. It's nice to have a unit like Nolan-Richie-Fraser out there playing so well.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:12 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Someone needs to get Herby a much larger picture of Stoll for his avatar.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I'm not sure if they can or not. Either way, it should be a penalty call. It's interfering with a player without the puck.

Quote:
Your avatar made me laugh. Love it Herby!

Old
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

MN,

I said it from the start about Smyth. It's one thing with Ryan, always has been, $$$$. I think it's pretty obvious what happened, probably in the exit interviews last year Smyth was told by either Murray or Lombardi that his role was going to be diminished as the team was looking to upgrade the top lines. Smyth knowing it was a contract year and a situation like that would be taking money out of his pocket, demanded a trade back to Edmonton who conveniently projected to be one of the worst teams in the league and where he would be more likely to hold a spot on the top lines. Because clearly keeping a top 6 role despite it being on a bottom feeder was more important than playing a 4th line/PP role for a contending team. He was also able to say it was for "family reasons" to protect his reputation. With Smyth supposedly turning down an extension with the Oilers for 5 million over two years and now talking about testing the market it was clearly never about family, it was all about Smyth drawing every last penny out of whatever team is unlucky enough to sign this clown in the offseason. And the fact that he uses his children and family to cover up his greed is disgusting and shameful.

The Fraser trade was just a wonderful move. We got the better player, added a guy who has turned out to be a true Pros Pro. A wonderful addition to our fourth line who actually ventures into the defensive zone and is willing to sacrifice his body to make a play. And best of all it filled up a ton of cap space to add other pieces to this team. Hopefully Fraser is retained this offseason, and if by some chance he isn't, hopefully he wont call a press conference and cry like a baby over 500k.

Last edited by Herby: 04-24-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old
04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Old
04-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:

Legendary!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

When is the schedule announced?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
MN,

I said it from the start about Smyth. It's one thing with Ryan, always has been, $$$$. I think it's pretty obvious what happened, probably in the exit interviews last year Smyth was told by either Murray or Lombardi that his role was going to be diminished as the team was looking to upgrade the top lines. Smyth knowing it was a contract year and a situation like that would be taking money out of his pocket, demanded a trade back to Edmonton who conveniently projected to be one of the worst teams in the league and where he would be more likely to hold a spot on the top lines. Because clearly keeping a top 6 role despite it being on a bottom feeder was more important than playing a 4th line/PP role for a contending team. He was also able to say it was for "family reasons" to protect his reputation. With Smyth supposedly turning down an extension with the Oilers for 5 million over two years and now talking about testing the market it was clearly never about family, it was all about Smyth drawing every last penny out of whatever team is unlucky enough to sign this clown in the offseason. And the fact that he uses his children and family to cover up his greed is disgusting and shameful.

The Fraser trade was just a wonderful move. We got the better player, added a guy who has turned out to be a true Pros Pro. A wonderful addition to our fourth line who actually ventures into the defensive zone and is willing to sacrifice his body to make a play. And best of all it filled up a ton of cap space to add other pieces to this team. Hopefully Fraser is retained this offseason, and if by some chance he isn't, hopefully he wont call a press conference and cry like a baby over 500k.
I agree with every single thing posted here. I don't know if Fraser will be retained or not, after this, somebody may give him a John Zeiler but more money type contract. Hopefully not though, I want him back and he deserves to be a fixture on this team for a few years.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:27 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
MN,

Herby, you were right.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Herby, you were right.
I can sense the sarcasm 2k miles away.

I still don't understand how Doughty, Cammy and Kovalchuk were greedy in your eyes, but Smyth was a Pro's Pro.

Oh well, I am just happy I'll be in St. Louis this weekend and talking about the Kings 2nd round with all of you guys, something that we wouldn't be discussing if #94 weren't such a ******* and quitter.

Thanks Ryan!