HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi - van

Old
04-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

vCash: 500
That is brutal for the islanders.

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
This is a terrible trade for the islanders We have Poulin and Nilsson as very good prospects as goaltenders and yet vancouver fans keep trying to trade us schneider. I wouldnt give our first for that let alone add Nino.

of course a Canuck fan likes it your ripping us off. besides you need Schneider with Luongo being so erratic

please stop trying to trade us a goalie we happen to think poulin can be just as good as schneider, and 2 of our Goalies were goalie of the month in the Ahl, you obviously have no clue about our prospects

Horrible horrible offer

and to the guy who wanted us to add Hamonic, you dont have a defender as good as him. maybe hamhuis is close but edler is too erratic to be a number 1
hahahha hamonic being a number 1, and being better than edler.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
boredmale

I don't think Schneider is that much an improvement on Nabakhov that this deal is worth doing for the Islanders. As other pointed out the Islanders have 2 goalies in Bridgeport that could be there starter in 2-3 years(3 if you count Koskinen who sort of became the odd man out and went back to Finland) so they are best off keeping any young players(Nino and the 4th pick) and hope they pan out to give us players up front, all while hoping one of the 3 guys sort of stands out above the other 2 for goalie.

Even if the Islanders were a goalie away from being a contender, I think 4th overall is a bit high for a goalie(especially one that potentially could be a UFA next summer if he accepts his offersheet)

Not that I see the Canucks doing this but if they really wanted the 4th overall I could see the Islanders having interest in Kesler who does fill the need of a 2nd line 2 way center(the Islander would have to add a little say like Bailey or some secondary prospects like Brock Nelson, Casey Cizikas, etc)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:35 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbiasHockeyFan1 View Post
Add Hamonic and value its almost fair

To Van
T.Hamonic
Nino
1st

To NYI
Schneider
1st

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:38 AM
IslesNorway

For the umpteenth time: The Islanders do NOT need a goalie!

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbiasHockeyFan1 View Post
Add Hamonic and value its almost fair

To Van
T.Hamonic
Nino
1st

To NYI
Schneider
1st
Milbury would do this trade maybe even add. But sound judgement says overpayment at this time. But I like the offer.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:38 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
Hamonic's probably more of a #3 right now, but I expect him to elevate his game to a 1 or 2 next season. I also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up passing Edler in the next couple of seasons. I like Edler a lot but I think Hamonic is just scratching the surface of his potential. Add to that he is more than 4 years younger than Edler and IMO the gap right now isn't as big as you probably think it is.

Hamonic is going nowhere.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaz77 View Post
Are my fellow Canuck fans on crack? I would take this deal, put it in a briefcase, attach a set of handcuffs and get some thugs to take it away.

This would be an epic steal of a deal. Nino and one of Forsberg/Galenychuk for Schneider? Hell yeah!

Oh, and we need forwards. We lack skill after the first line.
I'm neutral and I think you're right. And even if your team needs a dman, either or both of these assets can get you a good one.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Hamonic's probably more of a #3 right now, but I expect him to elevate his game to a 1 or 2 next season. I also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up passing Edler in the next couple of seasons. I like Edler a lot but I think Hamonic is just scratching the surface of his potential. Add to that he is more than 4 years younger than Edler and IMO the gap right now isn't as big as you probably think it is.

Hamonic is going nowhere.
Well Hamonic was our number one this season. Everything else I agree on. This kid is tough as nails, is a winner, does and says all the right things, and doesn't take **** from anyone. He just has that great pedigree. I could be wrong but I think Edler is more a complimentary defenseman while Hamonic can POTENTIALLY be a staple for our blueline who can control the game. If you watch Hammer, you can tell how raw is he still but the potential is there. On the ice and in the locker room he looks like a kid still. I can't wait to see this kid when he's 25 or so. He'll be a huge ****ing train and he'll be Shea Weber scary.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullyoursocksup View Post
you obviously didnt watch the LA Kings-Vancouver playoff series. Edler was probably the worst defender you had on ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
I don't think a core change is needed. Edler had a very bad playoffs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
our 2 biggest regular dmen, Edler and Salo are not physical presence players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
We need a number 1 defenseman badly. A guy who can play 30 minutes, shut guys down and move the puck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carseat View Post
They don't have a true #1 guy to lean on. They have 3 #2-3 guys who show flashes of greatness but ultimately end games with coughing up the puck on a rush in overtime. Unfortunately, true #1 D-men are very hard to come by. Not every team has the benefit of getting one.
if you think edler is all that good all i can say to you is in your own words:"hahahha"

Hamonic is well on his way to being a legit First pairing physical presence, something wiser canuck fans admit edler isnt so yes I and many others would rather have Hamonic.

Edlers giveaways were responsible for losing at least one game and maybe 2 in that series

so again in your own Words :"hahahha "

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote