HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
  #551
mooskating
flex
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I'd rather see him like this

[IMG]
idk this sorta makes him looks like a badass.

see messeir:

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
  #552
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post


There's a big difference between a fighter and a dirty player/goon.

...Or for that matter, Ryan Callahan.

What's next? Richards and Gaborik are dirty players too?
He launches himself whenever he hits someone...it is getting old, and undetected. That is how I see him. A player that bugs me but, again, would like him on my team, but I pretty much have had enough of him.

Richards I like a lot and Gaborik is, well, invisible. Like Michalek basically so they cancel each other out.

coladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:22 PM
  #553
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
He launches himself whenever he hits someone...it is getting old, and undetected. That is how I see him. A player that bugs me but, again, would like him on my team, but I pretty much have had enough of him.

Richards I like a lot and Gaborik is, well, invisible. Like Michalek basically so they cancel each other out.
Please find me one example of Callahan's so-called borderline play. Where there is clear intent to injure.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
  #554
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,862
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
He launches himself whenever he hits someone...it is getting old, and undetected. That is how I see him. A player that bugs me but, again, would like him on my team, but I pretty much have had enough of him.

Richards I like a lot and Gaborik is, well, invisible. Like Michalek basically so they cancel each other out.
Callahan? Really? Of all the players you can go after, you pick Callahan?

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
  #555
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Please find me one example of Callahan's so-called borderline play. Where there is clear intent to injure.
Don't hold your breath Mr. Hat. You're going to be waiting a long time.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:43 PM
  #556
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Don't hold your breath Mr. Hat. You're going to be waiting a long time.
Oh, I know. Dude is probably failing at searching for anything related to that on YouTube. I would think Cally would have a lot of charging penalties this year, not a few like anyone can receive.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
  #557
CH2
Registered User
 
CH2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
This series has really brought out the worst in both HF fanbases.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
  #558
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
I thought Cally was one of the biggest divers. So said an expert out of Pittsburgh who watched hockey since last month.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
  #559
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 1413
I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?

coladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
  #560
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?
Don't speak for everyone here, OK? because a lot of people here got sick of Avery's antics, and frankly, actually understand that he is not coming back to play hockey. I think he's doing something with fashion shows on TV now...

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
  #561
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?
I just think if what you were saying about Callahan were true more people (on HF) would be complaining about him.

And for the record..any Ranger fan who wants what is best for the Rangers does notwant Avery back.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
  #562
LyNX27
Registered User
 
LyNX27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
http://imgur.com/a/vJExU#0

Pictures of Neil's kick.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:00 PM
  #563
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
http://imgur.com/a/vJExU#0

Pictures of Neil's kick.
Fixed:


Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
  #564
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500

__________________
Jaime Lannister has better hands than Brian Boyle.
Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
  #565
LyNX27
Registered User
 
LyNX27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Fixed:

Theres more in the link.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
  #566
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Theres more in the link.
I realized that after. But then I didn't feel like embedding each of them, lol.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
  #567
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I just think if what you were saying about Callahan were true more people (on HF) would be complaining about him.

And for the record..any Ranger fan who wants what is best for the Rangers does notwant Avery back.
Look, I enjoy talking hockey with HF people, notably Original Six teams in the States. Toronto and Montreal are terrible hockey fans. Very homercentric. Ottawa fans all came from somewhere else, as half my life we didn't have a team so we generally like the game and players in general.

I have never watched the Rangers so closely, 6 games in 10 games or whatever and if I can have a mild hate for Callahan, MDZ and not much else, really, imagine how the players feel. Which is why I understand the hate for Neil and others. You watch them closely they'll drive you nuts.

I did take someone's advice and the clips that I have watched, notably a Callahan tribute video demonstrates what he does that annoys me. Not necessarily Mad Dog antics but when he hits he drives up with his body. When he hits his point of impact differs from the finish. Now I am not saying I see him clip someone in the head but he drives upwards, launches, when he hits. If it is his size, or his speed that makes it happen I am not sure. Just watching him live three times now, it bugs me that's all.

So no, he didn't kill babies or decapitate puppies! I would take him and Prust on my team any day. Prust-Callahan-Neil may be the most vicious line in hockey. Especially playoff mode.

coladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  #568
Tawnos
Moderator
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I did take someone's advice and the clips that I have watched, notably a Callahan tribute video demonstrates what he does that annoys me. Not necessarily Mad Dog antics but when he hits he drives up with his body. When he hits his point of impact differs from the finish. Now I am not saying I see him clip someone in the head but he drives upwards, launches, when he hits. If it is his size, or his speed that makes it happen I am not sure. Just watching him live three times now, it bugs me that's all.
He brings his arms with him on many of hits hits. When your using your arms on a hit, you drive them into a players midsection and then explode upwards. Every player in the NHL does this. Carl Hagelin did the same thing on the Alfie hit, but he mistimed the upwards explosion and it happened too early, resulting in a headshot. Watch your own players for when they bring their arms to bear on body checks. Better yet, watch Marc Staal, Dan Girardi or Ryan McDonagh when they're standing someone up at the blueline. It's a pretty standard thing.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
  #569
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,581
vCash: 500
So you just admitted you dislike Callahan for body-checking like an NHL player should.

I see.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
  #570
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Fixed:

Well done sir . " Sweep the leg Michalek ," I mean Johnny lol

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:49 AM
  #571
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?
Typical outsider fans who bash Avery based on what they hear in the Media. Nobodey had a problem with Avery on the team besides Torts who didnt like him before he got here. He didnt allow Avery to straddle the line and be who is so things did not work out.

Its funny because when you look at the violence in the league Avery is nowehere near what guys like Cooke with his cheap knee hits, Torres head shots and other guys in the league hits including Neil who claims because a guy has his head down its a right to KIll him. Besides the occassional punch before a fight Avery did not do cheapshots they way people want to make it seem. He was a good player who liked to get under guys skin with his mouth. When i hear people dont like Avery thats fine but dont make it seem like its obvious that hes a demon if all you are judging it is on what you see in a highlight. Did you watch him every game.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
  #572
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I just think if what you were saying about Callahan were true more people (on HF) would be complaining about him.

And for the record..any Ranger fan who wants what is best for the Rangers does notwant Avery back.
Not in this circumstance but thats not to say he cant add to a team if hes motivated. He can be real difference maker for a cheap price.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:39 AM
  #573
Ih8theislanders
Registered User
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
So you just admitted you dislike Callahan for body-checking like an NHL player should.

I see.
Makes sense, he's used to watching Neil hit.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:11 AM
  #574
TKG
Registered Excuser
 
TKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Or you could stick to your own board or the Playoffs board, since your presence here is just a nuisance.

Anyway, I just hope the ensuing series aren't plagued by ****** reffing the way this series was. It's ****ing old.

That was the most polite way to put it. I can't do that as a Garden boxer....

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:21 AM
  #575
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Not in this circumstance but thats not to say he cant add to a team if hes motivated. He can be real difference maker for a cheap price.
Very true. I can't imagine that no one wants him. Wasn't Edmonton rumored to have interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Look, I enjoy talking hockey with HF people, notably Original Six teams in the States. Toronto and Montreal are terrible hockey fans. Very homercentric. Ottawa fans all came from somewhere else, as half my life we didn't have a team so we generally like the game and players in general.

I have never watched the Rangers so closely, 6 games in 10 games or whatever and if I can have a mild hate for Callahan, MDZ and not much else, really, imagine how the players feel. Which is why I understand the hate for Neil and others. You watch them closely they'll drive you nuts.

I did take someone's advice and the clips that I have watched, notably a Callahan tribute video demonstrates what he does that annoys me. Not necessarily Mad Dog antics but when he hits he drives up with his body. When he hits his point of impact differs from the finish. Now I am not saying I see him clip someone in the head but he drives upwards, launches, when he hits. If it is his size, or his speed that makes it happen I am not sure. Just watching him live three times now, it bugs me that's all.

So no, he didn't kill babies or decapitate puppies! I would take him and Prust on my team any day. Prust-Callahan-Neil may be the most vicious line in hockey. Especially playoff mode.
A fair response. Here is to a good clean game seven!

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.