HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators ECQF Game 6

Old
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
mooskating
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I'd rather see him like this

[IMG]
idk this sorta makes him looks like a badass.

see messeir:

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

There's a big difference between a fighter and a dirty player/goon.

...Or for that matter, Ryan Callahan.

What's next? Richards and Gaborik are dirty players too?
He launches himself whenever he hits someone...it is getting old, and undetected. That is how I see him. A player that bugs me but, again, would like him on my team, but I pretty much have had enough of him.

Richards I like a lot and Gaborik is, well, invisible. Like Michalek basically so they cancel each other out.

coladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
He launches himself whenever he hits someone...it is getting old, and undetected. That is how I see him. A player that bugs me but, again, would like him on my team, but I pretty much have had enough of him.

Richards I like a lot and Gaborik is, well, invisible. Like Michalek basically so they cancel each other out.
Please find me one example of Callahan's so-called borderline play. Where there is clear intent to injure.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:

Callahan? Really? Of all the players you can go after, you pick Callahan?

04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
blue425

Quote:
Please find me one example of Callahan's so-called borderline play. Where there is clear intent to injure.
Don't hold your breath Mr. Hat. You're going to be waiting a long time.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Don't hold your breath Mr. Hat. You're going to be waiting a long time.
Oh, I know. Dude is probably failing at searching for anything related to that on YouTube. I would think Cally would have a lot of charging penalties this year, not a few like anyone can receive.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
CH2

This series has really brought out the worst in both HF fanbases.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

I thought Cally was one of the biggest divers. So said an expert out of Pittsburgh who watched hockey since last month.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
coladin

I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?

Old
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I am not going to convince you of my opinion, but I see what I see from my end, my seats. He hits hard, but he launches himself, on a lot of occasions. I didn't know I had to keep track but I will let you know next game. He is not big but plays big. I would like him on my team but I don't like watching him fly around. Near the boards.

I don't take it personally that you all hate Neil, he is effective...you shouldn't like him. If I don't like Callahan it is because he is effective against my favourite team. I respect him though as a hard nosed player who leads his team.

A sensitive lot here, but what do you expect from people who wail and gnash their teeth over Neil yet wish for the return of Avery?
Don't speak for everyone here, OK? because a lot of people here got sick of Avery's antics, and frankly, actually understand that he is not coming back to play hockey. I think he's doing something with fashion shows on TV now...

Old
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
blue425

Quote:

I just think if what you were saying about Callahan were true more people (on HF) would be complaining about him.

And for the record..any Ranger fan who wants what is best for the Rangers does notwant Avery back.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
LyNX27

http://imgur.com/a/vJExU#0

Pictures of Neil's kick.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
http://imgur.com/a/vJExU#0

Pictures of Neil's kick.
Fixed:

Old
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Fixed:

Theres more in the link.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Theres more in the link.
I realized that after. But then I didn't feel like embedding each of them, lol.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
coladin

Quote:
I just think if what you were saying about Callahan were true more people (on HF) would be complaining about him.

And for the record..any Ranger fan who wants what is best for the Rangers does notwant Avery back.
Look, I enjoy talking hockey with HF people, notably Original Six teams in the States. Toronto and Montreal are terrible hockey fans. Very homercentric. Ottawa fans all came from somewhere else, as half my life we didn't have a team so we generally like the game and players in general.

I have never watched the Rangers so closely, 6 games in 10 games or whatever and if I can have a mild hate for Callahan, MDZ and not much else, really, imagine how the players feel. Which is why I understand the hate for Neil and others. You watch them closely they'll drive you nuts.

I did take someone's advice and the clips that I have watched, notably a Callahan tribute video demonstrates what he does that annoys me. Not necessarily Mad Dog antics but when he hits he drives up with his body. When he hits his point of impact differs from the finish. Now I am not saying I see him clip someone in the head but he drives upwards, launches, when he hits. If it is his size, or his speed that makes it happen I am not sure. Just watching him live three times now, it bugs me that's all.

So no, he didn't kill babies or decapitate puppies! I would take him and Prust on my team any day. Prust-Callahan-Neil may be the most vicious line in hockey. Especially playoff mode.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Tawnos

Quote:
I did take someone's advice and the clips that I have watched, notably a Callahan tribute video demonstrates what he does that annoys me. Not necessarily Mad Dog antics but when he hits he drives up with his body. When he hits his point of impact differs from the finish. Now I am not saying I see him clip someone in the head but he drives upwards, launches, when he hits. If it is his size, or his speed that makes it happen I am not sure. Just watching him live three times now, it bugs me that's all.
He brings his arms with him on many of hits hits. When your using your arms on a hit, you drive them into a players midsection and then explode upwards. Every player in the NHL does this. Carl Hagelin did the same thing on the Alfie hit, but he mistimed the upwards explosion and it happened too early, resulting in a headshot. Watch your own players for when they bring their arms to bear on body checks. Better yet, watch Marc Staal, Dan Girardi or Ryan McDonagh when they're standing someone up at the blueline. It's a pretty standard thing.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

So you just admitted you dislike Callahan for body-checking like an NHL player should.

I see.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Fixed:

Well done sir . " Sweep the leg Michalek ," I mean Johnny lol

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:49 AM
satrabyk

Quote:

Typical outsider fans who bash Avery based on what they hear in the Media. Nobodey had a problem with Avery on the team besides Torts who didnt like him before he got here. He didnt allow Avery to straddle the line and be who is so things did not work out.

Its funny because when you look at the violence in the league Avery is nowehere near what guys like Cooke with his cheap knee hits, Torres head shots and other guys in the league hits including Neil who claims because a guy has his head down its a right to KIll him. Besides the occassional punch before a fight Avery did not do cheapshots they way people want to make it seem. He was a good player who liked to get under guys skin with his mouth. When i hear people dont like Avery thats fine but dont make it seem like its obvious that hes a demon if all you are judging it is on what you see in a highlight. Did you watch him every game.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
satrabyk

Quote:

Not in this circumstance but thats not to say he cant add to a team if hes motivated. He can be real difference maker for a cheap price.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
So you just admitted you dislike Callahan for body-checking like an NHL player should.

I see.
Makes sense, he's used to watching Neil hit.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:11 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Or you could stick to your own board or the Playoffs board, since your presence here is just a nuisance.

Anyway, I just hope the ensuing series aren't plagued by ****** reffing the way this series was. It's ****ing old.

That was the most polite way to put it. I can't do that as a Garden boxer....

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:21 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Not in this circumstance but thats not to say he cant add to a team if hes motivated. He can be real difference maker for a cheap price.
Very true. I can't imagine that no one wants him. Wasn't Edmonton rumored to have interest?

Quote:
Look, I enjoy talking hockey with HF people, notably Original Six teams in the States. Toronto and Montreal are terrible hockey fans. Very homercentric. Ottawa fans all came from somewhere else, as half my life we didn't have a team so we generally like the game and players in general.

I have never watched the Rangers so closely, 6 games in 10 games or whatever and if I can have a mild hate for Callahan, MDZ and not much else, really, imagine how the players feel. Which is why I understand the hate for Neil and others. You watch them closely they'll drive you nuts.

So no, he didn't kill babies or decapitate puppies! I would take him and Prust on my team any day. Prust-Callahan-Neil may be the most vicious line in hockey. Especially playoff mode.
A fair response. Here is to a good clean game seven!