HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Futbol II

Old
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
Nope, I'm here. I post in the Soccer forums every week.

The team's just awful.

Did get my tickets for the Liverpool Spurs matchup this summer though. Gonna be cool. Going to Liverpool itself in early July and then getting to see them here.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Just awesome from Arsenal today. Could of, should of, and probably deserved to win by a better margin. Now they just need to finish off the season strong, still some tough fixtures left.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Millhaus

No slip up by the Gunners today, which can't be said for ManUre...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Come on Chelsea haters....not a single comment about the masterful win over Barca?!?!

What a win. Still not betting against Barca the next leg.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Come on Chelsea haters....not a single comment about the masterful win over Barca?!?!

One can only imagine what Barca fans were shouting at their TV set when the ball once again was being blocked by bodies in front, hitting the crossbar or being stopped by Čech. Can't wait for next Tuesday & Wednesday.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:48 PM
EHCler

Should be 2 great matches next week. First so El Classico in Spain tomorrow.
3 games like that in 6 days, even for Barca that a lot to ask for.

EHCler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:23 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Hell yeah....lots of good football coming up.

Old
04-21-2012, 03:54 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:

I don't hate Chelsea but I was busy this week and missed the match. I checked the score when I broke free on my phone and was pretty excited. I root for Chelsea over Barca at this point (and over Tottenham to get the 4th spot).

Legendary win for the team at Stamford Bridge and when Arsenal pulled off that feat last year it was an instant classic among fans and still one that gets brought up when possible (aka now). Something Chelsea can hold with them even if they don't hold on to the advantage through the next leg.

Arsenal/Cheslea and Real/Barca today should be interesting to see the lineups for 3 of those 4 teams as they all need big results in the next few days and certainly can't really afford to lose the weekend game in their league play.

Arsenal dropping to Wigan on Monday was a huge disappointment, a loss today puts them in real trouble.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
I don't hate Chelsea but I was busy this week and missed the match. I checked the score when I broke free on my phone and was pretty excited. I root for Chelsea over Barca at this point (and over Tottenham to get the 4th spot).
I'd much rather the Magpies grab the 4th spot than either Spuds or Chelski.

EDIT - Ha Spuds lost to QPR also...

Quote:
Legendary win for the team at Stamford Bridge and when Arsenal pulled off that feat last year it was an instant classic among fans and still one that gets brought up when possible (aka now). Something Chelsea can hold with them even if they don't hold on to the advantage through the next leg.
Winning the 1st leg at home vs a club like Barca is very nice but it doesn't mean much if you don't win the tie itself. No way would I call either of those wins against Barca legendary.

Quote:
Arsenal/Cheslea and Real/Barca today should be interesting to see the lineups for 3 of those 4 teams as they all need big results in the next few days and certainly can't really afford to lose the weekend game in their league play.
Chelski needed to win today. A draw isn't a great result for the Gunners but it isn't terrible either. Injuries are starting to become a real concern for Wenger again though. Hopefully Wilshere can make it back and make some kind of contribution.

Madrid are in the better situation by a decent amount in both competitions. They need to just not lose today and that away goal vs Bayern is a huge plus in that tie.

Quote:
Arsenal dropping to Wigan on Monday was a huge disappointment, a loss today puts them in real trouble.
Yeah that was simply an awful result. To go from having won 7 in a row to only taking 4 points from their next 4 does not give me a ton of confidence that they are going to collect many points in their last 3. But even if their competition takes maximum points from their games in hand they will still be tied on points with Spuds and Newcastle and likely ahead on goal difference so at least they won't be behind.

Last edited by Millhaus: 04-21-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

I was talking about Chelsea and Tottenham, ofcourse I would like to see Newcastle in there but I think that goes without saying. I left it out cause its pretty much assumed that everyone roots for anyone other then the top teams when they can, was basically showing where Chelsea lies in my top team 'dislike' rankings (I dislike both Manchesters Liverpool and Tottenham more if we wanna include the teams that aren't in the hunt or already got a spot).

And beating Barcelona in anything that isn't a friendly is basically going to rank on every teams match of the year. Arsenal fans list the Barcelona victory as like the best match of 2011 and bring it up a lot since it happened. It's a proving point. Now if Chelsea go on the road and lose like 5-0 then yeah people will forget they managed to win the home leg.

Valid point on the draws.

With a win vs Wigan I'd have felt like there was no way the Gunners didn't finish 3rd. Someone has to step up in these last 3 games, no more Ramsey till next season - kid has no confidence.

Old
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Millhaus

Yeah didn't see Chelski winning this tie but bully for them. I don't know who is going to play central defense for them in the final but a well earned spot none the less.

Old
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

http://101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gar...a-v-barcelona/

So I keep hearing conflicting things on if the following scenario occurs:

1. Manchester
2. Manchester
3. Arsenal/Newcastle
4. Arsenal/Newcastle (Tottenham?)
5. Chelsea

or I guess 6. Chelsea as well with someone else above them...

Usually top 4 go to UCL next season but if Chelsea win the final they would be guaranteed a spot (in the group stage right?). Would that impact the other top 4 or not? I read that it wouldnt and always operated under that assumption but never really gave it enough consideration to really look at it (as it is so unlikely a team can finish out of UCL spot in league play but still win the league).

Also Torres scoring:

The reaction is so funny. The last 18 months may be forgotten if he does it again in the final, thats for sure.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

1. Holy **** CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!

Fernando Torres, suddenly all is forgiven, all is forgotten. I nearly had a heart attack watching...

Old
04-24-2012, 08:57 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:

So I keep hearing conflicting things on if the following scenario occurs:

1. Manchester
2. Manchester
3. Arsenal/Newcastle
4. Arsenal/Newcastle (Tottenham?)
5. Chelsea

or I guess 6. Chelsea as well with someone else above them...

Usually top 4 go to UCL next season but if Chelsea win the final they would be guaranteed a spot (in the group stage right?). Would that impact the other top 4 or not? I read that it wouldnt and always operated under that assumption but never really gave it enough consideration to really look at it (as it is so unlikely a team can finish out of UCL spot in league play but still win the league).

Also Torres scoring:

The reaction is so funny. The last 18 months may be forgotten if he does it again in the final, thats for sure.
I heard them mention on Sirius that the winner gets the automatic spot at the cost of the 4th place team. Something about no International league having more than 4 representatives. Not sure if accurate. I haven't checked. That would suck if you're fighting for 4th. I think Chelsea realized a few weeks ago that this was their only chance to play Champions League next year. I just can't believe they beat Barca and tied down Terry. This is historical stuff. But they gotta win it all or it means nothing.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Quote:
[url]

Also Torres scoring:

Torres looked like Ovechkin out there trying to play the ball through 3 defenders down the left side instead of getting it out like everyone else was. I thought for sure he'd get burned for a goal and end up being an even bigger goat than he already was.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:36 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Quote:
I heard them mention on Sirius that the winner gets the automatic spot at the cost of the 4th place team. Something about no International league having more than 4 representatives. Not sure if accurate. I haven't checked. That would suck if you're fighting for 4th. I think Chelsea realized a few weeks ago that this was their only chance to play Champions League next year. I just can't believe they beat Barca and tied down Terry. This is historical stuff. But they gotta win it all or it means nothing.
Chelsea are fine in the race for 4th, Newcastle still have City and Chelsea on their schedule.

Yeah I read some of the same today about 4th place going to Europa automatically and all 4 EPL teams would get automatic bids to group stage (instead of 4th place having to play in qualifying round). Apparently its a rule they had changed in "recent" times but I'm not sure how recent and what it changed from.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:56 AM
EHCler

Quote:
  1. Holy **** CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!

Fernando Torres, suddenly all is forgiven, all is forgotten. I nearly had a heart attack watching...
Well the Torres goal was nice but it was in injury time not that this goal decided the game. It is like an empty net goal in hockey with a minute to play.

I guess whoever wins tonight will be favorite for the final with all the suspensions Chelsea has. Both central defenders can not be replaced, without loss of quality.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCler View Post
Well the Torres goal was nice but it was in injury time not that this goal decided the game. It is like an empty net goal in hockey with a minute to play.

I guess whoever wins tonight will be favorite for the final with all the suspensions Chelsea has. Both central defenders can not be replaced, without loss of quality.
It didn't decide the game, but down a man that long....it closed the door.

Gonna be tough next round given the large number of suspensions. Wish the amnesty rule was in effect like the World Cup. At least they're talking about changing that rule, but it won't help this time around.

Either way...Chelsea already shocked the world....TWICE!

Old
04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Millhaus

Madrid/Bayern going to extra time. I didn't see this happening. I thought Madrid would make fairly short work of the Bavarians...

Old
04-25-2012, 05:02 PM
EHCler

Yes we made it to the final. So caps do the same.

Old
04-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Results of the 2nd leg are just as shocking as the results of the 1st one were.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Another great performance Bayern!

Old
04-26-2012, 03:38 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Gotta think Bayern's firepower is too much for whatever defensive group Chelsea puts out there, but its just 1 game and 1 ref call can change everything. Early red or PK or something...anyways....I got Bayern taking this one.

Should be must watch tv though. Will the title finally make its home in London?

Old
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Millhaus

Plus Bayern are playing the final at home so that is a bit of an advantage.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

I think the home field advantage plus missing Terry will probably cost us, but Bayern hasn't been that great in the regular season this year. They're beatable without a doubt. They're missing three players too at least.

I sure as hell like Chelsea's chances against them a lot more than I did Barca or would have against Real Madrid.

3-2 Chelsea...