HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Crowd Chants at the Garden - Discuss them here

Old
04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Problematique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Why don't we not pander to other fans and stick to "Let's go Rangers"?
Because the atmosphere at MSG in the playoffs thus far has been ****ing horrible? When Ottawa was down, their crowd kept them in it willing them to OT each time.

When the Rangers go missing, so too does the crowd. Fire them up when they're down, do the Alfie sucks chant. No disrespect to Alfie, but I think that's the one that will gain the most traction.

LGR!

Problematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post

You ******** suck
You ******** suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
Countdown and chant "cally...cally..." lol. Because our captain is better.
I don't want to steal their chant unless it's to mock them. 54321 You suck You suck You suck! that is golden.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
No. Like I said before. They count down to 11 "Alfie". We have our own legendary 11. Mark Messier, the man that bought this franchise around and brought us this Stanley Cup. Could you imagine? I'd even make copies for all the sections even though I won't be there haha

"5...4...3...2...1...MESSIER, MESSIER, MESSIER!"
I just said I didn't want to steal their chant (54321 Cally Cally) but if it's Messier, that's funny. also #11 and definitely way better and that he isn't on the ice, it keeps it a joke. It should only be a one game thing though. I don't want us co-opting other people's chants like when the Flyers stole "you can't beat us" and then Pittsburgh beat them. lame. Maybe we can do a different one in each period.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:35 PM
corduroyg

im in favor of the "a$$hole, as$$hole, a$$hole" chant every time neil has the puck

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie dude View Post
idk, messier's retired. kind of lame to be honest, id rather do something relevant to the people on the ice to keep them hyped.

Gaborik and Richards both tweeted asking for us to 'take them home' and be very loud, we should do our team justice not pay homage (just my opinion)

I'm thinking a countdown for sure, and a chant.. Then just our usual lets go rangers.
yeah, but you know, the countdown thing is also kinda lame so it's a perfect fit!

also, please please please don't boo the Canadian Anthem. we are a classier team than that. I think everyone should sing the American Anthem super loud though. That would be a proper response.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what would be funny is have big oversized cut out faces of Brian Boyle and have them up in the Ottawa penalty box like those weird green zentai guys in Vancouver.

Old
04-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
why not at the 3 minute mark we start chanting" Henrik! Henrik! Henrik!"

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
That's the old franchise.

Sens are celebrating their 20th anniversary, correct?
The franchise was reinstated, hence the Stanley Cup banners and the retired no.8 jersey of Frank Finnigan. Yes, it has been since 1927, though.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
The franchise was reinstated, hence the Stanley Cup banners and the retired no.8 jersey of Frank Finnigan. Yes, it has been since 1927, though.
But records for both teams are kept separately, right?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:07 PM
nyrmetros

Yes, Rangers supporters should sing the national anthem with John Amirante as loud as they can. Makes for a surreal atmosphere.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
What would Brian Boyle do
If he was here right now,
He'd make a plan
And he'd follow through,
That's what Brian Boyle'd do.

When Brian Boyle was in the olympics,
Skating for the gold,
He did two sow cows and a triple lutz,
While wearing a blind fold.

When Brian Boyle was in the alps,
Fighting grizzly bears,
He used his magical fire breath,
And saved the maidens fair.

So what would Brian Boyle do
If he were here today,
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two,
That's what Brian Boyle'd do.

And what would Brian Boyle do,
He'd call all the fans in town,
And tell them to unite for true
That's what Brian Boyle would do.

When Brian Boyle travelled through time
To the year 3010,
He fought the evil robot kings
and saved the human race again

And when Brian Boyle built the pyramids,
He beat up Kubela Kong.

Cos Brian Boyle doesn't take **** from an-e-y-body
Ha. Would be epic if 18, 000 people sang this in unison! One can only dream

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Yes, Rangers supporters should sing the national anthem with John Amirante as loud as they can. Makes for a surreal atmosphere.
Technically, yes. This would be the Ottawa Senator's first cup.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Eagles

That is the original Ottawa Senators franchise. The one that had won all the cups.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 07:58 PM
coladin

Quote:
But records for both teams are kept separately, right?
The teams are intertwined by honoring old players with jerseys retired etc...

It says Ottawa Senators on the Cup 11 times. 4 are considered NHL Cups while the older ones are considered "Challenge" trophies but I believe they are counted in the same manner that Montreal does in their 24 cups.

If we win a Stanley Cup it won't be the first for the city, it would be the 12th for the city but first since they came back in 92. We are the namesakes of the original team. First for the new franchise though.

You can't take away the pictures and moments from the parades of yore from the people in Ottawa as there are still a few who were at the last Stanley Cup parade!

Old
04-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
The teams are intertwined by honoring old players with jerseys retired etc...

It says Ottawa Senators on the Cup 11 times. 4 are considered NHL Cups while the older ones are considered "Challenge" trophies but I believe they are counted in the same manner that Montreal does in their 24 cups.

If we win a Stanley Cup it won't be the first for the city, it would be the 12th for the city but first since they came back in 92. We are the namesakes of the original team. First for the new franchise though.
Now, obviously this isn't a Winnipeg Jets situation, but the original Jets, which still exist, hold different records than the former Atlanta franchise. So while the city now has a team, this current "reincarnation" of the Sens has 0 Cups, no matter how you cut it. I mean, would it really make a difference if the old Senators were called the "Generals" instead? Wouldn't matter.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:12 PM
thewaitingisover

"tooth less, tooth less, tooth less" whenever Neil's on the ice.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
coladin

Quote:
Now, obviously this isn't a Winnipeg Jets situation, but the original Jets, which still exist, hold different records than the former Atlanta franchise. So while the city now has a team, this current "reincarnation" of the Sens has 0 Cups, no matter how you cut it. I mean, would it really make a difference if the old Senators were called the "Generals" instead? Wouldn't matter.
Yes. This current edition has no cups. However, the city has 11 Cups. Montreal has 24 cups. Players who won cups back at the turn if the century, Jack Adams, Clint Benedict, etc...are recognized and are in the HHOF.

Like I said, we have had Stanley Cup parades in Ottawa. If we win a cup it will be the first of the modern day franchise and 12th for the Ottawa, the city.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Yes. This current edition has no cups. However, the city has 11 Cups. Montreal has 24 cups. Players who won cups back at the turn if the century, Jack Adams, Clint Benedict, etc...are recognized and are in the HHOF.

Like I said, we have had Stanley Cup parades in Ottawa. If we win a cup it will be the first of the modern day franchise and 12th for the Ottawa, the city.
Well that's kind of obvious. It's just that this current Sens franchise has no affiliation at all with the original franchise, except for where they are located.

Old
04-24-2012, 08:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
why not at the 3 minute mark we start chanting" Henrik! Henrik! Henrik!"
IMO, we should not do crappy versions of other people's chants. we can be more creative than that! remember how lame Flyer fans appeared to us (at least to me) when they started chanting "you can't beat us" (OUR chant, yes (maybe we stole it from somewhere first)) to Pittsburgh when they were up 3-0? Lame. I don't want to be lame. that's why IMO.

I'm all for spontaneous "Henri. . Henri. ." chants. The garden always rocks after one of his big saves. We can do that more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
yes yes yes. please, everyone do so. use the twitters to get the word out.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:16 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Some of these got me rolling on the floor.....unreal suggestions.

I hope we get some in as a crowd.

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post

You ******** suck
You ******** suck
lol, think that's my favorite.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
We just need a new chant in general.

Last edited by Bird Law: 04-24-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:34 PM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I don't want to steal their chant unless it's to mock them. 54321 You suck You suck You suck! that is golden.
This. If you going to steal it, use it to mock them thus firing the Rangers and pissing off the Senators.

vstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:57 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

The city of Montreal has had more cups than that.

You're grasping at straws.

The Ottawa Senators that you watch and route for have nothing to do with the original Ottawa Senators. They moved and were disbanded.

The current franchise you watch is more the equivalent of the Atlanta Thrashers, Minnesota Wild, Winnipeg Jets, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, and every other city that had, lost, and regained an NHL franchise.

Had the Amerks won a cup, do the Rangers gobble up credit because it was in the same arena? Or the Islanders for being in the same metropolitan area?

Ottawa Senators circa 92-2012 zero Stanley Cups. To claim otherwise is an insult to everyone's intelligence and a ridiculous display of unwarranted arrogance.

Honor the original disbanded franchise. Do not dare claim those 11 cups as your own.

Dodgers and Giants won numerous World Series. You don't see the Mets claiming property of them.

Ottawa Senators. NO Stanley Cups. Not in any era. They didn't exist until 1992. This is NOT a reformed/reinstated Ottawa Senators from the late 1800s-early 1900s. This is a completely independent franchise that happens to have stolen the name. Same with the new Jets. The real Jets reside in Glendale Arizona under the name Coyotes.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The city of Montreal has had more cups than that.

You're grasping at straws.

The Ottawa Senators that you watch and route for have nothing to do with the original Ottawa Senators. They moved and were disbanded.

The current franchise you watch is more the equivalent of the Atlanta Thrashers, Minnesota Wild, Winnipeg Jets, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, and every other city that had, lost, and regained an NHL franchise.

Had the Amerks won a cup, do the Rangers gobble up credit because it was in the same arena? Or the Islanders for being in the same metropolitan area?

Ottawa Senators circa 92-2012 zero Stanley Cups. To claim otherwise is an insult to everyone's intelligence and a ridiculous display of unwarranted arrogance.

Honor the original disbanded franchise. Do not dare claim those 11 cups as your own.

Dodgers and Giants won numerous World Series. You don't see the Mets claiming property of them.

Ottawa Senators. NO Stanley Cups. Not in any era. They didn't exist until 1992. This is NOT a reformed/reinstated Ottawa Senators from the late 1800s-early 1900s. This is a completely independent franchise that happens to have stolen the name. Same with the new Jets. The real Jets reside in Glendale Arizona under the name Coyotes.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote