HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So where does Luongo end up? (Keep All Luongo Proposals Here!)

Old
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Han Solo
Laugh it up, fuzball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
From tampa.

Det 1st
Beukeboom.
I can tell you're not a tampa fan.. Beukeboom was traded with a 3rd for Brewer.

Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I can tell you're not a tampa fan.. Beukeboom was traded with a 3rd for Brewer.
well, that was a derp moment. Sorry about that.

It's that kind of proposal that could get Lou though.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Straelofe
Om nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
Shenn
2nd round pick (35th overall)
Lombardi/Armstrong (both 1 year left cap fillers)
Not bad from a VAN perspective.

Straelofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Schenn
I'd reluctantly say yes to this if it was the best offer

So the bidding begins. You want Luongo on your team? Top this offer

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Shenn
Solid offer, but I'm gonna press my luck and ask for a little more.

We both know Toronto NEEDS to make the playoffs next year. Luongo is a lock for 30+ wins, that's a guaranteed 60 points minimum. With the remaining 52 games, i'm hoping you can squeeze 35 points to get to 95, which should get you into the playoffs. If you can't with Luongo in net, then you have bigger problems than your goaltending.

If Toronto is willing to flip 1st rounders next year. Repeat, NEXT YEAR. I would be onboard as a Canuck's fan.

Updated Proposal

To Toronto

(G) Roberto Luongo
Vancouver 2013 1st round pick

To Vancouver

(D) Luke Schenn
Toronto 2012 2nd round pick
(F) Colby Armstrong
Toronto 2013 1st round pick

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post

We both know Toronto NEEDS to make the playoffs next year. Luongo is a lock for 30+ wins, that's a guaranteed 60 points minimum. With the remaining 52 games, i'm hoping you can squeeze 35 points to get to 95, which should get you into the playoffs. If you can't with Luongo in net, then you have bigger problems than your goaltending.

If Toronto is willing to flip 1st rounders next year. Repeat, NEXT YEAR. I would be onboard as a Canuck's fan.

Updated Proposal

To Toronto

(G) Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver

(D) Luke Schenn
(F) Colby Armstrong

I have no interest in involving 1st rounders.. even if its flipping... Van's will be 25th at the lowest and Toronto's is a wild card.

I think the previous offer was enough and I would stick to it and given the other offers posted I think it's enough.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
I have no interest in involving 1st rounders.. even if its flipping... Van's will be 25th at the lowest and Toronto's is a wild card.

I think the previous offer was enough and I would stick to it and given the other offers posted I think it's enough.
Wow, a leaf fan giving Canucks credit to finish with 2nd most points in the league next year with an unproven Cory Schneider and a non-proven Eddie Lack?

Fair enough, you do realize if Toronto makes the playoffs with Luongo that pick of yours is also 16-25 meaning at most it's a 9 spot swing. It's not often an elite goaltender gets put on the market. Last time an elite goaltender was put on the market was.. well when Luongo was traded from Florida. at least according to TSN

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Shenn
I don't like it. Schenn doesn't fit this team. Uptempo. He's to slow and he doesn't bring anything offensively...also a cap hit over 3 for the teams number 5/6 isn't good especially that we have Ballard in the bottom pair making 4.2 I'd rather get a single better player from another team. The 35th pick doesn't do much other than 4-6 years down the road. Armstrong and Lombardi would have negative value to this team and we would just eat them in the minors. So no.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:01 PM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Yeah I think the playoff money made by Tampa or Toronto (not that TOR needs the $$$ but still) would more than offset their worries about his salary.

The cap hit is manageable and isn't a 35+ contract. It's really not as bad as a contract as people make it out to be.

On HF Boards, contracts are bad, cap space is gold, and draft picks are always more valuable than actual players.

In the NHL, GM's realize that teams need players, cap space is only as useful as the players you use it on, and draft picks are only as good as your scouts.

Btw, love your sig. Never dawned on me while reading the books, but blew my mind when I read the fan forums.

CanaFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM
MisterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post

Updated Proposal

To Toronto

(G) Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver

(D) Luke Schenn
(F) Colby Armstrong
Toronto does not need to make the playoffs next year as the franchise will still make money hand over fist and sell out the ACC every game.

As reported by many sources (Nick Kypreos and Damian Cox on Prime Time Sports, Elliotte Friedman on the Fan960), it appears that Luongo has agreed to waive it to go to Florida and Tampa Bay. They speculate that to move the contract, Vancouver will package Luongo and their 2012 1st for the first or those teams to offer a 2nd. The contract is horrible and every GM knows it. So sorry Canuckle fans, it will cost you to dump Bobby Lou and just hope you don't have to eat a poor contract as part of the return so you can have cap space to chase Suter.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:04 PM
keslerbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I wouldn't offer any more than Ohlund and a second. Ohlund is most likely retiring and isn't a 35+ contract so you don't take on salary, Ohlund retires a canuck, and you get your cap space.

Otherwise, no dice. No reason for this team to take on a 6.7 million dollar goaltender for that long.
No reason except for the fact that the Bolts have atrocious goaltending and there isn't a whole lot of other options available.

keslerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerbomb View Post
No reason except for the fact that the Bolts have atrocious goaltending and there isn't a whole lot of other options available.
Good point. Makes a lot more sense for a GM to panic and overpay for potentially career killing contract.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
Good point. Makes a lot more sense for a GM to panic and overpay for potentially career killing contract.
So the GM who picked him for the Olympic team wouldnt want him on his NHL team?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerbomb View Post
There is plenty of options out there, they may not be as good a player but we wouldn't have to give up any assets and pay a ridiculous contract. We aren't in Canada, making the playoffs isn't the end of the world to our fan base, owner or GM. We will be fine with or without Luongo. You made your bed with him and that contract now you have to lay in it. Only way out is giving it away for next to nothing.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdan85 View Post

lol If Luongo was the same goalie he was going into the Olympics the thought of trading him wouldn't even be a discussion right now.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Goalie guy

You can have conklin and Franzen and a bag of pucks.

Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:29 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
I didn't realize that you had to give up draft picks and players to pick someone for the Olympic team? So wouldn't that mean that the country of Canada should pay for the rest of his contract?

Old
04-24-2012, 10:29 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Mike Komisarek
Joe Colborne

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
Another good point. The Olympic team doesn't have a salary cap so said GM should operate his NHL team like it doesn't have one either.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Luongo (33), 10 years left, 5.33m cap hit until he is 42. His salary though becomes attractive for teams looking to reach the cap floor starting at age 38.

Rinne (29), 7 years left, 7m cap hit until he is 36. His salary is 7m a year straight across the board.

Their regular season stats are almost identical. Difference is Luongo has had what, 2 bad playoff games last cup run and lost 2 games this year because a team didn't show up in front of him and now everyone says he can't play well when it really counts.

Not sure because it hasn't been brought up recently, would you want Rinne for that price and contract? I'm guessing most would say yes, argument can be made that Luongo has the better contract...

He will NOT be traded for odds and ends, he will get legitimate players/prospects and upper round picks. The Schenn + 35th overall pick + cap dump I'm not convinced would be the highest bid, I think he will go for more.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
There is but at the right price.
Ownership might disagree. They lose millions of dollars in revenue in a year they miss the playoffs, that amount increases with each round. If acquiring Luongo ensures they're a playoff team for the next 5 years, do you think ownership will really balk at the contract? Heck, the salary isnt even half bad.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Ched Brosky

people don't understand the rules eh?

the next offer has to top:
Luke Schenn
35th overall pick
Lombardi/Armstrong

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
lol If Luongo was the same goalie he was going into the Olympics the thought of trading him wouldn't even be a discussion right now.
He is though...his back up has just turned on beast mode since then.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Luongo (33), 10 years left, 5.33m cap hit until he is 42. His salary though becomes attractive for teams looking to reach the cap floor starting at age 38.

Rinne (29), 7 years left, 7m cap hit until he is 36. His salary is 7m a year straight across the board.

Their regular season stats are almost identical. Difference is Luongo has had what, 2 bad playoff games last cup run and lost 2 games this year because a team didn't show up in front of him and now everyone says he can't play well when it really counts.

Not sure because it hasn't been brought up recently, would you want Rinne for that price and contract? I'm guessing most would say yes, argument can be made that Luongo has the better contract...

He will NOT be traded for odds and ends, he will get legitimate players/prospects and upper round picks. The Schenn + 35th overall pick + cap dump I'm not convinced would be the highest bid, I think he will go for more.
I love how Van fans try to spin everything to make it seem how great he and his contract is. His contract is 10 years and not 6, he was a Vezina finalist last year not this year, he was a starter and is now a back up, if he's a top 5 goalie why are there even threads about trading him? Face reality and he isn't what he was, you can ask for the world in proposals but in reality your not getting that much.

Old
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Toronto does not need to make the playoffs next year as the franchise will still make money hand over fist and sell out the ACC every game.
This is true, but how much does Brian Burke want to make the playoffs? He's down to his last two years as Leafs GM.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote