HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Rangers vs. Senators | Game 6 |

Old
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
A TSN commentator played the video and implied an issue not me
imo it was Spezza's poor play on the Ranger's 3rd goal that caused the problem and made Stache send a message that he wasn't happy with Spezza. Alfie was collateral damage when Stache gave Silf a shift with Turris.
You are not reaching at all Spezza19 is just pissed that his boy was playing **** house last night and he wont admit it.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Rumcajs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
And i agreee with that. He needs A new stylist.
On the contrary. I lived in Stockholm and its basically how 99 percent of the guys style their hair. Slightly long and slicked back.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
You are not reaching at all Spezza19 is just pissed that his boy was playing **** house last night and he wont admit it.
Alright, you may be partly right on this....

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:27 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I don't think Spezza is solely at fault for that 3rd goal.

Everyone on the ice was, except maybe Anderson.

I haven't seen more leisurely defence in the playoffs since Game 7, ECFs, 2003.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Of course it wasn't Spezza solely, but rather than trying to cherry pick and produce offense while standing at our blue line, he could have back checked into his position and taken care of the rookie who scored the game winner. Everyone was kind of caught looking there, but MacStache didn't single out Spezza for no particular reason. It was message sending time and hopefully Spezza got the message... (you want to be an important player on this team, you play like an important player all the time, at both ends of the ice). That is what I got from MacLean

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
BrawlFan

Team skates well and gets their head out of their ***** for that period and we are tied at 1 plain and simple. Not Spezz the whole team overall. The Rangers have not had a single period breakdown like we have, no matter how much pressure we put on they stay pretty composed and just look like a coordinated terrible team we have moments of complete domination and, like game 1 and 6, moments where we seem like we are playing with bags over our heads.

I will never give Spezz heat because he is it for this team. NO ONE else is helping him out, he has had to play with Milan cant take a pass Michalek and any other 3rd liner/1st gamer prospect we stick on his wing and has done a good job. Look at Richards and Gaborik. They havent been able to put up points and together they make 20 mill. Give Spezz a winger and watch what he does, someone to take the pressure off of him and let him get two strides without four sticks hooking/holding/slashing him. It's only gonna get worse for Game7. Star players will not have a huge impact because the whistles should be put away. It'll be role players but more importantly GOALTENDING. Goaltending will decide this series plain and simple. Andy has gotta steal us a game

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Team skates well and gets their head out of their ***** for that period and we are tied at 1 plain and simple. Not Spezz the whole team overall. The Rangers have not had a single period breakdown like we have, no matter how much pressure we put on they stay pretty composed and just look like a coordinated terrible team we have moments of complete domination and, like game 1 and 6, moments where we seem like we are playing with bags over our heads.

I will never give Spezz heat because he is it for this team. NO ONE else is helping him out, he has had to play with Milan cant take a pass Michalek and any other 3rd liner/1st gamer prospect we stick on his wing and has done a good job. Look at Richards and Gaborik. They havent been able to put up points and together they make 20 mill. Give Spezz a winger and watch what he does, someone to take the pressure off of him and let him get two strides without four sticks hooking/holding/slashing him. It's only gonna get worse for Game7. Star players will not have a huge impact because the whistles should be put away. It'll be role players but more importantly GOALTENDING. Goaltending will decide this series plain and simple. Andy has gotta steal us a game
I think people also forget that Spezza is, by far, the most shaded player on either team this series. He can't get near a puck without at least 1 of their better defensive players on him, if not 2. Is he trying too much? Probably, but that's because he wants to compete and help the team win. It's easy to say to do the simple things, but when a lot of the guys can't do anything with the great things he does for them it gets difficult to see that.

As mentioned, it's not like Spezza is the only one having a hard time, either.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Of course it wasn't Spezza solely, but rather than trying to cherry pick and produce offense while standing at our blue line, he could have back checked into his position and taken care of the rookie who scored the game winner. Everyone was kind of caught looking there, but MacStache didn't single out Spezza for no particular reason. It was message sending time and hopefully Spezza got the message... (you want to be an important player on this team, you play like an important player all the time, at both ends of the ice). That is what I got from MacLean
That's what I like about Maclean but I'm not sure Spezza will ever get it mostly because he produces points in the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I think people also forget that Spezza is, by far, the most shaded player on either team this series. He can't get near a puck without at least 1 of their better defensive players on him, if not 2. Is he trying too much? Probably, but that's because he wants to compete and help the team win. It's easy to say to do the simple things, but when a lot of the guys can't do anything with the great things he does for them it gets difficult to see that.

As mentioned, it's not like Spezza is the only one having a hard time, either.
It's the same for both teams & their stars, Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Gonchar & Karlsson are all targets. Ottawa gives just as much attention to Richards & Gaborik when they are on the ice, they have to. It reminds me of all the flack Yashin used to get because Martin didn't think he was working hard enough to fight through checks.

I'm not saying Spezza isn't working hard enough I think he is but I also think his game is easier to stop in the playoffs since he is mostly looking to make a big pass & usually sets up either on the half wall or behind the net. He needs to shoot tonight with every opportunity that he gets but whether he will or not is always doubtful. Like most playoff games it will take someone else to rise to the occassion & be the hero, likely a 3rd or 4th liner or 3rd pairing defenceman.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
So much delicious irony on the main board. Same people who were calling for Neil to be suspended for hitting Boyle are arguing the Del Zotto hit on Neil was perfectly legal. Love it.

Its not the New York fans that are getting to me, its they're out to lunch media. Every fan base (including our own) have plenty of idiots but the media for New York are glorified cheerleaders. The ignorance coming from these people is astounding. It makes me want hockey to stay the 4th or 5th or whatever sport in the states because they simply can't grasp this game. Stick to baseball and NASCAR. They won't have to use coherent thought and actually be objective once in awhile.
As a fan who loves hockey over all other sports, I think you have something here. I am a Rangers fan and am disgusted at some of the stuff being said. So disgusted that I came over here to see what the tone here is.
You have to understand that hockey is the 4th most popular sport in NY, so you have people who don't know much about the game all of a sudden covering playoff series and being asked their opinion on sports radio.

My 2 cents:
Neither Neill nor Del Z deserved suspension.
Hags deserved a game. That got bumped up due to fact Alfie was concussed. No major problem there
The officating has been brutally inconstent both ways.
The Foligno call to give us a 5-3 was horrible. Ottawa was bumping Hank alot, but if you want to throw the Rangers a make up call for something you missed earlier, you don't give them a 5-3 advantage.
I am perplexed how the 2nd goal stood up, but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, so I am not wasting much energy debtaing it.

Good luck to you guys. I think the outcome of the game will be in doubt with 5 minutes left, so it's going to be exciting,

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote