HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michalek kicks girardi, No official league discipline

Old
04-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the reason he wasnt suspended, apparently, is because he was on the bottom of the pile and may have felt in danger/panic/whatever and as such it only warranted a warning.

I know everyone here wants a suspension, and wants to believe the conspiracy, but ya know...im trying to put myself in Michaleks shoes/skates...being on the bottom of a scrum, bodies all over you, people screaming at the top of their lungs, the goal siren going on, people crosschecking you and what not...i can kinda understand that whole "GET THE HELL OFF OF ME" feeling. So, as much as nobody wants to hear this, I actually think the league made the right call.
i've gotta pretty firmly disagree.

there's absolutely no logic behind that. the response is not a justifiable action. what if he cuts girardi? what if girardi is out for game 7 with an injury? it's a completely reckless action. there is no excuse for it. i don't even think boyle would've had that right with carkner sitting on him punching him 50 times directly in the head. you don't kick somebody with your skate blade regardless of what is happening. just because you have something that can be used as a weapon it does not justify using it as one.

he made no attempt to get girardi off of him. it wasn't a quick reaction. he had time to think it over. his ONLY response was to kick(after being under the pile for a good 5+ seconds) and that is the problem. there were a lot better ways he could've attempted to get out, and instead he took a great risk of injuring another player. it's a dirty, classless, ******* move and there's no place for it in this or any other league. they're in scrums all the time. NOBODY kicks their skate blade at another player.

i saw somebody doing it off a faceoff or two, too. such a classless series.

EDIT**
OH and it wasn't like he was pushing off of girardi to get himself out of the crease, he was kicking to inflict injury and get girardi off of him. that's even more unacceptable. that's not protecting yourself, that's just flat out dirty.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i've gotta pretty firmly disagree.

there's absolutely no logic behind that. the response is not a justifiable action. what if he cuts girardi? what if girardi is out for game 7 with an injury? it's a completely reckless action. there is no excuse for it. i don't even think boyle would've had that right with carkner sitting on him punching him 50 times directly in the head. you don't kick somebody with your skate blade regardless of what is happening. just because you have something that can be used as a weapon it does not justify using it as one.

he made no attempt to get girardi off of him. it wasn't a quick reaction. he had time to think it over. his ONLY response was to kick(after being under the pile for a good 5+ seconds) and that is the problem. there were a lot better ways he could've attempted to get out, and instead he took a great risk of injuring another player. it's a dirty, classless, ******* move and there's no place for it in this or any other league. they're in scrums all the time. NOBODY kicks their skate blade at another player.

i saw somebody doing it off a faceoff or two, too. such a classless series.

EDIT**
OH and it wasn't like he was pushing off of girardi to get himself out of the crease, he was kicking to inflict injury and get girardi off of him. that's even more unacceptable. that's not protecting yourself, that's just flat out dirty.
Like I said...I think, in the moment, being on the bottom of that pile, I can understand his reaction of GTF off me. everyones free to disagree with me, but ive found myself being on the bottom of a scrum like that (not a fight or what not, just a big pileup from ppl going after the puck) and with all those bodies on top of ya, you do start to panic...With that said, i didnt kick anyone, nor did anyone kick me, so, i guess thats kinda important too

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Like I said...I think, in the moment, being on the bottom of that pile, I can understand his reaction of GTF off me. everyones free to disagree with me, but ive found myself being on the bottom of a scrum like that (not a fight or what not, just a big pileup from ppl going after the puck) and with all those bodies on top of ya, you do start to panic...With that said, i didnt kick anyone, nor did anyone kick me, so, i guess thats kinda important too
exactly... kicking is not cool. no kicking allowed!

Old
04-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
exactly... kicking is not cool. no kicking allowed!
Kicking is only allowed if you play for the Senators and use your skate to score a goal.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:00 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
the reason he wasnt suspended, apparently, is because he was on the bottom of the pile and may have felt in danger/panic/whatever and as such it only warranted a warning.

I know everyone here wants a suspension, and wants to believe the conspiracy, but ya know...im trying to put myself in Michaleks shoes/skates...being on the bottom of a scrum, bodies all over you, people screaming at the top of their lungs, the goal siren going on, people crosschecking you and what not...i can kinda understand that whole "GET THE HELL OFF OF ME" feeling. So, as much as nobody wants to hear this, I actually think the league made the right call.
I agree with a lot of the stuff you post on here but I'm not buying this one. He panicked? It's the NHL playoffs. You're in the crease with a loose puck. Expect people to be near you, hitting you and possibly on top of you.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I agree with a lot of the stuff you post on here but I'm not buying this one. He panicked? It's the NHL playoffs. You're in the crease with a loose puck. Expect people to be near you, hitting you and possibly on top of you.
Doesn't matter if you or any of us buy it. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was the defense he used, and as we have seen in the past shanny is pretty ****ing gullibale. He probably doesn't even get out of bed on April fools day.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Onion Boy

Hagelin forearm to the head = 3 games
Carker punches unwilling combatant in the face 4-5 times = 1 game
Michalek kicks player in leg with skate = 0 games

Something doesn't add up here. Not to mention the Neil/Del Zotto head shots which cancel each other out I suppose (though I thought Neil's was more vicious).

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
It is unbelievable to see that video and there not be a suspension.
Agreed. Seeing all those angles back-to-back, you have to hand out some kind of punishment.

Quote:
Like I said...I think, in the moment, being on the bottom of that pile, I can understand his reaction of GTF off me.
Just like you're responsible for swinging your stuck around in all circumstances, I'd say you need to be responsible for the blades on your feet as well. Understand that Michalek could be in panic mode, but you can't give him a pass for it.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:46 AM
bubba5

Shanny no injury on the play. Lol

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
ZacUSNYR

Really glad they issued a warning. Now he knows and knowing is half the battle.

ZacUSNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
RUSF18

If Michalek went into "panic mode" from having a body on top of him, and he's not being submerged in a body of water at the time, he's going to have a short NHL career.

RUSF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Kicking is only allowed if you play for the Senators and use your skate to score a goal.
If Neil (DIRTBAG) didin't score on the kickin they wanted to suspend Hank for stopping Dirtbag's skate blade with his glove hand...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Jackson Ranger

I can only assume if Neil goes after DZ and he "panics" and cross checks Neil in the mouth there will be no suspension or fine because a) he panicked; b) no injury because Neil doesn't have any teeth.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/ohl...plinary-action
Quote:
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Toronto, ON - The Ontario Hockey League today announced the result of a reivew of an incident which took place in Game 1 of the Rogers OHL Eastern Conference Championship Series between the Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club and the visiting Ottawa 67's Hockey Club.
The incident reviewed was a kicking action by player Marc Zanetti of the Ottawa 67's Hockey Club.
Based on a review by the League, it is position of the League that player Marc Zanetti shall be suspended for the balance of the 2011-2012 OHL Playoff Schedule of Games.
It is the League's position that if the Ottawa 67's Hockey Club should qualify to participate in the 2012 Mastercard Memorial Cup, the League would consider an application by the Ottawa 67's on behalf of player Marc Zanetti to allow for his participation in the MasterCard Memorial Cup.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Pizza

Typical Canada.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
94now

The fact that NHL issued a warning means that illegal kicking was confirmed and Michalek from this point on has a "history". Players play in playoffs for free, so no hit to his bottom line if suspended. I don't want Michalek out for game 7 just to weaken the Sens. I want him to experience the loss on the bench, not in press-box. Therefore, I am okay with decision, although my preference would be a fine.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
The fact that NHL issued a warning means that illegal kicking was confirmed and Michalek from this point on has a "history". Players play in playoffs for free, so no hit to his bottom line if suspended. I don't want Michalek out for game 7 just to weaken the Sens. I want him to experience the loss on the bench, not in press-box. Therefore, I am okay with decision, although my preference would be a fine.
Let him play, he hasn't done anything anyway...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Let him play, he hasn't done anything anyway...
Oh, well... Should he cut Girardi badly, I am sure he would. Dan was the reason for Michalek being invisible so far.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

like i said, that's just my opinion as someone who's had something similar happen to them...with that said, its a dangerous play, and i could understand suspending him for a few games as well. It's over, we gotta deal with it. of course if he scores the game winner, im sure this topic will be bumped a million times over the summer lol.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
94now

Quote:
like i said, that's just my opinion as someone who's had something similar happen to them...with that said, its a dangerous play, and i could understand suspending him for a few games as well. It's over, we gotta deal with it. of course if he scores the game winner, im sure this topic will be bumped a million times over the summer lol.
We will win tomorrow in regulation. Bettman will show some integrity and will direct refs not to screw us up. Just see face-off stat by the end of tomorrow. Big swing to 50% is predicted by me.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Just like you're responsible for swinging your stuck around in all circumstances, I'd say you need to be responsible for the blades on your feet as well. Understand that Michalek could be in panic mode, but you can't give him a pass for it.
why don't we compare it to swinging your arm up into somebody's face? same exact thing, minus injury, and obviously with more intent. should've been at least a game. hagelin defends himself from a stick flying at his face with his arms and gets 3 games.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Rooverick*

The number of keystrokes wasted on whining during this series is mindboggling.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
The number of keystrokes wasted on whining during this series is mindboggling.
The number of keystrokes whining about the whining of this series is mindboggling.

ZacUSNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:25 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I may be alone here, but I didn't think it was that bad to deserve a suspension.

It's not like he stomped him with his skate balde.

I thought it was a harmless act that surprised Girardi more than anything else which cause his physical reaction to the action.

I did not expect a suspension or a fine. In my opinion, there was really nothing to it.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Quote:
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Toronto, ON - The Ontario Hockey League today announced the result of a reivew of an incident which took place in Game 1 of the Rogers OHL Eastern Conference Championship Series between the Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club and the visiting Ottawa 67's Hockey Club.
The incident reviewed was a kicking action by player Marc Zanetti of the Ottawa 67's Hockey Club.
Based on a review by the League, it is position of the League that player Marc Zanetti shall be suspended for the balance of the 2011-2012 OHL Playoff Schedule of Games.
It is the League's position that if the Ottawa 67's Hockey Club should qualify to participate in the 2012 Mastercard Memorial Cup, the League would consider an application by the Ottawa 67's on behalf of player Marc Zanetti to allow for his participation in the MasterCard Memorial Cup.

DubiSnacks17 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
People wonder why there are conspiracy theories. you should post this over at the Ottawa Blind Loyalty Forum.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote