HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Denmark

Old
04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
talenttracer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
This past season Eller seemed to be more confident with the puck in making plays and scoring goals. He was also used at times instead of Plekanec as the habs shutdown centre.

Seeing the Danish roster with so many NHLers is very impressive. Can't wait until there's more! Until you become too good, then I can't root for your country anymore.
Denmark has more NHL players pr. aktive player than Cananda.
6 out of 4000 players inclouding juniors.

Dont worry there a good chance you can keep routing for team DK, i think we will be better, but not that good.

talenttracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Valdemar
Danish junior hockey

Within the next 2-3 years I expect we will have up to 3 more NHL players:

Frederik Andersen, Carolina Hurricanes
Nicklas Jensen, Vancouver Canucks
Oliver Lauridsen, Philadelphia Flyers

But to have many NHL players is not a goal for me. It may give prestige, but our national team will benefit more if some of the best players stay in Europe and play in the best leagues here.

Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesSir View Post
But to have many NHL players is not a goal for me. It may give prestige, but our national team will benefit more if some of the best players stay in Europe and play in the best leagues here.
Nah, we just need enough NHL players to not be hurt that much by not having all of them available.
Players from the best European league can can make us create more upsets and get more on par with a country like Switzerland. To rise above that, we need NHL talent.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Bank

Personally I would rather have the Cup come to Denmark then a semifinals spot in the WC or something, so more NHL-players would be welcome in my mind

The best thing about the Jensens(Jesper, Jesper, Kasper and Niklas) is that, as far as I know, none are related. Goes to show how common the name is.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:48 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Personally I would rather have the Cup come to Denmark then a semifinals spot in the WC or something, so more NHL-players would be welcome in my mind

The best thing about the Jensens(Jesper, Jesper, Kasper and Niklas) is that, as far as I know, none are related. Goes to show how common the name is.
THIS

It would be epic to have a danish Stanley Cup winner, and the chance to see the trophy in Denmark. That or qualification to the olympics

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Jevo

One thing I really like about this years team, apart from how many NHL'ers who have on the team, is how good the non-NHL players are. When Denmark first get into the A-group in 2003, you were a star on the team if you were a good or okay player in the Swedish leagues. If you are that now, you are simply one among many, it's no longer something special to play in Sweden, and that's great. It makes the 3rd and 4th lines able to play a lot of minutes, even against good teams, it means we don't have to rely on our to lines to do everything. That is very important, since our 4 NHL guys will probably get a lot of PP and PK time, Nielsen and Hansen are top defensive forwards in the NHL, and Eller is getting there, so in games with a lot of penalties, we need our 3rd and 4th lines to be able to play a lot minutes at ES, and they are good enough to do that.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Tobias

I agree that for a Dane to win the cup would be HUGE!!. Not bigger than a Danish semifinal by any means, though.

But, Phoenix does not stand a real change to win the cup , so they should just have been out in the first round and Bødker should be at the IHWC instead of Hansen. He and Vancouver had a chance.

But oh well

Old
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

I know he's probably not going to be on the team, but Nicklas Jensen is out with a concussion now and will likely not even complete the AHL playoffs, in which he has 2 goals in 2 games.
He has 6 goals 0 assists in 8 AHL games this year and the Canucks GM believes that he is much closer to the NHL than some may think.

Very nice to see more Danish players making their way to the NHL; and as a Canucks fan, looking forward to a 3rd line in the next couple years with Hansen and Jensen on it.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Namejs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
THIS

It would be epic to have a danish Stanley Cup winner, and the chance to see the trophy in Denmark. That or qualification to the olympics
By the way, this is the year when the OG qualification groups are decided, so this year's World Champs are really important for teams ranked 7th to 14th in the IIHF rating.

If Switzerland, Germany or Norway flops, there's a chance to sneak into the top 9, where each team gets an automatic entry.

If they don't flop, it's still important to have a good result, because the 10th and 11th-ranked teams have a distinct advantage in the seeding (having to play against Italy/Kazakhstan and the like), while the 12th/13th-ranked teams will have to play against each other (most likely candidates are Belarus/Denmark/Latvia) and against Slovenia + the strongest of the pre-qualification winners (Hungary, instead of Japan/Poland and the like).

And I must say, I wouldn't like to play in a group together with Denmark, Slovenia and Hungary.

Of course, not because we wouldn't win it, but because I'd like to see you guys in the OGs for once.

Namejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Bank

The Olympics is obviously something completly special. In my eyes that might be the main agenda for Team Denmark this WC.

Sorry to hear Niklas Jensen got a concussion. That's one tough injury. But that might guarentee the 25 the spots... Bjarke Moeller at the WC. Who would have though that a couple of years ago? But he's been good this year so not unhappy.

Btw. got my ticket for the game in Roedovre against Italy. Gonna be fun to se all the big guys gathered even though it's a warm-up match and therefor sure to a messy affair

Old
04-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
One thing I really like about this years team, apart from how many NHL'ers who have on the team, is how good the non-NHL players are. When Denmark first get into the A-group in 2003, you were a star on the team if you were a good or okay player in the Swedish leagues. If you are that now, you are simply one among many, it's no longer something special to play in Sweden, and that's great. It makes the 3rd and 4th lines able to play a lot of minutes, even against good teams, it means we don't have to rely on our to lines to do everything. That is very important, since our 4 NHL guys will probably get a lot of PP and PK time, Nielsen and Hansen are top defensive forwards in the NHL, and Eller is getting there, so in games with a lot of penalties, we need our 3rd and 4th lines to be able to play a lot minutes at ES, and they are good enough to do that.
The depth on this team is really noticeble. I can't help but wonder if the economical issues in the Danish league might have forced some of the better Danish players to leave the comfort zone and go to Sweden and give it a go. Might not just be the prospects that has befenfited from the rethinking in AL-Bank-ligaen. Might be the National Team to. From being pleased with the big, bigger, biggest-thoughts we have gone back to remembering our spot in the hockey world as a part of the food chain and focused - both players and teams - on the main objective for Danish hockey: Developing players for the National Team and foreign leagues.

Just a though... havn't thought it through.

Old
04-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Such a fan of the country!

Jeg elsker Dansk!

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:40 AM
danishdynamite

I would prefer these lines:

Nicklas Hardt - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen
Mads Christensen - Lars Eller - Morten Madsen
Julian Jakobsen - Morten Green - Kiril Starkov
Morten Poulsen - Jesper Jensen - Kim Lykkeskov
Frederik Storm

Stefan Lassen - Philip Larsen
Jesper Jensen - Daniel Nielsen
Mads Boedker - Kasper Jensen
Philip Hersby

Frederik Andersen

It would be extremely stupid to play Eller as wing on the 1. line, when we could have 2 scoring lines instead. Jesper Jensen is not really a 4-lines C, but anyway the 4.line will get limited minutes, and he is the best player available.

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:31 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 50
Where's Nicklas Jensen? He had some injury with his toe but he said it's not going to ruin his best experience in his career.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Jevo

Nicklas Jensen has a concussion. So there is 99% chance he won't go. He is under contract with the Canucks and I doubt they'll let him go with a recent concussion.

Jevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 50
That SUCKS! It would've been so nice to see him in WC. Bad luck with youngster..

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
niljano

Its fun too see Denmark starting to get stronger teams each year. Soon enough you maybe can beat Sweden in a final

niljano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
danishdynamite

First 3 lines in practice today was:

Larsen - J. Jensen; Hardt - Nielsen - Eller
Lassen - Nielsen; Madsen - Jakobsen - Hansen
Bødker - K. Jesper; Starkov - Green - Lykkeskov

PP formations:
1. line intact
2. line + Green - Lassen

Old
04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Tobias

I must say i find it strange not to use Eller as center on the 2nd line and Hansen as the wing...

Old
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I must say i find it strange not to use Eller as center on the 2nd line and Hansen as the wing...
Indeed.. The only explanation I can find is, that you could say that Hardt and Hansen bring a similar game and thus you would want them on different lines. I don't think it is a good explanation, but the only I could find.

Old
04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Tobias

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Indeed.. The only explanation I can find is, that you could say that Hardt and Hansen bring a similar game and thus you would want them on different lines. I don't think it is a good explanation, but the only I could find.
But then change Hardt with Mads Christensen if he is able to play. The reason not to do that could be that it would be too much of a shake up of the "original lines".

Old
05-02-2012, 01:35 AM
danishdynamite

Denmark beat Italy 4-2, but I think it looks very bad.

The Danish coach is probably the only one, who cannot see that his 2.line is a total disaster. Granted - they only played together 1 game, but there's no way Jannik Hansen can carry that line.
Eller as 2. C is the only thing that makes sense, but unfortunately it's not going to happen.

The coach talks so much about his "amazing 1. line" but first of all: 1 line is not getting us anywhere - we need at least to scoring lines, and the 2. line is not that at the moment. Actually the 3. line was better yesterday.

And second: 3 of the goals were on the pp, and against better opponents we would be lucky to have 1 goal with the play of yesterday. So the 1. line will get some goals, but we will loose 6-2 to Czech, Sweden and Russia barring a miracle (from Frederik Andersen).

And Eller is so misplaced on the wing... and I could go on and on..

The only good thing is that my expectations are very low at the moment, so they can only surprise. The QF are far away, I think.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:00 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Denmark beat Italy 4-2, but I think it looks very bad.

The Danish coach is probably the only one, who cannot see that his 2.line is a total disaster. Granted - they only played together 1 game, but there's no way Jannik Hansen can carry that line.
Eller as 2. C is the only thing that makes sense, but unfortunately it's not going to happen.

The coach talks so much about his "amazing 1. line" but first of all: 1 line is not getting us anywhere - we need at least to scoring lines, and the 2. line is not that at the moment. Actually the 3. line was better yesterday.

And second: 3 of the goals were on the pp, and against better opponents we would be lucky to have 1 goal with the play of yesterday. So the 1. line will get some goals, but we will loose 6-2 to Czech, Sweden and Russia barring a miracle (from Frederik Andersen).

And Eller is so misplaced on the wing... and I could go on and on..

The only good thing is that my expectations are very low at the moment, so they can only surprise. The QF are far away, I think.
I agree, WOW what and underwhelming experience that was!!! Mads Christensen would REALLY have made a difference on that 2nd line.. Hansen needs to be put on the 1st and Eller as C on the second. Eller looked like a lost player! Even in the interview he didn't sound too pleased by the wing spot.

Frederik Andersen also dissapointed me allot, he seemed very careless and lazy! Giving out peewee rebounds!

The defence looked lost. But still I have a mixed feeling.. We completely OUTSHOT them, and they NEVER EVER really had the puck. They were just really effective, and somewhat lucky on the 2nd goal. We kinda did what we wanted.

I think the boys just wanted to give the croud a good show, and prolly just got carried away. At least I hope so. I dont understand how else a team like Italy that posed very little threat, can become such a threat!

But as you, my expectations have also been lowered ... I really REALLY MOST of all just want to us to beat Norway in an important game for once

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Finnpin

I'll be rooting Denmark a lot in the tourney!

Mainly cause we need more Nordic countries having success and because of Nichlas "The Danish Dynamite" Hardt. btw how did he looked in the exhibition games?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:15 AM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I'll be rooting Denmark a lot in the tourney!

Mainly cause we need more Nordic countries having success and because of Nichlas "The Danish Dynamite" Hardt. btw how did he looked in the exhibition games?
Hardt almost always delivers on the NT. Yesterday I believe he was 1+1 in the danish 1. line, and his enthusiasm and energy is very important for the team.