HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ticket prices are shocking

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Even if I could sell my grandmother for ten times that amount of the ticket, still wouldn't go.

But nobody said anything about not selling her.

Old
04-24-2012, 07:38 PM
WingsFan95

And people question my trips to Detroit for playoff games???

The World Junior championship tickets in Buffalo 2 years back were very affordable.

These planners are either really stupid or really smart. Can't be any middle ground with this.

What are the stadium capacities? 8,000?

Old
04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
SPMaximus
Re-sign=/=Resign

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan95 View Post
And people question my trips to Detroit for playoff games???

The World Junior championship tickets in Buffalo 2 years back were very affordable.

These planners are either really stupid or really smart. Can't be any middle ground with this.

What are the stadium capacities? 8,000?
wikipedia says capacity is: 13349 for Hartwall Areena and 13850 for Ericsson Globe

Old
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Man, I'm about to pay the equivalent of 155 euros in full goalie gear...

That's pretty nuts.

I guess since it did so well in Slovakia that they think people are willing to pay ?

Old
04-24-2012, 09:31 PM
NoShowWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Couple of days ago Kalervo Kummola (President of the Finnish Ice Hockey Federation) defended ticket prices by saying that average ticket to NHL regular season game cost 450€ (=600 dollars)!! (the real avg. cost is 59 dollars)

What an imbecile this guy is. He has no clue of reality.

Afterwards he corrected his statement by saying his first account was wrong and he got the numbers from the President of Hockey Canada, Bob Nicholson.
It would be great if some canadian press would ask Bob did he really say avg. price for NHL game is 600 dollars or did Kummola misunderstood or something. Now Kummola has put the blame on Bob, but I have a feeling that Bob would have something else to say about the situation..
that's more than i paid for Canada vs Switzerland at the Olympics. For scalped tickets my friend and i got tickets for $400 each.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
TurboBrick

Upper level behind the goal tickets for the Stanley Cup Finals in Tampa back in '04 were $150, which was marked up about 10x from what regular season games cost.

So maybe in Kummola's world the SCF = average game.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
dystemper

the ticket pricing scheme is pretty much a copycat model of what is done in canada for world juniors and the rare times canada holds the world championships. it works well in canada.

very few single-game tickets in canada. they're sold in blocks of multiple games of different nations so that less "prestige" games by weaker hockey teams will get an inflated attendance. but yeah, this scheme could be quite a shock to host nations that have never used it before.

Old
04-24-2012, 10:53 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

I paid 350 euros for two semifinal tickets. Didn't think that it was too much. NHL Premiere game ticket has been á 220 euros for same seats.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Tissotti

Bought the WHC Canal TV card, going to watch Finland-Canada on the arena, but there's no way i'm going to suppprt this price scheme and watch those "random" games on the arena. Something i was really looking forward.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:30 AM
tikkanen5rings*

N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigetsi View Post
Me and my friend were planning to go watch a game or two. When we found out those ticket prices were so high, we decided to forget that trip. We live 700 km away from Helsinki, so it's going to cost way too much with travelling and hotel included. It's a shame, would have been my first trip to world champs.
Well on the bright side. Latexikledjut will be happy. He doesn't like you damn hillbillies ruining the traffic of his bustling metropol.

Old
04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigetsi View Post
Me and my friend were planning to go watch a game or two. When we found out those ticket prices were so high, we decided to forget that trip. We live 700 km away from Helsinki, so it's going to cost way too much with travelling and hotel included. It's a shame, would have been my first trip to world champs.
Lets hope they fail big time and next year we get some more reasonable pricing..

For someone who's looking to see the Team Finland's opening game sitting next to your friend friend, do not pay that minium 312€ for it because I have it for sale (2tix), under the list price ofc.. I can sell it right away for 200€ for HFboards user

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/mm-kisa...telu/218788529

Old
04-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Fulcrum

meh- Welcome to the reality in Toronto. Absurdly overpriced reg season games (since they obviously don't plan on making any $$ in the playoffs).

The only difference is you might see your team actually WIN a game if you pay through the nose at the WC..

Old
04-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Lets hope they fail big time and next year we get some more reasonable pricing..

For someone who's looking to see the Team Finland's opening game against Belarus sitting next to your friend friend, do not pay that minium 312€ for it because I have it for sale (2tix), under the list price ofc.. I can sell it right away for 200€ for HFboards user

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/mm-kisa...telu/218788529
Fixed for clarification for those who don't speak Finnish.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
For someone who's looking to see the Team Finland's opening game sitting next to your friend friend, do not pay that minium 312€ for it because I have it for sale (2tix), under the list price ofc.. I can sell it right away for 200€ for HFboards user
Out of curiosity, where'd you get these? I mean, I doubt you just bough these full price to later sell them at discount...

Old
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
WeberStreit

That sound just like the WHC in Switzerland. Because of it, I just went to see one Swiss game and a semifinal. Prices are just too high. Even for crap games, they don't lower the prices. In Switzerland I bought a ticket from a scalper for the Germany-France game for 10 bucks. The retail price was 80 or something! Nobody pays that much for a meningless group game between France and Germany.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Schalkenullvier*

I did some research, and tickets seemed to have been considerably cheaper for the 2012 WC in Germany.

The games were played in Mannheim and Cologne, and whenever there were 2 games a day in one arena, you could go to both for € 34 for round-robin games, and see both the bronze- and gold medal games for € 139. You have to keep in mind though that these were probably not seated places.

For the opening game in the football stadium, tickets were especially cheap (in order to get 70k+ spectators), cheapest were 19€ and 29€ for seats.

Old
04-25-2012, 09:04 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Out of curiosity, where'd you get these? I mean, I doubt you just bough these full price to later sell them at discount...
I got them free as a price myself. Looking for decent, but lots lower than official price for them, if I cant get it i'll be on the road 4.5 going for that game with my friend.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
Well on the bright side. Latexikledjut will be happy. He doesn't like you damn hillbillies ruining the traffic of his bustling metropol.
Only if they came here by car. If they knew how to use public transportation, I'd have no problem with them.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Jamin

So im too lazy to google european currency exchange rates. Anyone wanna tell me what these prices are in Canadian (Cdn dollar is par or a bit higher then american dollar if that helps)

Old
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
So im too lazy to google european currency exchange rates. Anyone wanna tell me what these prices are in Canadian (Cdn dollar is par or a bit higher then american dollar if that helps)
Cheapest tickets you can have for Finnish games are 203 Canadian Dollars. Good seats are around 450

Old
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Eple

It's a disgrace how much they´re charging for the tickets here in Finland. I would´ve loved to see some WHC action, but not for that price.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Poro24

This has been mentioned already but i will do it again:

Next friday morning (@ 12:15pm finnish time) we have a true hockey classic: USA - France.

Cheapest ticket for this awesome game is only 70 euros (93 dollars).

We don't deserve to host any big hockey events never ever again.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24 View Post
This has been mentioned already but i will do it again:

Next friday morning (@ 12:15pm finnish time) we have a true hockey classic: USA - France.

Cheapest ticket for this awesome game is only 70 euros (93 dollars).

We don't deserve to host any big hockey events never ever again.
I would concur if high prices were only Finland's problem.

I bought my tickets as soon as it was possible, about 10 months ago. Now I don't even remember the money but I have the tickets.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Aaaaaron

I always watched the WHC back in Canada and thought it be fun and somewhat cheap way to see Canada play over in Europe. Then when I have the chance this year I choked after looking up the ticket prices. I know the rinks are small, but wow. Glad there is a thread on this, I thought I was just a poor guy haha

Old
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Pellegrino

I was actually going to give this tournament a fair chance and try to attend all games in Sweden, but then I saw the ticket prices and **** this ****ing tournament, I refuse to pay that money for ****ing hockey tickets.

Closed Thread