HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
Any feeds?
Not unless you pay for them.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
What's the date/time for the first game he's expected back? (I'm assuming they mean he'll be back first game of the series)

Old
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
umwoz

Odd how you don't see many puck rushing defenseman, but we have 2 in this draft.

Anybody have some insight on the gap from Dumba to Rielly? In limited exposure to both I don't really see much of one.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Beakermania*

Saw this come across the twitter...

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/04/...morgan-rielly/

Old
04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
What's the date/time for the first game he's expected back? (I'm assuming they mean he'll be back first game of the series)
Game 1: Friday the 20th.

Old
04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Beakermania*

Is he for sure for game 1?

Bet he gets a lot of scouts, just like Galchenyuk did.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:55 AM
diceman934

Played tonight....the Jaw lost 6-1 Rielly got an assist on the Jaws only goal.

Not sure how he looked will be going to both home games.

Last edited by diceman934: 04-21-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old
04-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Played tonight....the Jaw lost 6-1 Rielly got an assist on the Jaws only goal.

Not sure how he looked with be going to both home games.
I'm taking this as you're going to go to the home games and are going to be able to see him. I hope to hear from you about him soon.

Old
04-21-2012, 01:29 AM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I'm taking this as you're going to go to the home games and are going to be able to see him. I hope to hear from you about him soon.
Sorry about the typo.....yes I will be going to both on his home games.

He is a talent that is for sure. Watched him play a lot for two years and he can change a game.

Old
04-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

awesome that he is returning, he's my favourite defensemen behind murray !

04-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

It will be nice to hear if hes still got it.

Old
04-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
It will be nice to hear if hes still got it.
i wouldn't expect anything immediately, would give him his sweet time.

also your name...

Old
04-25-2012, 12:17 AM
diceman934

Well, Morgan played his 3rd game back and was Moose Jaws best player, he was easily the best player on the ice tonight. He made the play of the game. An Edmonton player had a breakaway and was at center and Morgan at the offensive blue line and he caught him before he could get a shot off.

He was credited with one assist in the game. Edmonton won the game but their goalie was the difference Calgary 6 round pick Laurent Brossoit....he has been real good this year.

. As the game went on he got better and better and with about every scout in the world at the game, they would have seen just how good he looked. If people were looking to compare Reinhart, to Reilly, all doubt was removed about just how good Reilly looked. Reinhart was hardly noticeable and Reilly stood out.

If scouts came looking for answers to any questions that they had he answered them. It is hard to believe that he was as good as he was.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post

also your name...
Yes?

Quote:
Well, Morgan played his 3rd game back and was Moose Jaws best player, he was easily the best player on the ice tonight. He made the play of the game. An Edmonton player had a breakaway and was at center and Morgan at the offensive blue line and he caught him before he could get a shot off.

He was credited with one assist in the game. Edmonton won the game but their goalie was the difference Calgary 6 round pick Laurent Brossoit....he has been real good this year.

. As the game went on he got better and better and with about every scout in the world at the game, they would have seen just how good he looked. If people were looking to compare Reinhart, to Reilly, all doubt was removed about just how good Reilly looked. Reinhart was hardly noticeable and Reilly stood out.

If scouts came looking for answers to any questions that they had he answered them. It is hard to believe that he was as good as he was.
Nice write up. Thanks.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:

That was Henrik Samuelsson and he was dog tired.

Reinhart saved a goal defensively and was strong in his own end all night.

Rielly was good tonight, and he logged a ton of ice time. Seemed like he was out there every other shift. I wouldnt say he was the best player on the ice for either team however. There were quite a few good performances, including Howden, who had his best game of the series, and St. Croix who also had his best game of the series, after being invisible for two games.

Lazar and Samuelsson also had strong games with Lazar picking up his seventh goal in eleven playoff games.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:16 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:

I was at the game and I'm kind of shocked to see this kind of praise towards Rielly. And it is Rielly, not Reilly.

He was very good offensively, with a few nice rushes and nice passes to start the breakout but he wasn't terribly amazing besides that. Lost quite a few battles on the boards and turned over a couple of pucks after getting hit.

His play to stop Samuelsson on the breakaway was impressive, but you have to realize that Henrik was at the end of a 45-60 second shift and had zero left in the tank for the breakaway...not to mention he was banged up seconds earlier and run hard into the end glass.

To call him the best player on the ice is pretty short-sighted. Brossoit was that guy for me. He wasn't tested with a ton of hard stops, but he was very good when he needed to be. McIlrath, Edmundson and Point were all arguably better than Rielly was, too.

And as for Reinhart, he wasn't noticeable because that's his game. He plays aggressive, hits hard, QB's a PP and doesn't make any mistakes. He was just as good as Rielly was last night. Flashy doesn't mean better.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I like Rielly better than Murray.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
I have a strong feeling he is TB's main target, but I don't believe he falls to #10.

They will be trying to trade up to 7th or so using one of those 2nd rounders they acquired to get ahead of division rivals CAR and WPG.

They really need a dynamic offensive talent from the blueline who can run a PP, their PP was a big weakness this year. Hedman-Aulie-Gudas will take care of their zone.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I have a strong feeling he is TB's main target, but I don't believe he falls to #10.

They will be trying to trade up to 7th or so using one of those 2nd rounders they acquired to get ahead of division rivals CAR and WPG.

They really need a dynamic offensive talent from the blueline who can run a PP, their PP was a big weakness this year. Hedman-Aulie-Gudas will take care of their zone.
Yeah I picked him going 10th to Tampa Bay in my mock last week. Lots will have to go right for the Lightning to get either one of Trouba, Dumba or Rielly...who I would imagine would be their main targets.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I have to agree with what has been posted. Rielly has easily been MJ's best player since returning. Certainly their best defenseman, without question. As strong as his hockey sense and his passing game is, he's not a liability defensively. Very smart player, great positioning and decision making. He has a very strong fundamental base, and he is well prepared to play in the NHL, like Murray.

I can't see him lasting till 10th. He should be the third defenseman selected (and if it was up to me, he'd be the second).

Old
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I'm pretty certain for a fact that he would be scooped up by Tampa Bay at 10th, I would bet money on it. I said in another thread that Tampa's head scout Al Murray is from Regina and Morgan played and absolutely dominated at Notre Dame in Wilcox, SK which is less than an hour away. I know for a fact he's been on his radar for a very long time. He's been playing great in this series considering he hasn't played in six months basically, his skating is just beautiful to watch. Love his instincts and head for the game.

I think there's a better chance that Dumba falls though. I think Reinhart will go high just because scouts so highly covet size but it's hard to say which scouting staff values it more. Minnesota seems like a decent bet for Rielly because he'd pair so nicely with Brodin, but Brodin is rail thin and the just drafted Granlund who is undersized as well so they may be looking to add size now with Reinhart. I think we know almost for certain Dumba nor Reilly will go to Carolina after drafting Murphy, probably Faska as Rutherford is an OHL guy. Grigorenko could also go free falling by draft time, I'd rather be drafting in the top 9 to get a sure shot of drafting one of the premier defensemen but Tampa drafted three Russians last year so I don't think they would be too scared of taking Grigorenko. Mock drafts are usually an exercise in futility because there's always a player that throws a wrench into everything.

Last edited by puckfan13: 04-25-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
I'm pretty certain for a fact that he would be scooped up by Tampa Bay at 10th, I would bet money on it. I said in another thread that Tampa's head scout Al Murray is from Regina and Morgan played and absolutely dominated at Notre Dame in Wilcox, SK which is less than an hour away. I know for a fact he's been on his radar for a very long time. He's been playing great in this series considering he hasn't played in six months basically, his skating is just beautiful to watch. Love his instincts and head for the game.
I agree but I am worried that he won't make it to 10th.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Alberta tough

80 scouts were at the game last night. As far as Rielly goes he still seems like he is still abit behind with some of his defensive decisions, not surprisingly thou given the time he has missed. His skating sure still looks good thou.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

man i wish the Oilers had another high pick so they could get this guy!! just who we need.

Old
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Saw this come across the twitter...

http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/04/...morgan-rielly/
Man, you really need to stop pretending you just stumbled upon each and every prospect report on tlastwordonsports.com Make an official thread for it or something.

Closed Thread