HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anybody catch the 'Pack/Bing...

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Anybody catch the 'Pack/Bing...

last night?

I haven't seen the whole game, but got through about a period and a half. I'm liking Immonen more and more. He made a nice pass on a controversial no-goal (looked lke it went through the net). He took the hit before making the pass too. He scored on a rocket of a one-timer, just after another rocket of a one-timer was saved. He moved up and down the ice well. He stickhandled nicely a couple times to make a play in he offensive zone. Goes into the corners and appears to have a strong lower body that helps him win battles. He gets back on 'd'. I like this kid a lot.

Falardeau surprised a bit too. If he can add some offense, he could be a player. He keeps after the puck and never gives up on the play. With the puck, he uses his size effectively in the cycle, or when trying to make a play. He's got decent skill, but can he put together some offense, I just don't know.

Jessiman seems to play big, but I haven't seen the offensive talent from him. Perhaps he's a right-handed, wing version of Falardeau. He is playing with better offensive players than Falardeau.

On defense, Pock actually looked horrible. Actually, the team had a lot of giveaways throught the first 30-ish minutes, but gave up something like 5 shots. So the recovery was good, but Binghampton wasn't good at capitalizing. Jake Taylor skates well for a big man - he was guilty of a few bad passes. I like Baranka a lot, even though his judgement wasn't great in this game, compared to the last I saw him him, but he's young, mobile, and plays a big game.

Dawes takes a straight line for the puck - pretty fearless - I like that. He didn't have much going. Neither did Helminen, who has nice speed, but doesn't seem to get too involved and seems a bit small. No big deal. Moore doesn't play big either.

But what's really interesting is the difference between Hartford and the Rangers. The Hartford defense had Grenier, Rullier and Taylor back there. Big, rugged defensemen who can fight. If healthy, Liffiton would be there too (although he also may be ther in place of Grenier). That seems to be the opposite of what the Rangers have.

Old
03-14-2006, 08:45 AM
greasch#4

I watched some of the game. I caught myself watching Pock alot. He makes firm, sure, stick to stick passes and he can rush the puck well. He needs to stop flying into the offensive zone and passing the puck backwards. He did that a few times last night, took himself out of the play and gave up odd man rushes going the other way. Jessiman looked frisky too, he was in the middle of a few scrums. When is Montaya expected back? Is he still day to day with the flu?

Old
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
last night?

But what's really interesting is the difference between Hartford and the Rangers. The Hartford defense had Grenier, Rullier and Taylor back there. Big, rugged defensemen who can fight. If healthy, Liffiton would be there too (although he also may be ther in place of Grenier). That seems to be the opposite of what the Rangers have.
IMHO Hartford's biggest problem this year has been the transition game coming out of their own zone. Having a bunch of big rugged defensemen that aren't great skaters and can't lug the puck out is a part of that.

I've seen the B-Sens live 5 times this year and they've gotten whooped each time, so of course they beat the Pack when I want them to lose. They're not a fast team, and they usually have to win with eiither their power play or by forcing the other team to play a slow, sloppy game and scoring off of broken plays and counterattacks. Horrible PK: and they're the most penalized team in the league.

Immonen looks good. Jessiman has soft hands, uses his size and didn't looked overwhelmed by the pace of the game. Dawes can and will shoot from anywhere. Genoway was the invisible man. Girardi looks good, but muffed coverage and that 2nd goal. Falardeau is incredibly strong on the puck.

Anyone notice Dusty Jamieson on the B-Sens side? He made a couple playes, but has already been sent back down (0 goals in 10 AHL games for the Checkers' scoring stud). Goalie Guard and D-Man Petruic are the other recent Checkers in Binghamton.

Frustrating to lose after that first period, where thePack did almost everything right and got 1 goal. I had a feeling it would turn around, as you just can't dominate another team like the Pack did for the full 60 minutes. That disallowed goal, and some non-calls when the Pack was buzzing (covering the puck in fron of the net, slapping a puck in the crease into the stands) didn't help.

Old
03-14-2006, 11:20 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
last night?

I haven't seen the whole game, but got through about a period and a half. I'm liking Immonen more and more. He made a nice pass on a controversial no-goal (looked lke it went through the net). He took the hit before making the pass too. He scored on a rocket of a one-timer, just after another rocket of a one-timer was saved. He moved up and down the ice well. He stickhandled nicely a couple times to make a play in he offensive zone. Goes into the corners and appears to have a strong lower body that helps him win battles. He gets back on 'd'. I like this kid a lot.

Falardeau surprised a bit too. If he can add some offense, he could be a player. He keeps after the puck and never gives up on the play. With the puck, he uses his size effectively in the cycle, or when trying to make a play. He's got decent skill, but can he put together some offense, I just don't know.

Jessiman seems to play big, but I haven't seen the offensive talent from him. Perhaps he's a right-handed, wing version of Falardeau. He is playing with better offensive players than Falardeau.

On defense, Pock actually looked horrible. Actually, the team had a lot of giveaways throught the first 30-ish minutes, but gave up something like 5 shots. So the recovery was good, but Binghampton wasn't good at capitalizing. Jake Taylor skates well for a big man - he was guilty of a few bad passes. I like Baranka a lot, even though his judgement wasn't great in this game, compared to the last I saw him him, but he's young, mobile, and plays a big game.

Dawes takes a straight line for the puck - pretty fearless - I like that. He didn't have much going. Neither did Helminen, who has nice speed, but doesn't seem to get too involved and seems a bit small. No big deal. Moore doesn't play big either.

It didn't look like one of Jessiman's better games, the few times ive seen him this season he looked much better. I did like though when he got tripped up in the crease area that Immonen came and defended him, then Jessiman got up and went right after the player who did it to him. That tpe of edge I didn't really know Jessiman had in him...in the NCAA you can't really show it without getting benched.

And if you watch the end of the game Fletch, Pock sends a pass right into the middle and the guy easily picks it off...walks in and scores a goal.

Old
03-14-2006, 12:16 PM
eco's bones

The one time I saw Falardeau this year in November I was impressed. Great size. Has filled out well. Good skater. Took the body every chance he had and he hit hard. Grier like with less scoring.

Old
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Falardeau and Jake Taylor really impressed me when I saw them play against Lowell earlier this season. Jessimen has improved a lot this year. I don't think its an understatement to say that next year is HUGE for Hugh.

Old
03-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Fletch

I've always have liked Taylor..

from what I saw, though, it wasn't his best game.

And I mostly agree about the transition game, bmoak. I think defensively the forwards do not do a good job getting to the boards and moving the puck out either (part of transition, but it's not limited to the defensemen).

Closed Thread