HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

fast 2-way center to the islanders

Old
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
startainfection*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
NYI fans want Staal, but Snow's getting Petrov.If we turn our heads to the right and squint really hard....Nah

https://twitter.com/#!/dchesnokov/st...34014460399617
Kirill Petrov: "It's my dream to play in the NHL. My contract expires on April 30. Then I will decide what to do." (Tatsport) #Isles
he is nhl ready but being in the ahl for a season to learn some english with kabanov helping him out would help alot

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
IMO this thread is completely off base. The Isles main need is a top-4 defenseman.

I'd say their depth at center is probably their biggest strength at the moment. If anything we could use a one year stop gap, but Snow isn't going to trade anything of value(Strome, Nino, deHaan, 2012 1st, etc.) to get it.
I agree.Snow's gonna use his trade chips and budget space to upgrade the defense.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree.Snow's gonna use his trade chips and budget space to upgrade the defense.
Garrison seems like a logical choice. He fits this team's needs: Solid defensively, Booming shot from the point, can play next to Streit on the top-pairing. Add to that we might not see many teams offering $5M or more, so I wouldn't be surprised if Snow sneaks in with the top offer and snags him.

If that were to happen and we somehow draft Murray, our defense will be drastically improved next year.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote