HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Kristo isn't planning on signing with the Habs this year

Old
04-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
No. Because all he wants is become a UFA in 2013 and play for the team he likes or that will give him the fatter contract...
Uh Habs can offer more in bonuses if he wants money if I'm not mistaken. Either way he has to sign an entry level contract.

But I do find it amusing people are jumping to conclusions. Signing prospects might be easier if we had a GM too maybe.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Uh Habs can offer more in bonuses if he wants money if I'm not mistaken. Either way he has to sign an entry level contract.

But I do find it amusing people are jumping to conclusions. Signing prospects might be easier if we had a GM too maybe.
Like with Fischer, will the Habs have an extra second rounder if he doesn't sign ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Like with Fischer, will the Habs have an extra second rounder if he doesn't sign ?
No, that's only for 1st round picks and even then it's if they reject a contract offer. We don't even know if the Habs offered Kristo a contract. We don't have a GM.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

For Kristo's development, I don't think it's a good idea. Playing 30-40 games against younger guys instead of a full season in the AHL is a step backwards at his age. But that's just my opinion.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
OK. Keep your post in a safe place. We will see next Spring which way is going Kristo.
I'm hoping to Hamilton for a deep playoff run where he score 3 goals a game and leads our youngsters to a Calder Cup. If he isn't already in Montreal helping them win a different Cup.

Man can dream.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Problem is, by getting so close to UFA status, he could choose where he wants to plays and perhaps make some extra money, it will be tempting and he will most likely take the UFA route at that point.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Beendair Donedat

Why was he wearing an Oilers shirt in that interview?

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He is going for a national title at UND...

Chances like that don't come around very often.

I'm dissapointed but he's his own guy. This makes it less likely that he will wear our colours. Not done yet, but less likely.

Maybe try trading him to one of the big US clubs. Montreal might not be the most attractive place for a young Yank.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
His obvious intent is to troll us. He'll fit perfectly with us lol

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For Kristo's development, I don't think it's a good idea. Playing 30-40 games against younger guys instead of a full season in the AHL is a step backwards at his age. But that's just my opinion.
Agree on this, but you have to support him if he really wants to be part of a possible championship run next year at a school he's been at for a couple of years.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

don't get it. Why wouldn't he want to sign with the habs once he's done his degree? Anyone have any inside scoops? because as of right now, most of you are just making up ****.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Cat's out of the bag. He's going to sign with the Oilers.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:01 PM
WestIslander

I never thought he would sign in Montreal anyways and when I created a thread about it people laughed and then a Mod deleted it or moved it.

Secondly, if we look back at the 2008 entry draft we traded our 1st round draft pick (25th overall) to Calgary for Alex Tanguay when we could of drafted Tyler Ennis or John Carlson, Jared Staal, Derek Stepan, Travis Hamonic, Patrice Cormier or even local boy Marco Scandella who is a regular on Minnesota's defense now.

I say we trade his rights at the draft with Yannick Weber for a 2nd round draft pick so we have 3 x 2nd round draft picks this summer and 3 next summer.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Carey Chant

vCash: 800
Quote:
Quote:
Kristo + 3rd pick for Oilers 1st.

I think Oilers would want more or one of the top d prospects. Either way, Habs will have a better idea if he wants to become a UFA next season. I'd say if he has a decent season he will be worth a 2nd round pick for his rights unless some team is crazy for him and offers more.

Would have loved to seem him as a callup this year from the Bulldogs. Can he play in any pre season games or can he only attend rookie camp?

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

It shocks me that people can take something like this as a negative.

It's about team. He loves being a part of that squad and wants to try to win it all again while he still can. People say he can go back and finish school later, but I'm pretty sure at 37 when he retires he won't be playing for the hockey team while he finishes his degree, should he decide to do that.

This means he'll be 24 for his first professional season. Big deal, still many years for him to be an NHL'er. If he's a smart player he'll get it, the lost year of "development" isn't going to derail him.

My goodness, there's something wrong in the world when someone is condemned because he wants to complete his commitment to his school as opposed to turning pro early.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I never thought he would sign in Montreal anyways and when I created a thread about it people laughed and then a Mod deleted it or moved it.

Secondly, if we look back at the 2008 entry draft we traded our 1st round draft pick (25th overall) to Calgary for Alex Tanguay when we could of drafted Tyler Ennis or John Carlson, Jared Staal, Derek Stepan, Travis Hamonic, Patrice Cormier or even local boy Marco Scandella who is a regular on Minnesota's defense now.

I say we trade his rights at the draft with Yannick Weber for a 2nd round draft pick so we have 3 x 2nd round draft picks this summer and 3 next summer.
Jared Staal HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
kojiro

I really hope that this is a guy just prioritizing his education and not him pulling a Blake Wheller on us because the decision doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me development wise :S . I just don't see what there is left for him to accomplish at the junior level, especially with his extensive international competition experience in the Under 18, Under 20 and Junior A tourneys. As far as getting physically stronger goes this is a soon to be 22 year old man we're talking about not a teenager still groin into his body so he would really benefit from the training regiment that a professional hockey team like the Bulldogs would provide to gain more muscle mass.

All that being said I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now, while not our best prospect he's definitely someone I'm looking forward to seeing more of and it would suck to lose him for nothing...

kojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984

Quote:
More time for his toes to grow back, though

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiro View Post
I really hope that this is a guy just prioritizing his education and not him pulling a Blake Wheller on us because the decision doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me development wise :S . I just don't see what there is left for him to accomplish at the junior level, especially with his extensive international competition experience in the Under 18, Under 20 and Junior A tourneys. As far as getting physically stronger goes this is a soon to be 22 year old man we're talking about not a teenager still groin into his body so he would really benefit from the training regiment that a professional hockey team like the Bulldogs would provide to gain more muscle mass.

All that being said I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now, while not our best prospect he's definitely someone I'm looking forward to seeing more of and it would suck to lose him for nothing...
he wants to win the frozen four

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
agreed.

very disappointing for the Habs that he is more focused on his NCAA "experience" (be it for education reasons or, probably more likely, for the lifestyle + perks of being the "big man on campus") than he is on his professional hockey career.

100% his decision and he doesn't deserve any criticism from anyone for doing what is best for his personal goals/ambitions...

but it does say something about his professional focus.

If he were truly committed to becoming the best player he can become, AND had the kind of confidence required to want to step into an AHL role as a rookie (playing in a league where he's on the bottom end of physical maturity vs the top-end as he is in the NCAA), then he wouldn't think twice about making the jump.

who knows what his real reasons are for staying back, but imo this definitely knocks him down a peg in our prospect ranking.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
It shocks me that people can take something like this as a negative.

It's about team. He loves being a part of that squad and wants to try to win it all again while he still can. People say he can go back and finish school later, but I'm pretty sure at 37 when he retires he won't be playing for the hockey team while he finishes his degree, should he decide to do that.

This means he'll be 24 for his first professional season. Big deal, still many years for him to be an NHL'er. If he's a smart player he'll get it, the lost year of "development" isn't going to derail him.

My goodness, there's something wrong in the world when someone is condemned because he wants to complete his commitment to his school as opposed to turning pro early.
It's a great decision for him on a personal level, no one's debating that. But it's a bad one for the Habs.
When he's done his last season, the Habs will offer him a contract, sure, but why would he sign if he can wait 2 months (approx) and become a UFA. It'll be a no brainer for him at that point to just wait.
He might have some sense of loyalty to the Habs, but really at that point he should sign with the team that gives him the best shot at the NHL (usually a struggling team with spots open).

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
It's a great decision for him on a personal level, no one's debating that. But it's a bad one for the Habs.
When he's done his last season, the Habs will offer him a contract, sure, but why would he sign if he can wait 2 months (approx) and become a UFA. It'll be a no brainer for him at that point to just wait.
He might have some sense of loyalty to the Habs, but really at that point he should sign with the team that gives him the best shot at the NHL (usually a struggling team with spots open).
since it's still an ELC, isn't it still limited to CBA maximums?

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
He won't get any more money from other teams anyways, there's a cap on how much he can sign for. Maybe he'll do that, I doubt it though. And if he does good on him.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

IDGAF, it's not like he's the saviour of this franchise. He's just another prospect, if he wants to get his degree good for him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
since it's still an ELC, isn't it still limited to CBA maximums?
It is.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote