HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 6 | 4/24/12 | 7:30pm EST | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2012, 01:18 AM
  #576
SMantzas
Church of Corsi
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
My heart cant take a game 7. Its been real Panthers fans, and youve been great opponents, but its time to put you guys to bed! (hopefully )

SMantzas is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
  #577
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
refs? weaver's stick slashed on pk. no call. versteeg tripped in ot, no call. yeah jersey, cry about the refs!!!!!
You honestly realistically expect to get a penalty called in OT in the playoffs? That usually takes a stick to the face, puck over the glass, or near-decapitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
They are not going to disclose whats wrong with him in the playoffs. But from the way dineen was talking today, theo will play game 7.
That's weird. You wouldn't think something could be severe enough to keep him out of a huge Game 6, but not so severe that he can play fine just 48 hours later in an even bigger Game 7.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 02:46 AM
  #578
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Why not play the best, biggest, skilled and most talanted goalie, Markstrom, and win the series?

Win or lose, time for some gambling.

Markstrom outdueling Brodeur wouldn't surprise me at all.

Markstrom is great in critical matches, we know that from Sweden.

It would take some guts from the coach though.

21 is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 04:43 AM
  #579
TaylorHall
First overall
 
TaylorHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
*dips fingers in buffalo sauce*

TaylorHall is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 05:23 AM
  #580
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Why not play the best, biggest, skilled and most talanted goalie, Markstrom, and win the series?

Win or lose, time for some gambling.

Markstrom outdueling Brodeur wouldn't surprise me at all.

Markstrom is great in critical matches, we know that from Sweden.

It would take some guts from the coach though.
Markstrom hasn't played an NHL game in months. And has pretty much no NHL experience anyways. There's zero chance he gets the start in a game 7. It will be Theo or Clemm. " This is absolutely not the time for gambling. We're on home ice and it really is ours to lose.


Last edited by nhlfan9191: 04-25-2012 at 05:49 AM.
nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 05:30 AM
  #581
TheEkbombIsReal
Paaaaaanthers
 
TheEkbombIsReal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Not what I wanted to see in the morning, goddamnit.

On to Game 7, time to buckle up

TheEkbombIsReal is online now  
Old
04-25-2012, 07:22 AM
  #582
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Markstrom hasn't played an NHL game in months. And has pretty much no NHL experience anyways. There's zero chance he gets the start in a game 7. It will be Theo or Clemm. " This is absolutely not the time for gambling. We're on home ice and it really is ours to lose.
Playing Clemmer again if theo is available is the gamble .. Playing Markstrom is less of a risk. He's plain and simple the better goalie hands down.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 07:22 AM
  #583
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Why not play the best, biggest, skilled and most talanted goalie, Markstrom, and win the series?

Win or lose, time for some gambling.

Markstrom outdueling Brodeur wouldn't surprise me at all.

Markstrom is great in critical matches, we know that from Sweden.

It would take some guts from the coach though.
Agree.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 07:24 AM
  #584
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
I want Theodore and Garrison back

LUUUUUIS is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 07:25 AM
  #585
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
That's weird. You wouldn't think something could be severe enough to keep him out of a huge Game 6, but not so severe that he can play fine just 48 hours later in an even bigger Game 7.
Not weird at all. Very common for acute inflammatory processes to preclude you from moving for 24-48 hrs and then resolving.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 07:33 AM
  #586
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
I want Theodore and Garrison back
Both missed terribly.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 08:58 AM
  #587
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill
 
CatWoman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
I want Theodore and Garrison back
Agreed

---

I want to be optimistic for Thursday, but if those two guys are still out then I won't hold my breath.

But I am proud these guys rallied to tie the game, just disappointed we couldn't finish them off. Felt they didn't play as desperately as NJ and simply lost the game.

Back to the sun, and how about a great home win?

CatWoman34 is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 09:21 AM
  #588
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
refs? weaver's stick slashed on pk. no call. versteeg tripped in ot, no call. yeah jersey, cry about the refs!!!!!
I think the non calls that lead to two Panthers goals would be enough to make up for it. I know its been awhile but you really don't get OT calls unless its major.

I don't get why Panther fans are complaining about the refs when its been favored their way since getting new refs. You gotta admit its been more favored towards the Panther so don't tell me its not been. Look you may think I am trying to start something but thats is not true (This is the worst officated first round I have seen since the lockout).

Edit: I was at game 5 and I couldn't believe you guys were chanting refs suck after he gave you a 4min PP. lol


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
  #589
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I think the non calls that lead to two Panthers goals would be enough to make up for it. I know its been awhile but you really don't get OT calls unless its major.

I don't get why Panther fans are complaining about the refs when its been favored their way since getting new refs. You gotta admit its been more favored towards the Panther so don't tell me its not been.

Edit: I was at game 5 and I couldn't believe you guys were chanting refs suck after he gave you a 4min PP. lol


Shocking position from a devils fan.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
  #590
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post


Shocking position from a devils fan.
O come now(I added more above) you know its been more favored towards the Panthers ever since game 2.

I didn't say anything after game 1 because even though those refs sucked it was highly favored the Devils way.

Edit: I may be a Devils fan but nothing has pissed me off more than the refs after the lockout. In my opinion they have a lot more say in games now days than in the past. This issue is lot bigger for me as you can tell. lol


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-25-2012 at 09:45 AM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 09:48 AM
  #591
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
O come now(I added more above) you know its been more favored towards the Panthers ever since game 2.

I didn't say anything after game 1 because even though those refs sucked it was highly favored the Devils way.

Edit: I may be a Devils fan but nothing has pissed me off more than the refs after the lockout. In my opinion they have a lot more say in games now days than in the past. This issue is lot bigger for me as you can tell. lol

My opinion is there are missed calls and perceived missed calls on both sides that you will never get two sets of fans to agree on.


What we can all agree on is the better team overcomes bad calls and moves on.


adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
  #592
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post


Shocking position from a devils fan.
Ive never seen a team blame things on the refs so much in my entire life in any sport

IceManCat is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
  #593
Haj
#CatsAreComing
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Why not play the best, biggest, skilled and most talanted goalie, Markstrom, and win the series?

Win or lose, time for some gambling.

Markstrom outdueling Brodeur wouldn't surprise me at all.

Markstrom is great in critical matches, we know that from Sweden.

It would take some guts from the coach though.
No...just no. Would you call up a pitcher from AAA ball to pitch in the playoffs ?

Better to go with veteran experience. If we are taking chances it should be by trying to generate more goals.

Haj is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
  #594
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
I realize it's not over, but I felt so sure they could win last night that it has continued to make me depressed today that we didn't put it away. Of course the Panthers cannot make anything easy.

I just desperately want to prove all these haters wrong, who don't think we belong in the playoffs or this series and don't think we have any chance at all.

Every step has raised my expectations, unfortunately. At first I was just happy if we made the playoffs. Then I expected nothing less than the division title. Now I won't be satisfied if we can't win this series, after how close we've come. That's the hardest part, knowing we have and have had a legitimate chance to win this.

I really hope they can do it but I think I was trying to believe too hard last night that they would and made myself that much more upset about it. It is going to be hard watch game 7, it feels like this agony won't end.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
  #595
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
No...just no. Would you call up a pitcher from AAA ball to pitch in the playoffs ?
Better to go with veteran experience. If we are taking chances it should be by trying to generate more goals.
If hes better than what i have in the majors...absolutely....

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
  #596
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I realize it's not over, but I felt so sure they could win last night that it has continued to make me depressed today that we didn't put it away. Of course the Panthers cannot make anything easy.

I just desperately want to prove all these haters wrong, who don't think we belong in the playoffs or this series and don't think we have any chance at all.
Every step has raised my expectations, unfortunately. At first I was just happy if we made the playoffs. Then I expected nothing less than the division title. Now I won't be satisfied if we can't win this series, after how close we've come. That's the hardest part, knowing we have and have had a legitimate chance to win this.

I really hope they can do it but I think I was trying to believe too hard last night that they would and made myself that much more upset about it. It is going to be hard watch game 7, it feels like this agony won't end.
Dude, we are taking a 100 point plus team to a game 7. We were predicted to end up in 15th, and then laughed at as the easy lst round. I wont be satisfied if we lose, but seriously hold your head up high on where we are. Haters will hate, they said we would lose in 4 or 5. More importantly if we win, itll be because:

1) the refs
2) the Devils didnt play their best
3)the rats through their game off.

You have zero reason to be upset. You should be excited. We are about to host a game 7 stanley cup game. The only ones the panthers had anything to prove to was us the fans.

And they already have.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
  #597
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dude, we are taking a 100 point plus team to a game 7. I wont be satisfied if we lose, but seriously hang your head up hi on where we are. Haters will hate, they said we would lose in 4 or 5. More importantly if we win, itll be because:

1) the refs
2) the Devils didnt play their best
3)the rats through their game off.

You have zero reason to be upset. You should be excited. We are about to host a game 7 stanley cup game. The only ones the panthers had anything to porve to was us the fans.

And they already have.
Like I said, continually raised expectations. If we can't win I'll get over it of course. But I'm insatiable

Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
  #598
Haj
#CatsAreComing
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dude, we are taking a 100 point plus team to a game 7. We were predicted to end up in 15th, and then laughed at as the easy lst round. I wont be satisfied if we lose, but seriously hold your head up high on where we are. Haters will hate, they said we would lose in 4 or 5. More importantly if we win, itll be because:

1) the refs
2) the Devils didnt play their best
3)the rats through their game off.

You have zero reason to be upset. You should be excited. We are about to host a game 7 stanley cup game. The only ones the panthers had anything to prove to was us the fans.

And they already have.
I know all this in my brain.

But, just like every John Cusack movie, my heart wants more. MOAR PLAYOFFS! MOAR AWESOME MOMENTS!

I wish I could be there to support the team win or lose, and give them ovation whenever the season ends.

Haj is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
  #599
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I know all this in my brain.

But, just like every John Cusack movie, my heart wants more. MOAR PLAYOFFS! MOAR AWESOME MOMENTS!

I wish I could be there to support the team win or lose, and give them ovation whenever the season ends.
youll do your work if we face the caps!

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
  #600
Erick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Playing Clemmer again if theo is available is the gamble .. Playing Markstrom is less of a risk. He's plain and simple the better goalie hands down.
No, that makes no sense.

As for "better goalie hands down," I fail to see how you can prove that right now. What has Markstrom done in the NHL?

Erick* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.