HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staples Center Parking Ripoff!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Leo Dem

vCash: 500
Staples Center Parking Ripoff!!!

Just wanted to give a heads up for a bad experience that I had and MANY others have had. The parking lot on the NorthEast corner of Grand and 11th (caddy corner from the South Lofts) is a scam.

The Indian owner usually has 2 different prices on the signs. One usually for cheap on the 11th St entrance and one for a few bucks more on the Grand entrance. As the lot is usually never full for obvious reasons it was on an afternoon game day. .

As I enter to park from 11th he tells me I have to pay the $10 for parking rather than the $6. He knows me as I always park there. He tells me that everyone has to pay this because only "VIP" spots are available. There is nothing VIP about the lot and all spots are the same. I tell him he needs to pull the sign down and he says he won't argue with me for $4 because I am a good customer and insistes that I should pay still pay. GOOD CUSTOMER?

I didn't pay him on principal and left before I gave him the money. 3 other guys were asking for there money back and he wouldn't give it when they realized the crap he was pulling was on everyone. He got greedy because his lot was finally full and wanted to maximize it by pulling a bait and switch.

Even the bums he hired to flag cars in was pissed off at him saying he should not be doing this to his customers. People were cursing the owner and surprisingly there was a lot of them. Just a heads up. The guy and his crappy lot are a scam.

Old
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
There is a structure off Figueroa right passed the Fig hotel on the left. (Same side of the street as Staples)It's like $5 Park there. You'll thank me

Old
03-14-2006, 02:32 PM
took420s

Just park on the street.

Most of the meters are off at 6PM.

Old
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Sybil227

The entrance to parking in the TCW building in on 8th, just off Figueroa. $6 - covered & gated. It's where I like to park.
(The 1st season the Kings were in Staples this was our "official lot" we got with our tickets - $10/night. They ended their relationship with Staples - and lowered their prices.)

Old
03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
halco

I also park on the street for night games, but on day games you can't because of the starting times. I know which lot you are referring to as I also have parked there and been asked which spot I want. I stopped parking there and moved 1 block closer to Staples and paid a couple of bucks more to walk a couple of blocks less.

Old
03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by halco
I also park on the street for night games, but on day games you can't because of the starting times. I know which lot you are referring to as I also have parked there and been asked which spot I want. I stopped parking there and moved 1 block closer to Staples and paid a couple of bucks more to walk a couple of blocks less.
Last season you could valet your car at the Holiday Inn for $15, but then validate it at the bar!!! Naw the charge like $25 with only a small validation

Still a nice place for a pre/post drink

Closed Thread