HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Vezina finalists are announced on Wednesday (Henrik, Quick and Rinne)

Old
04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

'cept it's not.
Well...you're always arguing against him on this board. Happening in two threads at once. Why exactly should Quick get the award? because his offense, which HAS nothing to do with the Vezina, is worse? Why couldn't the argument work for Hank the years before? It only works for North Americans?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Well...you're always arguing against him on this board. Happening in two threads at once. Why exactly should Quick get the award? because his offense, which HAS nothing to do with the Vezina, is worse? Why couldn't the argument work for Hank the years before? It only works for North Americans?
If you happened to go to the Stanley Cup forum this week you would have seen me defending Hank and his comments about the goal for the last two days against some very nasty Ottawa fans.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
If you happened to go to the Stanley Cup forum this week you would have seen me defending Hank and his comments about the goal for the last two days against some very nasty Ottawa fans.
And yet...on this board, it's different. How exactly does having a better offense in front of the goalie make the goalie worse? That's my question.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hank was better than Quick up until March.

Quick was better in March.

Give Hank his ****ing trophy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
24/82 = 30% of NYR games played against Atlantic.

And

6/82 = 7% of Kings games played against Atlantic.

How the **** is that not a big difference? Do you want to pay 7% tax or 30% tax?

Can't believe this is an actual argument. Which one of these teams do you expect to score a ton of goals:

Sharks
Coyotes
Ducks
Stars

Is there an offensive powerhouse on that list? LA gets to play each team on that list 6 times.
So 23% of games versus a tough division, almost a QUARTER OF THE WHOLE SEASON, "isn't a big deal"

lol

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
And yet...on this board, it's different. How exactly does having a better offense in front of the goalie make the goalie worse? That's my question.
I don't know. You may want to ask the person who said that.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I don't know. You may want to ask the person who said that.
So then what's your argument for Quick?

Old
04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
So 23% of games versus a tough division, almost a QUARTER OF THE WHOLE SEASON, "isn't a big deal"

lol
Jeez, you guys act like the Rangers played the 1988 Edmonton Oilers 24 times or something...

Old
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
So then what's your argument for Quick?
Watching him play. I have a feeling some (most?) of the posters here advocating Hank over Quick only saw Quick play against the Rangers during the regular season, and not much more than that.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

atlantic division vs pacific... i don't think rinne has been better than either of them.
imo:
1. hank
2. quick
3. rinne

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Watching him play. I have a feeling some (most?) of the posters here advocating Hank over Quick only saw Quick play against the Rangers during the regular season, and not much more than that.
Yeah...I've seen him play. Care to provide some amazing evidence that Quick was the better throughout the ENTIRE regular season? Not just March? (Unless we decide to throw out every month before that and give Quick the March Vezina instead.)

Old
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
People thought callahan was a lock for the selke. Wouldn't be surprised if he got stuck with the "top team" excuse and quick, smith and rinne got the nod.
whicjh would be ********,bcause he been just about snubbed every year..how about the last 3 or 4 seasons rangers barely made it in and it was all cause of Henke...

This league is ********..im shocked gaborik go t the MVP of the all star game..shocked they didnt find some excuse for that

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Yeah...I've seen him play. Care to provide some amazing evidence that Quick was the better throughout the ENTIRE regular season? Not just March? (Unless we decide to throw out every month before that and give Quick the March Vezina instead.)
I already told you it's about watching him play. You can torture your statistics to make them say anything you want.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I already told you it's about watching him play. You can torture your statistics to make them say anything you want.
Yep. I'm sure those offensive powerhouses called the Coyotes, Sharks, Ducks, and Stars really generate great chances against D. Sutter's team. Because...you know...Hank hasn't made any spectacular, or game-saving saves this season.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:27 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Hank wins it by a lot.

The entire EC outside of Snow and Shero vote for Hank.

The WC will splits their votes like crazy. Rinne, Quick, Smith and Elliott all probably got 1st or 2nd place votes.

I think Hank wins it quite ceasily.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

Hank allowed less than 1.80 goals (counting nearly 5 minutes of OT against the Bruins) against average in 10 games played against the #2 and #3 offenses in the league. Even against Pittsburgh who it seems like he was bad he allowed just over 2.25 goals against average (counting the times he was pulled) against the top offense in the league. He wasn't great against Ottawa as he allowed about 3 goals against in 3 games. That said he was sick against the top 3 offenses, and especially #2 and #3 who he owned and was a combined 9-1 against.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Yep. I'm sure those offensive powerhouses called the Coyotes, Sharks, Ducks, and Stars really generate great chances against D. Sutter's team. Because...you know...Hank hasn't made any spectacular, or game-saving saves this season.
LOL ok you're right, Hank has made spectacular game saving saves...give him the trophy. Seems like all the Fanboys are in agreement.

I get it...only posts that say Hank should win the trophy are allowed here. If you have the audacity to say Hank had only the second best season of any goalie on the planet, you're labeled a hater.

This is why I spend time on the main boards. More than one opinion is tolerated.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
LOL ok you're right, Hank has made spectacular game saving saves...give him the trophy. Seems like all the Fanboys are in agreement.

I get it...only posts that say Hank should win the trophy are allowed here. If you have the audacity to say Hank had only the second best season of any goalie on the planet, you're labeled a hater.

This is why I spend time on the main boards. More than one opinion is tolerated.
Great. Why don't you just go to the Kings board and congratulate Quick on the win already?

I mean...it's obvious that Hank stands no chance against the all-mighty Jonathan Quick. Forget that Hank played the top 5 offenses more in a month than Quick played overall. JUST GIVE THE VEZINA TO QUICK!

Old
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, not counting being pulled for the extra skater and OT Hank has allowed 2.12 Goals against in 17 games against the top 4 offenses in the league. If you count OTs and goalies being pulled that GAA would go down because he played a full 5 minute OT against Ottawa and almost a 5 minute OT against Boston. That almost 10 minutes and he was pulled for an extra skater only 3 times I believe which comes with 1-2 minutes remaining.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:53 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Also of note, let's go back in time and revisit what most experts were predicting:

A large majority had the Kings winning their division and finishing top 3.
Similarly, most predictions had the Rangers finishing 6-10, or worse.

Which team underperformed? Which team profoundly met/beat expectations?

I can't argue that Quick has had an amazing season and is a big reason the Kings finished in a playoff spot. He was and they did. But, Lundqvist had basically the same numbers and finished 1st in the East against teams with superior offenses. He had 13, THIRTEEN, OTL's to Lundqvist's 5.

Quick had a great year, but I think this is Henrik's year.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Great. Why don't you just go to the Kings board and congratulate Quick on the win already?

I mean...it's obvious that Hank stands no chance against the all-mighty Jonathan Quick. Forget that Hank played the top 5 offenses more in a month than Quick played overall. JUST GIVE THE VEZINA TO QUICK!
I get it already...only Hank Fanboy posts allowed!

You don't have to keep saying it.

Go Hank! He played top five offenses!

Old
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Why is this girl even on here? Always arguing against anything NYR. Just report the troll already and stop responding.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Cmox

I honestly have not seen enough of Quick to say anything but from what I have seen(mostly these playoffs) Quick is the polar opposite of Hank when it comes to style.
Quick spend's 99% of the time protecting the lower half of the net. In fact I don't think I ever see him stand up, haha. That being said I like his style it's so smooth and comfortable looking. That's all I really have to add to whatever you guys are arguing about.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I get it already...only Hank Fanboy posts allowed!

You don't have to keep saying it.

Go Hank! He played top five offenses!
You don't think it's harder to have those numbers having to play against top 5 offenses than teams in the bottom 20??

Old
04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
You don't think it's harder to have those numbers having to play against top 5 offenses than teams in the bottom 20??
I think isolating the Vezina debate to this one criteria is silly