HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 2 - WCSF - Kings vs. Blues Series - Kings Forum Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
  #176
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Just read this on Twitter from Blues writer Jeremy Rutherford.

According to @lakingsinsider, #lakings are scheduled to fly to STL on Thursday ....Looks like Games 1-2 will be Sat-Mon. #bluesplayoffs
Thanks for the info, but damnit! Can't go to both games. Will be there for sure for Game 2 now.

Do you happen to know how far the train station is from Scottrade?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:31 PM
  #177
Xplosive 04
Registered User
 
Xplosive 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Astoria
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Rags fan here, I come in peace. Just wishing you guys luck in the next round. I am a huge Dustin Brown fan, met him before and the guy is a class act. Hope he keeps up the good play and maybe one day plays for the rangers lol. #Brown23

Xplosive 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:32 PM
  #178
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive 04 View Post
Rags fan here, I come in peace. Just wishing you guys luck in the next round. I am a huge Dustin Brown fan, met him before and the guy is a class act. Hope he keeps up the good play and maybe one day plays for the rangers lol. #Brown23
Brown and Callahan are very similiar players. Love the way they both play.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
  #179
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
I'm not picking on anyone but it always make me laugh when fans post on another teams section and they say "I come in peace" as if this is some sorta Israeli–Palestinian war zone going on over here.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:46 PM
  #180
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
I'm not picking on anyone but it always make me laugh when fans post on another teams section and they say "I come in peace" as if this is some sorta Israeli–Palestinian war zone going on over here.
I know what you mean. When I visit other boards I try to remember to announce that I come in raging hostility.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
  #181
topliner967
Registered User
 
topliner967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
The team boards are mainly for that particular team's fans, so it's kind of understandable I suppose, but it does look kinda silly at times.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
  #182
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Thanks for the info, but damnit! Can't go to both games. Will be there for sure for Game 2 now.

Do you happen to know how far the train station is from Scottrade?
You're welcome. If you're talking about the Metro-Link, it has a stop at Union Station literally right across the street from Scottrade.

Link - http://www.metrostlouis.org/PlanYour...5&StopID=10623

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
  #183
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
You're welcome. If you're talking about the Metro-Link, it has a stop at Union Station literally right across the street from Scottrade.

Link - http://www.metrostlouis.org/PlanYour...5&StopID=10623
Awesome, thanks again. Seems like everything is close by to the arena. Makes things a lot easier.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
  #184
Choralone
Registered User
 
Choralone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
I remember watching this game in disbelief! Wanted to jump through the television and put my own beat down! Absolutely pathetic! And we think the officiating is bad today!
I was at that game with my wife (then girlfriend) and we took my parents to it too - it was the first Kings game they ever attended. Good God....

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
  #185
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
First 4 days are set (no times yet)

SATURDAY, April 28, 2012 @ STL
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012 @ STL
THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012 @ LA
SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012 @ LA

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:51 PM
  #186
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
First 4 days are set (no times yet)

SATURDAY, April 28, 2012 @ STL
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012 @ STL
THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012 @ LA
SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012 @ LA
Unless we get kinjures I hate those two day breaks. Screw the Clippers and Lakers.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
  #187
wannabebluesplayer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Blues fan here. Just helping with train question.

Are you looking for train as in Amtrak or train as in subway type? Metro-link is subway train. It runs from airport to arena. The Metro-link station is directly across the street from Scottrade. I would recommend flying in, staying at a hotel near airport and riding metro-link to downtown then catching a cab around. Much cheaper.

Good Luck to Kings, should be a good series.

wannabebluesplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
  #188
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabebluesplayer View Post
Blues fan here. Just helping with train question.

Are you looking for train as in Amtrak or train as in subway type? Metro-link is subway train. It runs from airport to arena. The Metro-link station is directly across the street from Scottrade. I would recommend flying in, staying at a hotel near airport and riding metro-link to downtown then catching a cab around. Much cheaper.

Good Luck to Kings, should be a good series.
wow used his first post to help out a fan of the team his team is playing in the playoffs. well done sir

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
  #189
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Unless we get kinjures I hate those two day breaks. Screw the Clippers and Lakers.
I like them much better as the home team.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
  #190
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,504
vCash: 500
@wannabebluesplayer

Thanks for the info, I guess I assumed the train station in STL was like Union Station here in Chicago, where everything (Amtrak,Metra) meet. And I could catch a subway to Scottrade and my hotel for cheap. Maybe I will look into airfare now. Although I know it won't be cheap on 5 days notice


Last edited by TonySCV: 04-25-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: OT portion removed
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
  #191
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
I got my game 3 tickets on Stub Hub.. $95 (ticketmaster is charging $99 when they go on sale). there are a bunch there for $100 or less in the 300's. choose electronic delivery and the delivery charge is only $5.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 05:43 PM
  #192
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I got my game 3 tickets on Stub Hub.. $95 (ticketmaster is charging $99 when they go on sale). there are a bunch there for $100 or less in the 300's. choose electronic delivery and the delivery charge is only $5.
Stubhub has tickets CHEAPER than what presale will be tommorow morning?

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:01 PM
  #193
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Stubhub has tickets CHEAPER than what presale will be tommorow morning?
You can go on Ticketmaster now for Amex presale and they are $99. I went on there for round 1 Amex presale and they were the same price the following day when the STH presale started. So to answer your question, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be less than $99 on ticketmaster tomorrow. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Considering first round tickets were $72, I don't doubt that they are $99 for second round in the 300 level.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:01 PM
  #194
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,793
vCash: 500
Awards:
We need the long breaks more than St. Louis does (Carter's ankle problem). I'm okay with them.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
  #195
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Stubhub has tickets CHEAPER than what presale will be tommorow morning?
It's entirely plausible given that STH'ers and mini plan holders got discounted tickets. They would be selling those for a profit at $95 for 300 level seats.

For example, in my case (I have the 10 game weekend plan), my 200 section tickets were $296 for round 1 and $362 for round two (per seat). That's assuming 4 home games.

Doing the math, that works out to $74 for round 1 and $90.50 for round 2.

$90.50 for a 200 level seat is a hell of a lot cheaper than the $135 they are being sold for now. Perks of buying a ticket plan.

I can also tell you just looking at presale availability that there will only be seats together in the PR sections and the 300 level when they go on sale. The 200 level and 100 level only have single seats available. In other words, prices are only going to go up.


Last edited by TonySCV: 04-25-2012 at 07:09 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
  #196
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
I remember watching this game in disbelief! Wanted to jump through the television and put my own beat down! Absolutely pathetic! And we think the officiating is bad today!
I was lucky that I was involved in a home demolition job the next day...and actually showed up 9 hours early for the job...and PO'ed beyond belief... By the time the crew got there...there was almost nothing left to demolish in that house...

RAZZIE King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  #197
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Back to topic please. OT posts have been removed. Someone can start an AEG thread if they'd like.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:42 PM
  #198
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Back to topic please. OT posts have been removed. Someone can start an AEG thread if they'd like.
You've gotta be kidding me.

The topic DOES relate to the scheduling of this series. A little quick on the trigger finger, imo.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
  #199
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
The topic DOES relate to the scheduling of this series. A little quick on the trigger finger, imo.
Time tested and battle worn. It's impossible to mention AEG without the conversation turning to whether or not they are "good" owners. It just doesn't work. We've tried over the years to let stuff like this go and see where it leads... threads get derailed almost every time (as this one did pre clean-up).

You are welcome to start a new thread on it.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:14 PM
  #200
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Time tested and battle worn. It's impossible to mention AEG without the conversation turning to whether or not they are "good" owners. It just doesn't work. We've tried over the years to let stuff like this go and see where it leads... threads get derailed almost every time (as this one did pre clean-up).

You are welcome to start a new thread on it.
I don't think it warranted another thread but okay. I wasn't debating whether or not AEG is a good or bad owner, only that 3 teams in one building has proven to be a huge inconvenience for Kings fans. These 3 and 4 day layoffs are not the way the Stanley Cup Playoffs should be played.

No worries, I'm over it.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.