HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off to Florida for Game 7

Old
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
severian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I love Florida, and their fans, and I know they don't exactly approve of this Aardvark guy, and his antics. Going by what the nice fellas over there have posted on our forum about him. Even my buddy I go to the games with who lives in South Florida has Panthers friends we go to the games with, and they thought the whole thing was stupid.

While I wish no ill will on their fanbase I have to say walking into that building in Devils gear is really gonna feel good tomorrow night.
i hope it feels even better walking out of the building.

severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:13 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Love people in pictures like this with their backs turned. Usually means they are hugging and high fiving everyone in their section, which is me
Or the two Panthers fans bolting for the exit.

ZadorovNJD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
I hate Yormark as much as anyone but c'mon now.....This Rubina(or whatever her name is) has that THIN a skin that she can't even take a useless comment(from a useless person) like that?

I mean...don't get me wrong.... I found it absolutely hilarious that she ended up with more followers than Yo-dick but her reasons for being all butt-hurt is not really all that valid.

If someone told me on Twitter that my opinion didn't matter, I'd say "Neither does yours. It's friggin' Twitter."
I don't think it hurt her feelings, I think she's just annoyed that someone in his position was so disrespectful.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Like I said though tomorrow our guys gotta get serious.

This last game was Marty's worst of the series despite making saves in the 3rd late, and in OT to keep us from going behind.

It was also Florida's worst game of the series.

We were tested more the game we shut them out.

We need our BEST game, because Florida will be bringing theirs. A perfect PK record tomorrow would certainly help. Considering Florida didn't get a lot of PP opportunities yesterday for us to see if our PK troubles were over or still intact. We also need to try to score PP goals when we get the opportunity.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Like I said though tomorrow our guys gotta get serious.

This last game was Marty's worst of the series despite making saves in the 3rd late, and in OT to keep us from going behind.

It was also Florida's worst game of the series.

We were tested more the game we shut them out.

We need our BEST game, because Florida will be bringing theirs. A perfect PK record tomorrow would certainly help. Considering Florida didn't get a lot of PP opportunities yesterday for us to see if our PK troubles were over or still intact. We also need to try to score PP goals when we get the opportunity.
Game 3 was worse. Far worse.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
NJDevil12*

what channel will this be on if any...im not in the ny area so msg is out

NJDevil12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:16 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil12 View Post
what channel will this be on if any...im not in the ny area so msg is out
NHL network and the NBCSN will pick it up in progress after rags game

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
CerebralGenesis

We should be done already and winning game 3 to give us #4. Too bad this team absolutely choked that game away. If we lose game 7, that is the game that they should look back on. Total flubbing by everyone on this team that game.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
NJDevil12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
NHL network and the NBCSN will pick it up in progress after rags game
thats ****ing awful...i dont get nhln so ill maybe get to watch the 3rd period

NJDevil12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
I love Florida, and their fans, and I know they don't exactly approve of this Aardvark guy, and his antics. Going by what the nice fellas over there have posted on our forum about him. Even my buddy I go to the games with who lives in South Florida has Panthers friends we go to the games with, and they thought the whole thing was stupid.

While I wish no ill will on their fanbase I have to say walking into that building in Devils gear is really gonna feel good tomorrow night.
If we have an hf roll call for between periods tommorow pls feel free to join us along with any other devil fan reading this attending. Look for a thread on our board. we are always happy to have our opposing hf brotherin!!!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
If we have an hf roll call for between periods tommorow pls feel free to join us along with any other devil fan reading this attending. Look for a thread on our board. we are always happy to have our opposing hf brotherin!!!
Thanks for the invite man! If too much isn't going on I'll see what's happening. I'll be in a group, but two of the five of us are there for the Panthers!

Old
04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
One7nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Damn, now I'm pissed we aren't making the drive down. My family loves hanging out with local fans when we travel for games

One7nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Game 3 was worse. Far worse.
I have to disagree, but I know the popular opinion, and most fans say game 3.

Marty's first goal was bad that night. He clearly was screened on the last 2. I'm confident of that.

If we give Marty a hard time for those we gotta call out Hedberg for the one he gave up too which to me was stoppable also.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Marty looked shaky last night. If he had a heavier load we might lose by 2 or 3. Thankfully there were no dumb penalties and the defense played well

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One7nine View Post
Damn, now I'm pissed we aren't making the drive down. My family loves hanging out with local fans when we travel for games
If you leave now, you can still make it.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If you leave now, you can still make it.
No he can't.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

If he speeds he should be close

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Marty was way off last night. He made key saves at the end of the 3rd and in OT but was still very shaky doing so.

He'll be back on top of his game tomorrow.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Marty was absolutely clueless in game 3. you cannot think that last night was worse than that.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

It took me 18 hours of drive time from Bergen County to St Pete area when I moved. Bank Atlantic Center is 4 hours from me, but it would probably take 20 hours of driving, little or no traffic, 65-70 MPH to go from North Jersey to Sunrise.

It took me 18 hours, but that was a drive time. Stopping for food, gas, and pee breaks might have been 3 hours. 21-22 in all.

Anyone who is ever thinking about flying from Newark try West Palm Beach International. A lot cheaper than Miami, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International. Though it's a little over an hour away, and depending on transportation it might cost you as much just to get from the airport to Sunrise.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
Marty looked shaky last night. If he had a heavier load we might lose by 2 or 3. Thankfully there were no dumb penalties and the defense played well
More shots on early might of kept him sharp, might of lost focus since they had so few shots on goal but who knows. He was shaky, though I think the pile on, on the goals was a bit much, he was screened and it was deflected on the 1st goal, 2nd goal was bad but the D has to get back there on that rebound too everyone but Kovy at fault on that one(since he was tripped...), but he made the stops we needed him to in the end. I still have faith in him since we have seen good Marty in this series as well. We NEED him to show up though, can't get away with shaky Marty in a Game 7 on the road.

I am not to worried about the PK either, since Game 4 they have looked a whole world better, just that one in Game 5 after the broken stick. Still hope the refs swallow the whistles, rather not give them more then 1 or 2 chances.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

On their first goal, Sal can't let that guy just get by him like that - he had plenty of time to push that guy to the boards

Their second goal, we just stood around and watched, Poni particularly just watched Bergenheim skate around him

Marty was so-so last night, kept pucks out of the net at some important instances, but could he have saved one or both of the goals? Arguably so

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
I usually trust him to make the big time saves, but it's those little ones you gotta worry about sometimes.

They all need to play better.

Florida might not even have played as good as we did on Saturday when they shut us out. I also think Florida looked worse last night than game 4 when we shut them out. They had more pressure, and puck possession that game. As well as WAY more PP opportunities. They will play MUCH better tomorrow. The Devils need to also, but I never know of I can trust to them.

There was just too many times last night later in the game like midway 2nd to midway 3rd period Florida looked a lot better than us. Only Florida didn't even look that good so that says something. At one point it looked like a September 25th exhibition with half the rosters of both teams AHL guys, and training camp invitees.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:03 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Just as this team sometimes gets too used to relying on Marty, I think Marty got used to having stellar defense around him.

A lot of the defensive breakdowns result in perfectly stoppable goals, but Marty looks stunned that the puck is even headed in his direction.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
On their first goal, Sal can't let that guy just get by him like that - he had plenty of time to push that guy to the boards

Their second goal, we just stood around and watched, Poni particularly just watched Bergenheim skate around him

Marty was so-so last night, kept pucks out of the net at some important instances, but could he have saved one or both of the goals? Arguably so
Yeah I wasn't impressed with Sal there. He's our best defensive defenseman too so I wasn't psyched about that. Poni had a horrible game. 1 wide open net, and then shot way wide of a wide open net.

It's funny I'm not the only one who notices Marty's play on low shot games. When he's not challenged or tested a lot, and when there's a low shot count we usually don't get the best out of him.

It's like the Tampa Bay game February 26th. 4 goals on 16 shots, 3 goals on 17 shots in that last Toronto game. Toronto didn't get a single shot on goal after scoring their 3rd. Not even in the OT or the last 12 minutes or 10 or whatever of regulation.

Marty had the worst shootout I've ever seen him have, and mentioned he fell out of groove after going 20 minutes of playing time standing there, and not being tested. That surprised me, and I think he's been better in shootouts this year than most of his career since they started in 05.