HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo has asked for trade. UPD: Leafs, Hawks, Panthers and Lightning on his list

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Slashy McSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Somebody is talking out of school, that's for sure.

After the way Canucks management threw Hodgson under the bus, I can certainly see why players would try and get in front of stories that involve them.

For a class organization, we sure seem to rift with a lot of players.
Quit being so dramatic. You sound like Botchford. You don't want to sound like Botchford.

I don't see where the "rift" is with Luongo. Both sides to seem to be handling the situation very well.

Hodgson has been proven to be a high-maintenance, troublesome player. Any team with deep forward depth would have had issues with him, his agent, and his dad. Where are these other "rifts" you are referring to?

Regarding Toronto, I actually think Luongo would be stellar there. He can handle the fan pressure.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Congratulations, "fans" you just ran the best goaltender this franchise has ever had out of town. Hopefully Schneider gets better support than Luo did, because then I won't have to say this again.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
I guess this means Gillis was just kidding when he said he'd never ask a player to waive their NTC...
Why would Mike Gillis even need to ask him? The writing is on the wall. It's over.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:00 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Congratulations, "fans" you just ran the best goaltender this franchise has ever had out of town. Hopefully Schneider gets better support than Luo did, because then I won't have to say this again.
How on earth is this on the fans? It's Gillis and the Canucks organization making the call, not the ******* fans.

Old
Pseudonymous*

To be honest, both Schneider and Luongo are great goaltenders, I just hope they trade whoever can fetch them the most. Im sure theyll listen to offers on both of them

Old
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
They aren't contending for the Cup any time soon. Heck, Tampa would be a way better fit. Fix up that D a bit and with Luo on net they're hot to go for another deep run.
Toronto isn't far from being a playoff team, they don't have internal budgets, they are highly motivated to ice a winning team and I think they will head in the right direction under Carlyle. If they had a modicum of goaltending they probably would have made the playoffs.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Allaire is no longer relevant in the NHL. Every good to great goalie in the league plays a more athletic, reactive style now. The butterfly is a standard save selection so the old-school quebec-style blocking mentality just makes a goalie too predictable, rigid and unadaptable.

The irony is that although Roy is associated with Allaire for most people, Patrick never once played that pure blocking style that we see from Giguere, a true Allaire disciple. If anything Patrick developed his style and Francois distilled it into this horribly simplified parody.

I suppose it would be good for Luongo haters because we could watch Allaire undo all the improvements to Lu's game that Melanson has implemented over the last two years. If Lu is traded, he might fall apart due to the annual work he does with Allaire in the summer.

I still keep an eye on the Leafs and I knew Allaire was truly done when they showed a clip of him drilling his goalies to do a butterfly block on a one-timer from the slot...the night after Reimer had been burned by a top corner shot from a behind the net feed. No amount of blocking is going to help you on a shot like that, but there they were, doing it over and over again...
I'm just explaining why Luongo would go to Toronto.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'm just explaining why Luongo would go to Toronto.
I know, sorry, his name gets me riled up.

Old
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Toronto isn't far from being a playoff team, they don't have internal budgets, they are highly motivated to ice a winning team and I think they will head in the right direction under Carlyle. If they had a modicum of goaltending they probably would have made the playoffs.
....and they have a crapload of money they can use to eat Luongo's contract in his later years (eg., Marlies).

Old
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Man. The i hope to hell he doesnt end up on the leafs. What happens when Lu has his usual October?

Old
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Jobal

Quote:
Best regular season goaltender.

Old
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:

After the way Canucks management threw Hodgson under the bus, I can certainly see why players would try and get in front of stories that involve them.

Is this what you always do? Throw something negative out there for every single story and then when 1 of 20 comes true, you call everyone on it and say you were right?

Old
Slashy McSlewfoot

Quote:
Hahaha again with the drama!! Whyyy are Luongo fans so dramatic? Do the fans make trades now?

Welcome to the world of professional sports, bro. Players get replaced by younger, cheaper, better players. If this is too upsetting to you and your ilk you should pick something less competitive to watch.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
What in the blue moon

Old
Bourdon

With how quickly things are moving, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Luongo that is wanting out, which is not to say that the organization wasn't leaning towards Schneider anyways, which is likely given how the Canucks have handled Schneider this year.

If it were the organization pushing to trade Luongo, they would handle this a little less publicly, and would have likely given more time to assess all the parts of the organization...like Gillis said they would.

Old
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
How on earth is this on the fans? It's Gillis and the Canucks organization making the call, not the ******* fans.
This is all on the fans. The fans and media in this city do not support. They tear down. Every other city who goes into the playoffs get unconditional support. Yes, there is criticism, but there isn't "SCHNIEDER WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE CHOKER LUONGO". The fans run players out of this city because they don't support the players. The organization is then put into situations where they will get backlash when they do something "bold". Hodgson is a perfect example. Hodgson gets dealt because of obvious issues and all fans can do is ***** and whine because they were so emotionally invested.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
I guarantee you Gillis did not ask Roberto to waive. Luongo has been treated like **** by some fans and I'm happy for him he's finally going to a place that will hopefully appreciate him more than Vancouver did.

You might not like it or accept it, but it's the truth. Luongo has been treated like **** by the fans.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If Burke trades the #5 pick for Luongo, he's an idiot. Pure and simple.
Why?

You get a franchise goalie now for a pick that may help you in 2-4 years.

Leafs' system is better than ours. They can afford to move #5.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:07 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

vCash: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashy McSlewfoot View Post
Hahaha again with the drama!! Whyyy are Luongo fans so dramatic? Do the fans make trades now?

Welcome to the world of professional sports, bro. Players get replaced by younger, cheaper, better players. If this is too upsetting to you and your ilk you should pick something less competitive to watch.
This is the only reason why Luongo, if he does get traded, should get traded. That is up to Gillis to decide what is better for the shortterm and longterm.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
This is all on the fans. The fans and media in this city do not support. They tear down. Every other city who goes into the playoffs get unconditional support. Yes, there is criticism, but there isn't "SCHNIEDER WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE CHOKER LUONGO". The fans run players out of this city because they don't support the players. The organization is then put into situations where they will get backlash when they do something "bold". Hodgson is a perfect example. Hodgson gets dealt because of obvious issues and all fans can do is ***** and whine because they were so emotionally invested.
This is all on Schnieder being better then luongo and being younger. Has nothing to do with the fans. If we controlled anything Av would ve been fired by now and Raymond would have been traded.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Something about Toronto connected to Lu angers me.....

Old
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:

Ok guys...it's my fault Luongo is getting traded, I wasn't supportive enough and now he's as good as gone...my bad.

Old
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:

Hodgson and .... ?

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
This is all on Schnieder being better then luongo and being younger. Has nothing to do with the fans. If we controlled anything Av would ve been fired by now and Raymond would have been traded.
People are being so over-dramatic, it's quite funny.

Old
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
That would be incorrect. People were calling for Thomas' head last year in the playoffs and this season.

Check their twitter timelines. It's a tough position.

Closed Thread