HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Off to Florida for Game 7

Old
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John MacLean View Post
Hahaha, I'll be wearing my MacLean jersey, it worked for game 1
I love Johnny Mac! I think I just trashed him here earlier today. I do that a lot when comparing the Marty hate to the Maclean hate before he was fired.

I love the player! Not the head coach!

My favorite player from post Chico to 97 when he left, and borderline childhood idol.

Got some retro jerseys of his too. Be cool to wear one or the Muller throwback at a Carolina game!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Trust me, I've done the NJ to FL drive more times than anyone who isnt a drug dealer.

Assuming you dont drive like a puss, you should do central Jersey to Sunrise, FL in roughly 22 hours for sure.

About 20 if everything goes perfect, about 24 if you really get screwed endlessly (which wouldnt happen non-holiday).

EDIT: My record for Central Jersey to Central Florida (Orlando) is 15.5 hours on the button. Eating in the car, and only stopping for gas and urination.
I've done it in about 16 from Long Island.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I didnt know "towing" was possible in a Prelude.
Aftermarket hitch- wasnt rated for much tongue weight and took forever to get up to 60 when merging onto the highway but it got the job done and actually handled well once up to speed. Stopping suddenly was unpossible. The hills in Kentucky and Tenn fried my brakes but were also partially why I made good time picking up speed on the downhills.

I would not recommend anyone tow in a 4 cylinder 2.0

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't think it hurt her feelings, I think she's just annoyed that someone in his position was so disrespectful.
He should be more professional, but clearly he is more deserving of the huckster label than our own Mr Vanderbeek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
Marty looked shaky last night. If he had a heavier load we might lose by 2 or 3. Thankfully there were no dumb penalties and the defense played well
Marty knows he was bad the other night, I'm hoping he will bounce back in a big way in the big game.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:50 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Marty knows he was bad the other night, I'm hoping he will bounce back in a big way in the big game.
He always bounces back well (see: Game 4). He's not my concern. The fact that the 4th line has more goals than the second and third lines combined is.

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:51 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
vtecs yo

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
He always bounces back well (see: Game 4). He's not my concern. The fact that the 4th line has more goals than the second and third lines combined is.
I doubt that will hold up over time, if we get a chance to play more games. The thing is, sometimes the most productive players are the ones who get lucky with a good matchup. Our second and third liners are matched up against better players and can't produce much. Our fourth line is dictating play and getting some goals.

Old
04-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

He usually bounces back better when we LOSE the game. We didn't lose last night, but the quality of those shots weren't that good. Marty still hasn't played as bad as Jyz, or that dead Flower MAF this playoffs though. Also made some key saves late in the 3rd, and OT to keep our season alive, and didn't give up a weak one under pressure like the tying goal in game 7 of the 09 playoffs against Carolina.

It seems like I trust him more to make big time saves. It's smaller ones that sometimes worry me. It's okay to be concerned about his play, and there are legit worries. However I hate to see things written by so called Devils fans sometimes on here, and on the TG blog about how he sucks, and hasn't been good or won a Cup since 03. When really he's only one legend out of three still left with this team from all those Cup wins. People say Dano was overrated, but we don't even have a defenseman as good as Dano was in his last few years. That's the truth. I wonder if these are Rangers fans trolling pretending to be Devils fans? It's pretty heartbreaking to be honest.

Marty has won Vezina's TWO actually with mediocre defense since those other stars[Nieder, Stevens] have been gone.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

The 4th line is playing well above their expectations, and that's great. They've found great chemistry on the ice and the create a lot of momentum.

The 2nd and 3rd lines have been invisible, but they haven't exactly been liabilities either. They're maintaining possession - if they settle down, the puck will find the back of the net.

And as for Marty, the one reason he doesn't worry me is that Pete has shown he's not afraid to put him on a short leash so far. Unlike previous seasons, I can see Moose getting thrown in quickly if Marty starts to go soft. Before too much damage is done. I'm extremely confident with Moose in such a situation. He gave the team every chance to get back in it in game 3, too bad that they didn't even try.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
And as for Marty, the one reason he doesn't worry me is that Pete has shown he's not afraid to put him on a short leash so far. Unlike previous seasons, I can see Moose getting thrown in quickly if Marty starts to go soft. Before too much damage is done. I'm extremely confident with Moose in such a situation. He gave the team every chance to get back in it in game 3, too bad that they didn't even try.
Gave them every chance to get back in by giving up a stoppable goal? Judging by his reaction I think he knew that too. I probably love Moose more than most people. I said I want him back next year, but other people seem that they would rather have Clemmensen or even worse Chokoun or the absolute worst Kinkaid or someone who has never played in the NHL before backing up Brodeur.

If we're gonna say all of Marty's goals in game 3 were stoppable then the one Moose gave up was too. Marty was screened on goals 2, and 3. Moose may have even be screened too on that PP goal. I think judging by his reaction after he gave up that goal his body language told me he wished he could have that right back.

While Marty has given up a couple clunkers this series I hate the fact that in peoples eyes anything less than a shutout is unacceptable, and he has to find a way to justify every goal against.

Not singling you out or even accusing you of this either. It's just something I see a lot of.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:41 PM
apice3*

Kovy, Zajac, Parise - 8 goals
Elias, Zubrus, Sykora - 3 goals
Henrique, Clarkson, Poni - 0 goals
Gionta, Bernier, Carter - 4 goals

It's really strange that the 4th line is the line I'm most confident will leave the ice with the same or better score.

The 3rd line really needs to carry their weight.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:43 PM
CerebralGenesis

Our 4th line has been dynamic to say the least. They generate chances and forecheck by throwing weight around. Points are just gravy at this point.

Marty HAS to be better tomorrow than game 6. I'm not getting into which goals were his fault but he didn't look confident stopping shots and several were disasters waiting to happen. If he can play like game 4, not even saying he needs a shutout, but a solid night should do it.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:45 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Gave them every chance to get back in by giving up a stoppable goal? Judging by his reaction I think he knew that too. I probably love Moose more than most people. I said I want him back next year, but other people seem that they would rather have Clemmensen or even worse Chokoun or the absolute worst Kinkaid or someone who has never played in the NHL before backing up Brodeur.

If we're gonna say all of Marty's goals in game 3 were stoppable then the one Moose gave up was too. Marty was screened on goals 2, and 3. Moose may have even be screened too on that PP goal. I think judging by his reaction after he gave up that goal his body language told me he wished he could have that right back.

While Marty has given up a couple clunkers this series I hate the fact that in peoples eyes anything less than a shutout is unacceptable, and he has to find a way to justify every goal against.

Not singling you out or even accusing you of this either. It's just something I see a lot of.
I don't even think Marty was that terrible before he was pulled.
That goal on Moose was stoppable, but he was screened and he was pretty much just thrown into the game. He's at fault, but I can't hold it against him.
He played great after that.

It was 4-3 with plenty of time to tie or re-take the lead.
Regardless of the results of game 3, I'm confident in our Marty/Moose tandem and Pete's ability to use Moose when necessary.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I don't even think Marty was that terrible before he was pulled.
That goal on Moose was stoppable, but he was screened and he was pretty much just thrown into the game. He's at fault, but I can't hold it against him.
He played great after that.

It was 4-3 with plenty of time to tie or re-take the lead.
Regardless of the results of game 3, I'm confident in our Marty/Moose tandem and Pete's ability to use Moose when necessary.
You're right about that. He gave the goal up, but kept us in the game. All we had to do was score ONE goal to tie that game. Of course not blowing the big lead would have been real good. I wasn't attacking you, and I aint one of these people who say there are no legit concerns about Marty.

When Marty was playing terrible at times during the first half of the season someone told me I was not allowed to criticize Brodeur. This person doesn't post here often. They said if anyone was off limits to criticism it's Brodeur. People also said Marty had no chance on these goals when clearly a lot of them were weak. He had a great post ASB outplaying most goalies in the league, and when he gave up questionable ones then here, and there people were barking at him, and now I read people making this overblown saying he needs to retire, and how he's no good cause he aint won a Cup since 03 when clearly we haven't had nearly the teams we had then.

I see what you're saying. I agree with you.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:55 PM
kiwidevil

The thing is, Elias' 2 goals are being all alone on front for 5 mins on the PP.
Zubies one was on a breakaway on a PP.

These guys need to do something 5 on 5.

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Sykora one of our most playoff experienced guys looks like he forgot the playoffs started. In fact he looks like he never even made it to most of these games.

He did ring one off the pipe last night, and right before Florida scored their first goal.

That post hit hurt really bad for a long time. Right before OT I kept hearing it in my head, and it felt like I was getting hit with it.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:16 AM
CerebralGenesis

Someone said it earlier, sorry for the lack of props. But our middle 6 need to be better.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
The thing is, Elias' 2 goals are being all alone on front for 5 mins on the PP.
Zubies one was on a breakaway on a PP.

These guys need to do something 5 on 5.
Yep. With their chemistry, their skill, and their matchup, they should be running a train on the Panthers' second line, but they're not. Need something more out of them.