HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Hodgson Kassian Trade

Old
04-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
How bad is it hurting Vancouver right now
From the sound of how bad Gillis made the Hodgson in Vancouver situation look I'd say Vancouver did what they had to do to get rid of him. He literally said he had to deal with more **** from Hodgson over the last 3 years than all his other players combined.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
What I am pissed off about is how AV handled CoHo, and many other players for that matter. Why was Hodgson not tried out as a #2C with Kesler on his wing? AV tried putting Hodgson on the wing and it didn't work well, but he never even considered that as an option.

My issue with the situation is an issue with AV: he doesn't seem to know how to handle younger players. Not all young players develop in a straight line, just because it worked throwing Kesler out on the 4th line for years doesn't mean that's the best treatment for Hodgson. I would have liked to see AV attempt to accomodate Hodgson's request for ice time, I would have liked to see him attempt to put him in a larger role.
Keep in mind though they were supplementing Codys zone starts, and the reason they were able to do that is because players like Kesler and Malhotra were taking on added defensive responsibilities.

Adding Hodgson to Keslers line doesn't shelter him at all, and suddenly Hodgson has to play other teams top lines.

Hodgson played less minutes than most people wanted...but they were some of the easiest minutes in the NHL...

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Hard to say. I like both players. This was not a "THIS YEAR" trade. Both can still help there respected teams ALOT in the future.
It was stupid trade from Vancouver's part. Why make a trade for future now, when you can win Stanley Cup?

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM
HiddenInLight

I think that we will see where the issue lies when we see how Gillis handles Luongo, who has apparently also requested a trade.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
It was stupid trade from Vancouver's part. Why make a trade for future now, when you can win Stanley Cup?
I agree that the trade for Kassian was stupid.

But if there were as big problems with CoHo as the rumors say, it might have been better for the team to trade him at that time. He's production was decreasin iirc, and with CoHo and he's agent complaining about CoHo's situation, trade value isn't certainly going to increase.

We don't know all the details but I would have traded him after the playoffs. But it seems pretty clear that he would be traded at some point out of Vancouver as he had reportedly said he wanted out.. right after SC finals game 7.

But this is just speculation. We probably never know what was really going on.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I agree that the trade for Kassian was stupid.

But if there were as big problems with CoHo as the rumors say, it might have been better for the team to trade him at that time. He's production was decreasin iirc, and with CoHo and he's agent complaining about CoHo's situation, trade value isn't certainly going to increase.

We don't know all the details but I would have traded him after the playoffs. But it seems pretty clear that he would be traded at some point out of Vancouver as he had reportedly said he wanted out.. right after SC finals game 7.

But this is just speculation. We probably never know what was really going on.
True. Maybe Vancouver had no other chance to deal him, so they had to pull the trigger.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote