HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anyone hear of any uncompleted trades?

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2006, 01:18 AM
AgentNaslund*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
I know that Nonis asked for Perezhogin+Ryder, and Gainey scoffed.

I assume Montreal offered something more to do with picks.
Where did you hear this. Pls anserw us. Thx.

Old
03-13-2006, 02:02 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

I have some crappy sources within the Canucks organization, someone in my family knows someone basically. No point posting it here because you can't post stuff without legit sources.

I know for a fact that the Rangers and Habs really wanted Bertuzzi, but Nonis was too tentative to deal him in the end.

Old
03-13-2006, 03:47 AM
sunb

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbites
So you would trade away two young players (25 and under) for that? And what makes you think Blake would even score on the Flames? Tony Amonte, a former multiple 40 goal scorer, can't even score on the Flames. And Zhitnik? Alexei 'f'in' Zhitnik? I have nothing to say to you pal.
Amonte last scored 40 goals seven years ago in 1999. Jason Blake is currently outscoring every Calgary Flame (in goals and points) other than Jarome Iginla. What happens now and what happened seven years ago constitutes as a pretty big difference.

Old
03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
What reason could there be to veto a trade that is done a mere few minutes after the deadline, the McAmmond trade rolled into TSN at like 3:02, 2 minutes...what difference was it going to make?
from forecaster.ca:

According to local reports, the Blues had a deal lined with Edmonton that would have sent winger Dean McAmmond to the Alberta capital for prospect Yan Stastny. Instead, the Oilers sent Stastny and Marty Reasoner to Boston for Sergei Samsonov and a subsequent deal for McAmmond couldn't be worked out in time. Also, the Leafs reportedly backed out of a trade involving McAmmond for Russian center Nikolai Antropov.

Old
03-13-2006, 11:05 AM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
from forecaster.ca:

According to local reports, the Blues had a deal lined with Edmonton that would have sent winger Dean McAmmond to the Alberta capital for prospect Yan Stastny. Instead, the Oilers sent Stastny and Marty Reasoner to Boston for Sergei Samsonov and a subsequent deal for McAmmond couldn't be worked out in time. Also, the Leafs reportedly backed out of a trade involving McAmmond for Russian center Nikolai Antropov.
I heard about this... but Nik is not russian he's from kazikstan... i'm not sure it's the same thing since the USSR SU split thing... but w/e I could be wrong

Old
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
from forecaster.ca:

Considering it's a matter of time before Antropov gets hurt for the 66th time, this may not have been a bad thing for the Blues - and that's even after considering McAmmond may walk for nothing at season's end.

03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Considering it's a matter of time before Antropov gets hurt for the 66th time, this may not have been a bad thing for the Blues - and that's even after considering McAmmond may walk for nothing at season's end.
I don't know... even if he misses 10-15 games every year due to injuries, I'd still take Antropov every day of the week and twice on Sunday over McAmmond. McAmmond's been a good soldier for the Blues, especially lately, but you can't teach a guy how to be big, and Antropov is that in spades. I think it's also safe to say that Antropov is just a little more skilled than McAmmond.

P_B

Old
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
I think it's also safe to say that Antropov is just a little more skilled than McAmmond.

P_B

now, if only he could learn how to skate better ...he's like a giraffe on skates.

Old
03-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
I don't know... even if he misses 10-15 games every year due to injuries, I'd still take Antropov every day of the week and twice on Sunday over McAmmond. McAmmond's been a good soldier for the Blues, especially lately, but you can't teach a guy how to be big, and Antropov is that in spades. I think it's also safe to say that Antropov is just a little more skilled than McAmmond.

P_B

In the three seasons both have spent all year in the NHL (not counting this year, where McAmmond's numbers are all better than Antropov's), Antropov has had more points than McAmmond twice ('02-03 when Antropov had a career high 72 games and 45 points, McAmmond had 18 points in 40 games before sitting after the trade deadline when Colorado traded him back to Calgary and he was ineligible to play for the Flames) and in '03-04 (by a point). McAmmond has had more goals in every year except '02-03 (Antropov with 16, McAmmond with 10).

Antropov may be more skilled and may be physically bigger, but if he's (A) not using his skill or size and (B) is on the shelf 25% of the time due to injuries, are you really gaining anything?

Old
03-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
it's more like McDonalds breakfast, 10:30 hits good luck getting an Egg McMuffin!!!
This is the most apt analogy yet. Dean McAmmond, the Egg McMuffin of the NHL.

Old
03-13-2006, 09:04 PM
London Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
As much as I hate the kid...I gotta admit, seeing Downie & Carcillo together would be ****ing scary.

If you like breathing perhaps. The guy is an incident away from taking someone's head off for no apparent reason. He has talent, but he isn't going to last very long unless he learns to keep his cool.

As for the McAmmond deal. Simple solution. Don't try making deals at the last minute. Edmonton had all season to try and trade for him. Then they had up to 3PM to get the thing done. If they couldn't get it done, wait till next year. You had a chance. That is the whole thing about deadlines, they put an end to advancement.

My profs at University don't give me an extension on my papers because "I'm almost done them" when they say "In by noon or it's zero."
At work, if your boss says "Have the report on my desk by tomorrow morning" if you are still working on the thing the next morning you aren't going to have a job much longer.

It's the reality of life. If Edmonton needed Dean so bad, they should have had a deal in place and a backup plan ready to go even prior to the Samsonov deal. If Stasny was not going to be a part of a McAmmond package then there should have been a counter offer on the table already to try and work something out.

Old
03-14-2006, 08:57 AM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
now, if only he could learn how to skate better ...he's like a giraffe on skates.
every time I watch the skating scene in Bambi with my little girl I think of Nik!!!

Old
03-14-2006, 09:41 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanks
also heard St.Louis. It's funny because on Eklunds site he lists some players that will be gone by the 3pm est deadline, those players were St. Louis, Coju, Witt and another which I can't remember (he has taken it down). I wasn't sure when I first saw it why St. Louis was listed there so I looked into it and read that it was in an offer for Khabi.
e***d is prat

Old
03-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
every time I watch the skating scene in Bambi with my little girl I think of Nik!!!

He can't be that bad.

Old
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
on XM radio one of their hosts said that Tampa and Chicago were talking trade for Khabibulin but couldn't make it happen. It was confirmed that Tampa made at least 1 proposal.
Now I'm really wondering where this was "confirmed". I called BS on this, and BS it was:

Quote:
First, those rumors that [Feaster] tried to re-acquire Chicago goalie Nikolai Khabibulin ? Not true. There was talk, but nothing serious.
"We didn't talk to them about Nik (last week) at all," Chicago GM Dale Tallon told Chicago reporters.
"We had a casual conversation a couple weeks ago about it, but that was the extent of it."
A few other Lightning near-misses here.

03-15-2006, 03:55 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos

A few other Lightning near-misses here.
Kind of OT, but I found this surprising:

Quote:
BAD RECORD: Entering Monday night's game against Montreal, the Lightning had allowed 50 goals in the previous nine games, making it the worst nine-game stretch in team history.

That's the worst stretch for any team since the 1994-95 Ottawa Senators.
That's the worst stretch since '94-'95? I'd have sworn that the CBJ have had a couple of stretches like this a season, over their 5 years ...

Closed Thread