HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 2 - WCSF - Kings vs. Blues Series - Kings Forum Discussion

Old
04-25-2012, 09:23 PM
jarmoismyhero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabebluesplayer View Post
Blues fan here. Just helping with train question.

Are you looking for train as in Amtrak or train as in subway type? Metro-link is subway train. It runs from airport to arena. The Metro-link station is directly across the street from Scottrade. I would recommend flying in, staying at a hotel near airport and riding metro-link to downtown then catching a cab around. Much cheaper.

Good Luck to Kings, should be a good series.
Just another thing to add to this is it might be just as easy to stay downtown and just take metro back to airport before flight. If money is not issue I would prefer to stay at the downtown hotels then the ones by the airport.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
I'm not picking on anyone but it always make me laugh when fans post on another teams section and they say "I come in peace" as if this is some sorta Israeli–Palestinian war zone going on over here.
Made me laugh...think it is so many trolls you just dont want to come onto another teams board and seems as if you are trolling. I am just a guilty as anybody when it comes to this.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
First 4 days are set (no times yet)

SATURDAY, April 28, 2012 @ STL
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012 @ STL
THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2012 @ LA
SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012 @ LA
I sure hope Game 1 is an early game. I am supposed to drive up to Edmonton for a lacrosse game Saturday night. I guess worse case I can PVR it and watch it when I get home from Edmonton Saturday night. I'll just have to make sure I don't look at the out of town scoreboard at Rexall.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
I think we could have played better in the first series. I especially expect more from JDub and Carter.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:57 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

If you would have told me, pre-playoffs, that Blues fans would be more obnoxious on the whole than Canuck fans, I would have laughed in your face.

This really is bizarro playoffs.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:42 PM
murphdasmurf2
@SieveOfDaNation

Heyyyyy there LA. How's it goin?

On the bandwagon.

murphdasmurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Xplosive 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Brown and Callahan are very similiar players. Love the way they both play.
yess they are, they play a complete style of hockey. hit, score, fight, lead the team. i just feel that brown has a little bit more offensive upside to his game.

Xplosive 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:37 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
If you would have told me, pre-playoffs, that Blues fans would be more obnoxious on the whole than Canuck fans, I would have laughed in your face.

I haven't seen much obnoxiousness from Blues fans. I think they along with Kings fans are still busy doing cartwheels that we're both in the 2nd round.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:41 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
I haven't seen much obnoxiousness from Blues fans. I think they along with Kings fans are still busy doing cartwheels that we're both in the 2nd round.
There has been a lot of bickering on the last few pages of the main board thread. I checked in for the first time today and just had to laugh.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
There's a few on the main board.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 View Post
Heyyyyy there LA. How's it goin?

On the bandwagon.
Not THAT is an avatar.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Hollywood

This is a serious where our 2nd 3rd line can either win/ lose this series. Richards Carter King Penner Stoll and company either step up... Or we don't win... This is a 2nd 3rd line series! Tell Fraser also to keep emotions in check while playing hard as possible... I have confidence.
We are the much better team. If they start scoring on PP. DS has to tighten up the PK to less aggessive allowing Greene and Mitchell to clear the front of net with Quick stepping up as well in first couple of games and cracking ankles... I hope Billy Ranford tells him this...

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:26 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
There has been a lot of bickering on the last few pages of the main board thread. I checked in for the first time today and just had to laugh.
I'm surprised by their arrogance. I get that they're the 2nd seed and its cool an all that....but they got 1 puck passed Quick this season.

I'd be pretty nervous if the Kings were up against a team that shut them out twice.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:22 AM
HollywoodCory
In The Kingdom

Thursday and Sunday are the home games? Guess I'm gonna have to extend my trip to LA next week. Hopefully Sunday is an afternoon game.

HollywoodCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:22 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

^
Believe me, any Blues fan that watched the season series should be nervous. The Kings were the very last team I wanted to have to go through, and honestly, no one wanted to play you guys. I think the reason some seem overconfident is that significant offensive contributors didn't dress for the Blues against the Kings this season(something I wasn't previously aware of). Knowing that now, I'm definitely feeling more confident but I remain anxious because I don't have any idea if those players are going to be enough of a difference to win the series. IMO, anyone picking either team in 4 or 5 is insane.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:30 AM
chesed

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post

Dunno about obnoxious, but definitely more confident... maybe to the point of arrogance. Moreso than Vancouver fans, definitely. It's not what I was expecting.

This is going to be tough, no doubt. I'll be cheering while fearing. Like any Kings fan. =P

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:12 AM
zeppelin97

Call me crazy, but I think Jeff Carter will score a goal in this series.

zeppelin97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesed View Post
Dunno about obnoxious, but definitely more confident... maybe to the point of arrogance. Moreso than Vancouver fans, definitely. It's not what I was expecting.

This is going to be tough, no doubt. I'll be cheering while fearing. Like any Kings fan. =P
No denying that the blues fans are coming off of quit the high right now as well. Plus you look at how good McDonald has been playing both in the firts round and to finish out the year, it would make me very confident as well.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
^
Believe me, any Blues fan that watched the season series should be nervous. The Kings were the very last team I wanted to have to go through, and honestly, no one wanted to play you guys. I think the reason some seem overconfident is that significant offensive contributors didn't dress for the Blues against the Kings this season(something I wasn't previously aware of). Knowing that now, I'm definitely feeling more confident but I remain anxious because I don't have any idea if those players are going to be enough of a difference to win the series. IMO, anyone picking either team in 4 or 5 is insane.
The Kings also didn't have Carter for those games. He was pretty much useless in the first round but he does provide a scoring threat on the second line and has the ability to maybe score a goal. And then Jack Johnson is addition by subtraction.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Will we know start times tonight?

Is anyone else having problem with the password on the presale tickets?

Last edited by The Butcher: 04-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
johnjm22

Is anyone else more worried about the games at Staples Center than the games in St. Louis?

I'm glad we have road ice advantage through out the playoffs. (Unless we play Ottawa in the finals)

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Will we know start times tonight?

Is anyone else having problem with the password on the presale tickets?
It would make sense that the password isnt working seeing as the upped the presale time from 10am to 1pm.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
There's a few on the main board.
Well I mean if you look in a rats nest.....

Don't ever go to the main board if you want to find a judgement on fans

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
The Kings also didn't have Carter for those games. He was pretty much useless in the first round but he does provide a scoring threat on the second line and has the ability to maybe score a goal. And then Jack Johnson is addition by subtraction.
Jeff Carter alone doesn't offset McDonald missing all 4 games combined with both Perron and Steen missing 2 games each. This will be the first time the Kings see all 3 players in the same game and that trio is capable of making this series look decidedly different than the regular season series. Carter alone couldn't possibly begin to cover what those 3 bring, however the aforementioned Blues forwards would obviously have to play well on their end of things.

What really concerns me about the Kings is their ability to sustain a sometimes dominating physical game which could potentially neutralize the Blues 5-5 efficiency. If the Kings can execute and outplay the Blues 5-5 it could really throw the Blues offtrack and force them to rely on the PP. Kings have a great PK and I don't see many PP goals coming in this series anyways for either team. To me this series looks like a classic stalemate due to the similiar styles and strengths of the teams.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:25 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Go Kings go, my buddie who is a Kings fan was on the Bruins bandwagon last year, and now this year I am on the Kings bandwagon after an early upset.

Hate St. Louis and almost every team left, and I have always had a soft spot for the Kings as they traded lots of players back and forth back in the day, ie, Dafoe, Stumpel, Murray, ect.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote