HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Ticket Prices & Availability

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I would be surprised. A STH who does that is not only risking his ticket rights, but will also easily be tracked down and hit with a visit to the tombs (central booking) and some sort of criminal record / large fine. If you re-issue barcodes on your tickets, you are responsible for what happens to the hard stubs
I disagree completely. Twice I have called because I lost my tickets. Both times the rep said just to email them to myself and print them up and the originals will be voided. Turns out, they were in my house the whole time and I found them a few weeks later. But, guy who sits next to me, did lose them while walking to the arena. When he realized it, he went to his friends office, about 4 blocks from arena, used computer to email to himself and print, thus voiding the barcodes. If someone picked up his hard tickets, and sold to someone, he is not responsible. Secondly, MSG is constantly warning people about buying tickets from untrusted sources, doubt they are really going to care.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I disagree completely. Twice I have called because I lost my tickets. Both times the rep said just to email them to myself and print them up and the originals will be voided. Turns out, they were in my house the whole time and I found them a few weeks later. But, guy who sits next to me, did lose them while walking to the arena. When he realized it, he went to his friends office, about 4 blocks from arena, used computer to email to himself and print, thus voiding the barcodes. If someone picked up his hard tickets, and sold to someone, he is not responsible. Secondly, MSG is constantly warning people about buying tickets from untrusted sources, doubt they are really going to care.
I agree. If you buy tickets from a source that is not MSG or their ticketexchange, why would they care? Who's fault is it? The buyer's. So many differently circumstances can happen that there is no way they can fault a season ticket holder, unless maybe the same thing happens every game.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
30TheKing30

Looking to buy a single ticket for game 7

Anyone have a single ticket for tonight's game? PM me.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
theyankeesguy*

Send a message via AIM to theyankeesguy*
That is considered a crime, perhaps even a felony if he knew the tickets were fake. I'd surprised you didn't contact the police in this matter as they could have put this on record and put all of the information you had on file. If if this Jordan Hirsch ******* didn't give your $1k your report would go a long way in his decision to screw someone over in the future.

It's really not okay that people can get ripped off by scam-artists and that nothing can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Well, I got ripped off last year from CL last season for about $1k. I met the guy in a gas station in Wantagh. His game is Jordan Hirsch (I have no problem naming him here since he ripped me off). I even have his cell number.

He sold me 6 games in 300 center Row A for the 2010-11 season before the season started. I gave him cash and he gave me hard authentic ST stock tickets.

When I showed up for the first game, I got the surprise that these tickets have been forwarded and void. I called the Rangers and they contacted the account holder and apparently Jordan Hirsch (who shares the tickets with the account holder on record) did not pay him. I was told there is nothing the Rangers can do.

I played cell phone games with him for about 6 months and finally gave up as I was tired of his false promises of paying me back.

Now I know better..only Paypal

Old
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Who would really use CL?!

Your asking to get ripped off.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Richard Brads

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyankeesguy View Post
That is considered a crime, perhaps even a felony if he knew the tickets were fake. I'd surprised you didn't contact the police in this matter as they could have put this on record and put all of the information you had on file. If if this Jordan Hirsch ******* didn't give your $1k your report would go a long way in his decision to screw someone over in the future.

It's really not okay that people can get ripped off by scam-artists and that nothing can be done.
why don't you post his number here? next time i get drunk (probably during tonight's game, lol), i wouldn't mind ****ing around with him

Old
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
I also lost a pair of tickets once, and I called my rep to tell him that I had in case they turned up in someone else's hands. He just told me to reprint them online. Admittedly, he didn't seem to care too much and yeah I got the feeling that if they were found and someone used/resold them, there's a good chance MSG wouldn't come after me. But if a buyer is really pissed and goes through the trouble of pushing the issue hard, you are screwed if as a STH you conned someone. You would have to (1) have no ethics / morals, be a lousy skumbag and (2) be confident that the poor shmuck wouldn't bother filling out a police report and swearing out an affidavit to issue a warrant for your arrest

Old
04-26-2012, 12:46 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Who would really use CL?!

Your asking to get ripped off.

Not really. Of course there might be some scammers, but there are honest people on there as well. Just because you use craigslist, doesn't mean you will be getting a fake ticket.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyankeesguy View Post

I thought about it but in the end, I was just tired of his promises to pay me back and didn't want to prolong the misery. I've already lost the money. I didn't want to lose more sleep. Chalk this one up for my own stupidity and move on. I'm sure there are many CL stories like mine. CL is fine - you just have to take precautions as suggested by many here.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
I also lost a pair of tickets once, and I called my rep to tell him that I had in case they turned up in someone else's hands. He just told me to reprint them online. Admittedly, he didn't seem to care too much and yeah I got the feeling that if they were found and someone used/resold them, there's a good chance MSG wouldn't come after me. But if a buyer is really pissed and goes through the trouble of pushing the issue hard, you are screwed if as a STH you conned someone. You would have to (1) have no ethics / morals, be a lousy skumbag and (2) be confident that the poor shmuck wouldn't bother filling out a police report and swearing out an affidavit to issue a warrant for your arrest
Yeah, it's a game you don't want to play as a STH. You can claim that you lost your hard tickets and somebody found them, but like you said it will be a lot harder to do in front of a judge.

And as a buyer, I wouldn't go through anything but the NYR Ticketexchange. Sure - stubhub has their fan protect guarantee - but buying a ticket off TE guarantees that you're not getting a fake, and the prices are very comparable with StubHub.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:15 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I would never do it. Ripping off one of the scalpers outside, I would have no problem with, however I know ultimately it is another fan who will get screwed when the scalper re-sells them. Knowing that a fan would get ripped off and still going ahead is one of the ultimate scum bag moves. Someone who does that is just as bad as the autograph forger and the person who knowingly sells forged items.

My point, is that there is no way they could pin it on you. The police will laugh at you if you try to say someone outside sold you fake tickets. Not as if the police can arrest the person because it is simply one persons word vs another. Obviously, in the case someone mentioned where the guy bought 6 games and has the person name and phone number, it is a different story. Also, I really do not think the garden would care.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Razor View Post
Yeah, it's a game you don't want to play as a STH. You can claim that you lost your hard tickets and somebody found them, but like you said it will be a lot harder to do in front of a judge.

And as a buyer, I wouldn't go through anything but the NYR Ticketexchange. Sure - stubhub has their fan protect guarantee - but buying a ticket off TE guarantees that you're not getting a fake, and the prices are very comparable with StubHub.
stubhub is just as safe. If there was ever a problem, they would give you new tickets and hit the sellers credit card for the cost.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
GloveSave35

Semi related. Long time fan.. never seen a game at the Garden. I've been to Toronto and saw a game vs the Leafs and went to this years Winter Classic. Hoping to make my first game a playoff game.. want to surprise my fiance with the tickets.

I'll be planning the game around a trip to see family in NY/NJ. If we survive tonight, I'll be looking to get to one of the next series. Does anyone know of a potential range of dates for the next 2 series? I know they are TBD... but has anyone heard an approximate date range? Thanks in advance.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:22 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
Semi related. Long time fan.. never seen a game at the Garden. I've been to Toronto and saw a game vs the Leafs and went to this years Winter Classic. Hoping to make my first game a playoff game.. want to surprise my fiance with the tickets.

I'll be planning the game around a trip to see family in NY/NJ. If we survive tonight, I'll be looking to get to one of the next series. Does anyone know of a potential range of dates for the next 2 series? I know they are TBD... but has anyone heard an approximate date range? Thanks in advance.
Thinking games 1 and 2 will be sunday-tuesday. Games 5 being next mondayish.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Thinking games 1 and 2 will be sunday-tuesday. Games 5 being next mondayish.
Hey thanks Pat! If I get into NY, we might have to meet up so I can take one of those Lundy's off your hands!!

Old
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Welke94

Need a single ticket for tonight's game! PM me ASAP with any available! Will also buy a pair if not able to sell a single! Thanks!

Old
04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
stubhub is just as safe. If there was ever a problem, they would give you new tickets and hit the sellers credit card for the cost.
Which is worrisome as a seller as someone can use the tickets and them claim they were already used.
Safe but scammers always find a way...

Old
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
HagsSwag

Im about to take a 2 hour trek to MSG hoping to score a pair for a little less than what I am seeing online. Any chance I will be able to get this done ?

Could have Stub Hub with Last minute pick up as back up option.

Input? Or any knights in shining armor have 2 to sell?

Thanks.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:57 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I paid $102.00 each for my normal 300 level seats tonight. Someone has given me an offer of $350.00 each, making it $700 for the pair.

That's how crazy the secondary market is right now

04-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I paid $102.00 each for my normal 300 level seats tonight. Someone has given me an offer of $350.00 each, making it $700 for the pair.

You can get more for those seats based on what I'm seeing today. 400s are going for $300 on stubhub and ticketexchange.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post

Look at 400s obstructed. They were 54 on TM, selling for $290+ now

This is round 1, it's just crazy.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagsSwag View Post
Im about to take a 2 hour trek to MSG hoping to score a pair for a little less than what I am seeing online. Any chance I will be able to get this done ?

Could have Stub Hub with Last minute pick up as back up option.

Input? Or any knights in shining armor have 2 to sell?

Thanks.
At this point I doubt it. Best bet as a backup is go to the bars playing the games with the fans there (stout, Blarney rock).

Old
04-26-2012, 02:07 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
You can get more for those seats based on what I'm seeing today. 400s are going for $300 on stubhub and ticketexchange.
It's ok, because I didn't take it. Some may call me crazy, but I'm a season ticket holder to see the games -- not to make money. I will NOT be missing tonight's game, this is what us die hard fans dream of. My tickets are not for sale

Old
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
HagsSwag

Ill give you $351.00

Obv kidding.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
nyrmetros

Nyr ticket exchange and Stubhub only have $300 tickets available right now.

Closed Thread