HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Pezcore's 1st round mock draft 04/24

Old
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
pezcore

vCash: 500
Pezcore's 1st round mock draft 04/24

This is a first for me. Ive put alot of time and effort so be gentle but comments and opinions are always welcome.

1- Nail Yakupov LW
1This is a no brainer for the Oilers if they keep their pick. He's a notch above everyone else in this draft. Some scouts compare him to a smaller Ovechkin. He's got the speed, hes got the hands, he's got the shot. I don't believe the Oilers will trade down to draft a d-man. You'd be crazy to skip on him.

2- Ryan Murray D
-The most complete defenseman available at the draft and the only other player with Yakupov and Grigorenko to be in the top 10 of all scouting services throughout the whole year. He will be bring depth to the blue line that columbus desperately need. Jackets had too may bad experiences with russians

3- Alex Galchenyuk C
-Under new management, It is hard to predict who the Habs will pick. Timmins always had an eye for talent and Galchenyuk is certainly the most talented center left on the table. He has been compared by scouts as a Ron Francis type of player. A responsible two way center with size and that can put up number is exactly what the Habs have been dreaming of for the past decade.

4- Mikhael Grigorenko C
-The Islanders would probably pick a defenseman if Murray was still available and some might think they'd go down the list of draft Dumba or Trouba. I don't think they can say no to Grigorenko, who's talent is unquestionable but his effort is.

5- Filip Forsberg LW
-After an amazing start, the Leafs end up in familiar territory but this time, they have kept their pick. Leafs will wish that Galchenyuk will still be available at this spot, but if Im right and he is not, The Leafs will turn to Forsberg who is certainly the best foward available at this time. A true power foward on the wing that has been playing with the Swedish Elite League for 2 season now and is not even 18.

6- Radek Faksa C
-The Ducks will gladly grab one of the centers left. The ducks are weak down the middle after Getzlaf and will need some reinforcement up front with an aging Koivu and a possibly soon to be retired Selanne. The Ducks would have two big and talented centers and would resolve that issue once and for all.

7- Jacob Trouba D
-The Wild have a young and unexperience blue line but they lack a true no1 or 2. Trouba is a good mobile and puck moving defenseman that can play physical as well.

8- Teuvo Teravainen LW
-Climbed up immensly this past month in the rankings. Could be the steal of the draft. He was once considered to be the no. 1 pick, Teravainen is a little undersized but has tremendous speed, smooth hands and a great vision of the game.

9- Matthew Dumba D
-Jets will think they're dreaming when they see his name still available at this spot. Once a possibly top 5 candidate, Dumba plays with so much grit that he will make the opposition pay every single game.

10- Griffin Reinhart D
-Big physical defense that can skate and move the puck. He would make a great tandem with Hedman. The Bolts have had major issues on the blueline this year and desperately need some reinforcement.

11- Morgan Rielly D
-Perhaps a drop from the actual ranking, Rielly is a smooth skater and a great vision of the game. He might not be as physical or offensive as the previous blueliner picked but he is definitely a complete player.

12- Cody Cecci D
-Oddly enough with the addition of Erhoff in this off-season, I thought their blueline would be set for years. Turns out, the Sabres are not as deep as I thought on the back end. Since there's no immediate attention required up front, I think the Sabres will pick another defenseman as a 1st pick this year. Cecci is a really safe pick with an excellent all-around game that could help the Sabres.

13- Olli Maatta D
-Another team that needs some defensive help, Matta is a safe and solid puck moving defenseman with leadership and competes every night.

14- Matt Finn D
-Finn is the most offensive defenseman available at this point. A true leader, Finn would make help Flames powerplay. He can also play physical but needs to work on his skating.

15- Derrick Pouliot D
-Wow, what a season for the Sens who were forseen as finishing dead last in the standings. Sens have no trouble putting the puck in the net so they'll concentrate on their blue line. Pouliot is one of the draft better puck moving defenseman that skates well.

16- Brendan Gaunce C
-With their second pick in the 1st round, the Caps will go with a foward. Since they are a little weak down the middle, seeing Gaunce still available at this stage of the draft is a blessing. Gaunce is a safe pick that plays a good two-way game.

17- Sebastien Collberg RW
-An amazing turn around with new GM Dave Tallon, The Florida Panthers ended their playoff drought and took it up even further to win the Southeast. They need to add some talent on the right wing so Collberg is the perfect candidate to fill the role. He can deke any one at any time, smooth hands and has great speed.

18- Zemgus Girgensons C
-After taking a defenseman at #2, Jackets will try to get bigger up front with this pick. Girgensons is a great all around center.

19- Slater Koekkoek D
Koekkoek is big, solid, plays with a lot of grit and has leadership qualities. He will surely help the sharks sonner than later.

20- Pontus Aberg LW
-After losing their MVP, everybody thought the Coyotes would be back in the basement of the standings but with the help of Smith, they are back in the playoffs once again. Phoenix is in the same situation as the Sharks, at this point it becomes best player available unless you have a great weakness. Aberg is a fast and smart player with the puck that needs to fill in a little. He already plays in the Swedish Elite League as a minor with is a true display of his character.

21- Malcom Subban G
Many say that Subban is the best goalie prospect since Carey Price. I dont think the Hawks are that comfortable with the tandem of Crawford and Emery. Subban is extremely athletic and never gives up on the puck.

22- Scott Laughton C
- Devils need depth up front so they will go with a foward. Laughton was a late bloomer this season with the Generals. He went back to his basic game of being a two way center and has contributed more this way. He looks like a Lou type of player.

23- Nicolas Kerdiles LW
-Hard to pick for the Bruins since they are already a complete team. with the 23rd pick, Bruins can afford to gamble and take their time with a player. Kerdiles stock has risen in the ranking as of left. The American has decent size, great speed and protects the puck like no other.

24- Andrei Vasilevski G
-The main reason why the Bolts are not in the playoffs this year is because of goaltending. They will be pissed to see Subban gone so I wouldnt be suprised if they tried to move up in the draft to pick him up. However, since I cannot predict this scenario, I believe at this point they will pick Vasilevski who had a terrific World Junior tournement this year. He performs well under pressure and at 6'3" he covers most of the net.

25-Pittsburgh Penguins Colton Sissons RW
-A great pick at this point, he would add a presence in front of the net and be a fix from would Talbot used to do for the Pens.

26-Vancouver Canucks Dalton Thrower D
-Another disappointing end for the Canucks. They need size and grit and Thrower has both. He is also not afraid to dropt it once in a while.

27-Buffalo Sabres Tomas Hertl C
-Sabres need some size down the middle, Hertl is a big center , that may lack speed but has good hands and has a really good forecheck.

28-Philadelphia Flyers Stefan Matteau LW
-Matteau is a potential power foward who could helped them in a few years.

29-St.Louis Blues Ludvig Bystrom D
-an amazing season for the Blues, they have everything working for them. At this point, it is best player available for them.

30-New York Rangers Tanner Pearson LW
-Rangers have such a young defensive core that they will most likely pick the best foward available at this point. Pearson shows strong character and could possibly could continue to have success on the NHL level

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by pezcore: 04-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Faska will not go that high...

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:43 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Not to the Ducks anyway. I mean we obviously know nothing, but Rakell makes him a bit redundant. Not saying Rikard is the better player but he's close enough to make it so if Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart, and Teravainen are available they'd go with one of them instead. Dumba being the most likely. Murray usually goes with the consensus BPA, and he'll love Dumba's winning attitude and upside. Our pool is deep enough to take the Dumba gamble. The reward is worth the risk.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
JGardiner51

When was teuvo considered to go #1 overall?

JGardiner51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM
KrisBeKreame

The islanders would most likely take Forsberg over Grigorenko.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
JGardiner51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
The islanders would most likely take Forsberg over Grigorenko.
Forsberg and Tavares would be deadly

JGardiner51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
When was teuvo considered to go #1 overall?
He pumped his own tires by saying he's had a bunch of NHL teams calling him, and 2 or 3 "allegedly" said they'd take him first overall. Likely guys picking 9th-14th if true. And I was under the impression that NHL teams weren't allowed to talk to prospects before the combine. Hard to regulate in Europe though.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
pezcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Not to the Ducks anyway. I mean we obviously know nothing, but Rakell makes him a bit redundant. Not saying Rikard is the better player but he's close enough to make it so if Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart, and Teravainen are available they'd go with one of them instead. Dumba being the most likely. Murray usually goes with the consensus BPA, and he'll love Dumba's winning attitude and upside. Our pool is deep enough to take the Dumba gamble. The reward is worth the risk.
In my opinion, , , want a shot at a big centerman. I wouldnt be suprised if the and would take fowards even if they are somewhat more likely to pick a defenseman.

at 6th, Ducks will have the luxury of chosing one of the top blueliner of the draft but since I believe the they are weaker down the middle than on the back end, they will go with Faksa.

I also agree with what you said as well, Dumba or Trouba wouldnt suprise me at #6 but aside from Holland they dont have that any centers in the farm, but they have a few in Schultz, Vatanen, Erixon and of course Fowler who just started his career

Top 15 has alot of potentially good defensemen but not that many fowards. That will probably help Faksa to get drafted earlier than he is ranked.

Old
04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
sharks9

I'd rather not have Galchenyuk with all his injury problems. I hope the Habs take Grigorenko if he's available and Forsberg if not.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
With Faksa, Holland, Rakell and Getzlaf we could have a ridicilous center depth.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
In my opinion, , , want a shot at a big centerman. I wouldnt be suprised if the and would take fowards even if they are somewhat more likely to pick a defenseman.

at 6th, Ducks will have the luxury of chosing one of the top blueliner of the draft but since I believe the they are weaker down the middle than on the back end, they will go with Faksa.

I also agree with what you said as well, Dumba or Trouba wouldnt suprise me at #6 but aside from Holland they dont have that any centers in the farm, but they have a few in Schultz, Vatanen, Erixon and of course Fowler who just started his career

Top 15 has alot of potentially good defensemen but not that many fowards. That will probably help Faksa to get drafted earlier than he is ranked.
There is really no point in putting the team logos in......

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:33 PM
pezcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
There is really no point in putting the team logos in......
Sorry for the inconvenience. Ill shy away next time. Constructive criticism, I like it.

Old
04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
The Sharks have a huge deficiency at forward, and lots of young defensemen and defense prospects. They will take a forward, unless someone falls really far, but that someone is not Koekkoek. I'm hoping Collberg falls to them, he seems like a perfect fit.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezcore View Post
Sorry for the inconvenience. Ill shy away next time. Constructive criticism, I like it.

I like the logos.

Also, nice mock!

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Better than most mocks.... tho with the GM dance mtl is doing with Patrick Roy I don't see then taking Galch over Grigs

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The Sharks have a huge deficiency at forward, and lots of young defensemen and defense prospects. They will take a forward, unless someone falls really far, but that someone is not Koekkoek. I'm hoping Collberg falls to them, he seems like a perfect fit.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Safer bet is Aberg. Though Finn on the Sharks would be 57 different varieties of epic.