HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Counting Suites as part of attendance/capacity

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 11:10 AM
porknbeans

vCash: 500
Counting Suites as part of attendance/capacity

I am always curious as to which teams do this and which teams dont. I know that for a fact Ottawa doesn't announce the suite numbers as part of their attendance. I have a problem with this since it not only underinflates numbers but also does not even give an accurate number of how many epeople are at the games. Can anyone explain the logic as to why teams would not consider suite sales and suite tickets to be part of the average attendance?

I think for example Florida includes some suite numbers to inflate their numbers... last year they had an astounding 19 games that ended with '44'... 13,144, 14,544 etc... I dont think that its possible for a team, unless they sellout every game... to have 19 games end with a '44' as tickets sold. I believe that the Blues include suite numbers in their attendance too...

Does anyone know what teams separate and what teams dont? Which teams announce suite numbers as part of attendance and those who neglect it? I know for a fact the reason Ottawa hasn't/doesn't announce suite numbers is because of a regulation of 18500 seats max in the Corel centre way back in 1991. To get around it, Bryden and co. installed 18500 'seats' and then 147 suites, which, when the seats are counted, hold over 21000 people, which was the original plan for the palladium.

Anyone have any insight to offer?

Old
11-22-2003, 12:59 AM
CivicSI_JB

vCash: 500
I know GM Place in Vancouver counts them. Capacity was 18,422, then a few new suites were added, and the capacity for the playoffs was 18,518, and in the offseason, they added a couple more and now capcity is 18,630.

Closed Thread