HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Bruins hit The Wall

Old
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Vaive-Alive

vCash: 500
Bruins hit The Wall

Boston (AP): Just when Beantown was hoping to bring the boys back home for game 6, the evil Ottawa Senators put a stop to the team's playoff run. By the end of game 5, it was clear that the Bruins had been skating on the thin ice for too long and we're comfortably numb from the pain. They were ready to say goodbye cruel world for another hockey season. GM Kruegs appeared in the flesh before a sparse crowd of reporters outside the wall of the arena in the parking lot. While waiting for the HNIC production crew to put another brick in the wall to hold some camera equiptment, GM Kruegs looked tired and worn, as if the trial and tribulation of the playoffs had final caught up with him. When GM Kruegs first arrived there were hardly any media there which prompted him to jab, "Is there anybody out there? Nobody home? Good - I am thirsty! I dont' want to linger here waiting for the worms. Get your questions over with so I can run like hell to the bar!" At that point Vera Mendez, a reporter from the Boston Globe who was obvioulsy filled with young lust for the handsome GM Kruegs, took up one of the empty spaces in front of the podium to ask him a few questions:"GM Kruegs, don't leave me now because I know you want to get to the bar, but I need a few words to report back to your fans, can you tell us whats going through your mind right now?" GM Kruegs responded, "Vera - first off - you look like my mother." Suddenly he yelled," Hey you! You in parking lot with the trunk full o' beer - yes you! Get me a beer. I'll need one for every one of my turns answering questions. Thanks." As he shifted his gaze back to Vera, some clouds moved in and GM Kruegs could be heard muttering, "Goodbye bluesky." "What was that GM Kruegs?" asked Vera, and GM Kruegs simply replied,"Oh the show must go on. Vera - The show must go on."

And the show will go on. It will indeed.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Vaive-Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
The old geezer

vCash: 500
Rob you have missed you're calling. Forget telephony you have to start writing sitcoms ... you're posts are THE BEST.

The old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote