HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston off-season moves (besides goaltending)

Old
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 500
Parise or bust. Team needs scoring.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
The Bruins should sign a big scoring forward to replace Horton if he's still out by September. Maybe a guy like Pouliot.

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
bbfan419

Trade TT to Chicago for a prospect and 1st rd pick. resign one of Zanon or Mottau, prefer Zanon, but if too much $ than Mottau as a 7th D. Let Corvo and Pouliot walk sign the other ufa's to team friendly deals. Sign Jason Garrsion and Zach Parise. Trade Krejci to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan.

Goalies
Rask
Khudobin/Vet

Defense
Chara-Seidenberg
Garrison-Boychuck
Ference-McQuaid
Zanon

Forwards
Parise-Seguin-Ryan
Lucic-Bergeron-Horton
Marchand-Kelly-Peverley
Caron-Campbell-Paille
Thornton

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I think the Bruins need to get smaller.
LOL.

04-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Riptide

The loss of Horton was noticeable. With Savard on LTIR, and Rask, Kelly and Campbell needing new contracts (these being the ones I'd actually try and keep - depending on asking price) it'll be tough without moving someone. If Zannon is cheap keep him, otherwise let him walk.

With a decent 4th line center (physical, defensive and can win draws), the bottom 6 wings can be filled out with cheap contracts. If Paille, Pouliout, etc aren't interested in cheaper contracts (less than 1m), let them walk.

I wouldn't move Krejci. He's a top 6 player on a nice contract. Oh and you won't get Ryan for him straight up. I'd also be pretty leery of signing a big name UFA... With Lucic, Horton, Marchand & Seguin all needing new contracts after next season, any big dollar deal (Parise/Suter/etc) could make things tough then. Instead I'd look to someone like Boyes, Huselius, Jagr, as those who'll likely be interested in a short term cheaper deal.

If Rask will accept splitting duties with TT for 1 more season then try and keep TT (unless there's a decent offer or some other reason (cap?) to look at moving him).

The PP needs some serious work. Either a forward who can make smart plays or a D who can QB the PP. I don't really have any answers to this. But I don't think FA is the answer to this. Likely some sort of trade (perhaps for a different D who can rush the puck?), but this needs to be addressed.

Last edited by Riptide: 04-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

For now, all you really need to talk about is goaltending. Thomas will surely bring back a decent return and forward. Maybe to the Jackets, though they'd need to add to get NASH, IMO. Nash definitely fills the role that Horton played.

Maybe Malone out of Tampa or potentially even SJS wants to upgrade their goaltending? Clowe and Niemi to Boston for Thomas+

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
For now, all you really need to talk about is goaltending. Thomas will surely bring back a decent return and forward. Maybe to the Jackets, though they'd need to add to get NASH, IMO. Nash definitely fills the role that Horton played.

Maybe Malone out of Tampa or potentially even SJS wants to upgrade their goaltending? Clowe and Niemi to Boston for Thomas+
Blue Jackets aren't going to trade Nash for 1 year of Thomas+ unless that plus contains Seguin..

Bruins will probably sign David Jones and either trade, or sign a 4-6 dman who can play the pp.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Why no Iggy? His cap can fit into boston considering he only has one year left and Savard and HOrton will be on LTIR.
As long as the asking price isn't Seguin (which Calgary would be foolish to ask for) I think he would be the perfect player for Boston.
Great leader, still productive, not affriad to get physical, and will bring passion and desire to win first cup.
Really its his age, and what they are are have to give up.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Parise or bust. Team needs scoring.
So the team that scored the second most goals in the NHL during the regular season (without one of their top wingers) needs more scoring? Interesting theory.

BronxBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
So the team that scored the second most goals in the NHL during the regular season (without one of their top wingers) needs more scoring? Interesting theory.
Can you name one player besides Seguin that can pick a corner?

Old
04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
Can you name one player besides Seguin that can pick a corner?
I must have missed that goals only count when scored that way. In that case...

Old
04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
TheMothman

Would the Bruins be interested in Franzen+ for Krejci?

TheMothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
More like the team that couldnt score a goal on a 3rd string goalie needs more scoring. Its a different theory but still interesting.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Did you happen to see the 1st round when the Bruins scoring for each game was:

They made a 3rd string goalie look like a Vezina winner.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Did you happen to see the 1st round when the Bruins scoring for each game was:

They made a 3rd string goalie look like a Vezina winner.
So a string of 6 games against a team that was focusing on defense first and foremost (see: shot totals throughout the series & ice time of their forwards) should overwrite the previous 82 games?

Old
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
mark3361

Quote:
So a string of 6 games against a team that was focusing on defense first and foremost (see: shot totals throughout the series & ice time of their forwards) should overwrite the previous 82 games?
Its hard to score garbage goals against teams that were packing it in like Washington did, and Rangers do etc. We need more skill and a better PP scheme. Shot totals are bogus. How many quality scoring chances did we get? The ones we did get we couldnt finish. We need finishers

mark3361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Mr Lahey*

Call me crazy but I think you put Seguin at C next season off the bat with Looch on his wing, you will see a considerable drop in his production. Centre, especially 1st line centre at the NHL level is an extremely hard position to play over 82 games, especially if you don't have dynamic wingers. Looch is a good board crasher and has some offensive upside but isn't an ideal #1 W in my opinion.

If Boston were to bring in a Parise type winger, someone who would create matchup problems and open space for Tyler to skate, then you might get a different result. But as it is, Seguin is currently looking great on the wing because he has a lot of room to skate and move the puck, a C he would forced to play with 2 guys on him at all times.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
Trade TT to Chicago for a prospect and 1st rd pick. resign one of Zanon or Mottau, prefer Zanon, but if too much $ than Mottau as a 7th D. Let Corvo and Pouliot walk sign the other ufa's to team friendly deals. Sign Jason Garrsion and Zach Parise. Trade Krejci to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan.

Goalies
Rask
Khudobin/Vet

Defense
Chara-Seidenberg
Garrison-Boychuck
Ference-McQuaid
Zanon

Forwards
Parise-Seguin-Ryan
Lucic-Bergeron-Horton
Marchand-Kelly-Peverley
Caron-Campbell-Paille
Thornton
You don't say...

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
I must have missed that goals only count when scored that way. In that case...
In the PO yes because your playing the best goalie's. Watch the highlights most goal's come that way.