Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
CamFan81
Derp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
So apparently F&M are going to ride this "last year was a flash in the pan and this team is back to sucking and needs to prove themselves" train, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Haven't listened to the radio all day, but let me guess:

Losing in the first round, second round, second round, (LETS IGNORE THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP), first round = bad team. Blame the owners. Bruins can't close at home. Chara isn't a leader. Krejci is soft. Julien worst coach ever.

Am I close?
Cmon these tools were so hard pressed to find drama they had to resort to 3 years ago to find something to complain about as to why this team still sucks.

They didn't talk bruins this year, unless it had to do with seguin being an acoholic, TT being a distraction. God they are horrible.

Old
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
So apparently F&M are going to ride this "last year was a flash in the pan and this team is back to sucking and needs to prove themselves" train, eh?
Tell 'em it's better to be a has been then a never was...

Old
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Losing in the first round, second round, second round, (LETS IGNORE THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP), first round = bad team. Blame the owners. Bruins can't close at home. Chara isn't a leader. Krejci is soft. Julien worst coach ever.

Am I close?
Impressive.

But you forgot Felger's latest obsession of Claude's defensive style on the PP, and Neely saying that you can't win 0-0.

Old
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Impressive.

But you forgot Felger's latest obsession of Claude's defensive style on the PP, and Neely saying that you can't win 0-0.
DAMN! I knew I was forgetting something.

I do think Felger likes the game of hockey, but I really don't like how he'll only get deep into discussions when there's negativity. Right now isn't the time for negativity imo. If you want to talk Bruins, talk free agency, talk potential lines/changes for next year, talk about what went wrong with this series...Trying to draw comparisons to 5 years ago is absurd.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Great comments from Anson Carter about the racist tweets (via AP):

Quote:
After Ward’s decisive goal, Carter tweeted “Warrrrrrrrrrdo!!” and was soon subjected to several racist tweets himself. Carter said he tracked down one of the tweeters, a student at Eastern Connecticut State University, and called the school president’s office Thursday. Later that afternoon, the student called Carter to apologize, and Carter accepted it.

He said that when he got traded to Boston his rookie season, his parents were afraid for him to play there.

“They had heard all the talk about Boston being racist, but I got nothing but love there,” said Carter, who scored 70 goals for the Bruins. “I was a black hockey player – so what. I was a Bruin, and that’s all that mattered.”

Old
04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
doakacola*

They need to id everyone of these losers and humiliate them.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Great comments from Anson Carter about the racist tweets (via AP):
Love Anson Carter.

But let's face it. Boston has to get a little more progressive.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Love Anson Carter.

But let's face it. Boston has to get a little more progressive.
Uh, not really. Boston gets a bad rap, but I don't understand it. Always liberal, voted Patrick, voted Obama. About half white and half non white.

I guess perception is reality. Boston has a dark history, but it's just that, history.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
doakacola*

Bob Beers just took a bit of a shot on Thomas.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Uh, not really. Boston gets a bad rap, but I don't understand it. Always liberal, voted Patrick, voted Obama. About half white and half non white.

I guess perception is reality. Boston has a dark history, but it's just that, history.
Agreed. But if you want to talk history, how about going back to the days when Boston was the hotbed of the Abolition movement? It's just as relevant.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:

Am I close?
Not really. I listened to most of F&M today, and the tone was nothing like pre-Cup. Felger knows he's been shown wrong on many counts already, and has really tempered his criticisms.

He says Julien is a good coach, but like other coaches, has shortcomings. Julien's particular shortcoming, acc. to Felger, is a tendency to passivity (e.g., putting emphasis on not getting scored on during the PP). Hunter's Caps, themselves trained to sit back in a shell, brought this tendency out in Julien (and by extension the players).

I heard no blaming of ownership. I heard nothing about "can't close at home", "Chara not a leader". Felger said point blank they proved him wrong on this already. Instead, he, quite reasonably if you ask me, reviewed the series and talked about how the B's need to improve to get to the next level, i.e., to be a perennial contender (which he defined as getting to the ECF, or maybe deep into the ECSF against a tough team, for a few years in a row). He didn't question the B's effort. He just said they just played without that "edge" they showed last year. And he also said that neither Lucic nor Krejci are top-line guys, and this is something Chia will need to look at.

Middle-of-the-road opinions delivered in a middle-of-the-road tone. I disagreed with some of his points, but they didn't feel like the kind of simplistic characterizations he routinely pulled prior to the Cup.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post

I was being sarcastic.

I blame the beer summit. That, and Harvard professors who break into their own homes, then go 1960's on responding officers b/c they want to relive the old days.

Sending my kids to BU.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
I listened to some of it and agreed with a lot of it. However I did hear him revisit the past, which I do not think is valid because teams are always in such flux. As for the passivity, I dont think that is the problem on the PP. It is personnel combined with xcheme. I also do not think they were passive because of Claude,they were passive because somewhere deep down they knew they didn't have the depth to go full speed for long. They were some exceptions to that on both end of the scale but that is what I felt from this team from day one.
Plenty I disagreed with as well, but my point is that he wasn't wallowing in negativity and bashing the team's character, as in years past. It was reasoned argument and respectful, constructive criticism.

My problem with F&M this season is simply how little attention they've paid to the B's. Basically they got two weeks of concerted attention, and then we got knocked out. I actually love F&M when they pit their douchebaggery against the wisdom of insider puckheads like Neely or McGuire, or they call up a radio host from a rival's city to spar over the air. There's just not enough of it.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
why would they? the evil empire has the Celts broadcasts and they all love hoops, and as far as TSH the station has hockey fans in their back pocket and they have been making obvious overtures to hoops fans to also make the jump to them. Once in awhile Felger gets fresh and says basketball sucks but they still all talk about it. How in the world that compares to being shat upon and/or ingnored for literally decades needs to be explained.
Make no mistake, Team Green was dancing like fools last night about 10:45 last night. Screw them, hope they get swept.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

End of year presser on 98.5 now.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Bob Beers just took a bit of a shot on Thomas.
????

Old
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Press conference coverage cut short in favor of a guest to talk about the draft.

**** off with that.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
CamFan81
Derp

beetle crushing both Felger n Mazz on felger's "examples" of thomas being an individual and not a team guy. And you can tell that neither of them are happy with it

Old
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Bmf316nhl
But there's no dog

Send a message via AIM to Bmf316nhl
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
beetle crushing both Felger n Mazz on felger's "examples" of thomas being an individual and not a team guy. And you can tell that neither of them are happy with it
What were some of these "examples"

I know Felger loves to talked about how he removed the bruins logo from all his equipment.

Old
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
CamFan81
Derp

when thomas didn't get his head shaved (cuts for a cause), then beetle brought up THomas having a charity event that was scheduled the same day and that he doubts it was on purpose...

Then felger goes on a rant and says something like " was i bashing thomas for doing a charity event on the same day as cuts?''

Beetle responds with "well then why are you bringing it up then if your not insinuating that Thomas was being selfish"

Felger/Mazz responds with " beetle whats your problem, why are you all of a sudden sensitive to TT"

oh the lols

(all of the above is paraphrased)

Old
04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
when thomas didn't get his head shaved (cuts for a cause), then beetle brought up THomas having a charity event that was scheduled the same day and that he doubts it was on purpose...

Then felger goes on a rant and says something like " was i bashing thomas for doing a charity event on the same day as cuts?''

Beetle responds with "well then why are you bringing it up then if your not insinuating that Thomas was being selfish"

Felger/Mazz responds with " beetle whats your problem, why are you all of a sudden sensitive to TT"

oh the lols

(all of the above is paraphrased)
You forgot that they have started referring to Bertrand as TT's agent.

Closed Thread