HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-Game: ECQF G7. Washington Capitals @ Boston Bruins. 7:30pm. TD Garden. 4.25.2012

Old
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Niz Bruin

vCash: 500
Congrats Caps fans! You guys pushed us all the way, and I just don't think this incarnation of the Bruins was meant to do it this year. I think with the extra rest time, they'll come back stronger next year.

Gotta say the caps fans on the main board were pretty polite when discussing this series. Proves that not all of HF is inhabited with rabid looney fans.

Enjoy the next round and good luck!

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Koized

They need to give Orlov a chance. He was much better during the season then Schultz and Erskine. I know if they play him one game he will prove that he belongs.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
abuse....

BANNED
Damn it. I didn't even last a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw
Re-watched the game today, minus the stress. Schultz wasn't good. At least two bad gaffes which he was highly fortunate did not turn into Bruins goals, including one right before GWG.

On the other hand, Ovie's performance looked a little better to me than the first time around. He had a few decent chances, and a nice pass, and wasn't as invisible or ineffective as i had thought. We tend to be biased by the score sheet. (If a shot goes in, even if it was lucky bounce, then that guy becomes one of the main story lines in the postgame discussion.)

Would really like to see Orlov, Halpern, and/or Perreault (if healthy) get chances in next series, and preferably earlier in the series, when the pressure isn't as intense.
I'm just happy you finally got your action figure working. Those things are pretty expensive.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Koized

Also I always wished we got the other Florida dman in Seidenberg instead of Wideman. If this team had him wow, are defense would be so solid.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Maruk moustache

I think I did a pretty good job of defending the refs' non-call on the final goal last night.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1177733

I was arguing it was a case where the exception in Table 18, no. 4 applies: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26557

I dunno if I'm right--not really. But I think I made a good argument. I know probably no one here really cares anymore. All that crap Marchand and company tried to pull during this series kinda got to me. After the euphoria died down a little last night after a couple hours, then like my anger at all the dives I saw all series kind of kicked in and I got kind of upset actually. I think I'd been trying to stifle it the whole time until just then. I am usually one for doing whatever it takes to win, but I guess that's just over the line for me.

I saw a player in the UEFA Champions League semifinal the other day get a yellow card for diving. I thought that was pretty cool.

Maruk moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Meanwhile Whyno's unapologetically mocking the Caps on Twitter. If we end up playing Philly, he'll be even more insufferable than usual.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Meanwhile Whyno's unapologetically mocking the Caps on Twitter. If we end up playing Philly, he'll be even more insufferable than usual.
http://twitter.com/#!/swhynophilly

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
OMG!! I had no idea. And to think, he's working Fey's beat.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
thats funny, bud.

how many games v the bruins do the caps win with alzner, erskine, hamrlik, orlov, schultz, and collins in the lineup?
what point is it you are trying to make? honestly......it really sounds like you are suggesting that this current team has had some rosey time of it and everyone available is in tip top shape......how many times in the history of this franchise have they went in and upset someone in the playoffs? You want to point to some injuries and just let that explain away getting swept in dismal fasion....feel free. You want to act like they havent had to deal with some key lineup issues in round 1....go ahead.....but just what is it you are trying to prove? becasue im not seeing it

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:35 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I'm just happy you finally got your action figure working. Those things are pretty expensive.
Dude! It was the batteries! Duh. Shoulda checked that first. But it's all good. I finally figured it out toward end of 3rd period yesterday, found two new AAs, and then it worked fine. It even says stuff like, 'Good things happen when you go to the net,' and 'We need to get the puck deep and play our game.'

But thanks for your concern. I was starting to think I overpaid for the thing.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:04 AM
b in vancouver

Good luck and have fun - for the next hopefully month and a half.

Heart attack series seriously drove me demented but... my wife and kids are happy to have me back after last year so... (just really wanted the Bruins to win this one because I thought they could repeat)

Good series.
Hoping for you now.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote