HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Shane Doan

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Potvins Cups

vCash: 500
Shane Doan

Now just to preface...I don't know his contract status, or even if he would be available.
What do you guys think about going after him for our future captain over the summer? While watching the Kings-Yotes game last night the announcers were talking about how many teams wanted him at the deadline. On at least 3 occasions this season I have seen him go after and fight an opposing player for taking liberties with his teammates. He leads his team in goals and penalty minutes, and is 4 points away from leading in points as well. I think he would be a perfect fit and a great leader. Thoughts?

Old
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesfan303
Now just to preface...I don't know his contract status, or even if he would be available.
What do you guys think about going after him for our future captain over the summer? While watching the Kings-Yotes game last night the announcers were talking about how many teams wanted him at the deadline. On at least 3 occasions this season I have seen him go after and fight an opposing player for taking liberties with his teammates. He leads his team in goals and penalty minutes, and is 4 points away from leading in points as well. I think he would be a perfect fit and a great leader. Thoughts?

I'm not 100% sure,but i don't think he's a ufa so I'd pass.
as their captain,they'd set a high price for whoever was trying to aquire him and
I don't want the isles moving their youngsters for him.I want them letting these kids develop and seeing what they can do in the nhl.

Old
03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Worth noting that Doan has registered less than 20 points at even strength this year. Somewhat odd, yet worth considering when looking at his overall numbers.

I'm with Crew. He would not come inexpensively, and I would not want to mortgage what it would take to get him.

Frankly, I don't think the Coyotes are going to move him, depsite the whispers. They were talking on the Phoenix/LA game last night that after all of the non-stop trades they have made this season (leading to a total lack of team continuity) Gretzky and Barnett are determined to stick with their core.

Closed Thread