HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rinne a Vezina finalist for the second consecutive year.

Old
04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
This thread is about Rinne. If you want to argue back and forth about Legwand then please start a thread for it.

Thanks

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Don't see Rinne winning it even though he had the most wins and other than Hiller, had the most TOI.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I believe it's voted on at the end of the regular season.
Then I like this award even more. Hard to be swayed by strong playoff pushes when voting is already done. Sorry for being misinformed. If I had to guess how the finishing order were, I'd go:

Lundy
Quick
Rinne

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Violent By Design

Can't see Lundqvist losing this, but Pekka won't mind, he'll be too busy celebrating his Cup win and Conn Smythe

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
as to retiring numbers, I agree that should be rare.

I would rather take a page from UK basketball on this one... if they truly retired numbers there the new players would have about 3 choices left by now or else the NCAA would have to allow 3 digit numbers...

Instead of actually retiring a number, they honor the jersey by putting it in the rafters but future players are allowed to recycle the number...

Last edited by TMI: 04-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.
PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:00 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
Can't see Lundqvist losing this, but Pekka won't mind, he'll be too busy celebrating his Cup win and Conn Smythe
I like the way you think!

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

I would rather take a page from UK basketball on this one... if they truly retired numbers there the new players would have about 3 choices left by now or else the NCAA would have to allow 3 digit numbers...

Instead of actually retiring a number, they honor the jersey by putting it in the rafters but future players are allowed to recycle the number...
I thought UK only raise your jersey up if you finish 4 years of school?

Last edited by TMI: 04-26-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: edited quote
token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I see my warning went ignored last night, so let me try this again.

The next person to get involved with a Legwand debate in a thread that has nothing to do with Legwand will receive an infraction, and will be banned from the thread in which it happened. I am tired of this. I'm sure a lot of posters are tired of it. If you cannot stick to the topic then do not post. If you want to discuss a new topic, start a new thread. It is NOT that complicated.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I see my warning went ignored last night, so let me try this again.

The next person to get involved with a Legwand debate in a thread that has nothing to do with Legwand will receive an infraction, and will be banned from the thread in which it happened. I am tired of this. I'm sure a lot of posters are tired of it. If you cannot stick to the topic then do not post. If you want to discuss a new topic, start a new thread. It is NOT that complicated.
I think they were talking retiring Rinne's jersey with the last few posts... could be wrong though.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

That talk is fine. You can't see the posts to which I refer because they no longer exist

Old
04-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

I like the honored numbers thing as well.

In doing some research yesterday, I found that Detroit had retired Larry Aurie's #6 in 1938 and it was hung in the Olympia. However when Mike Ilitch bought the team, he did not hang #6 in Joe Louis because Aurie is not in the Hall of Fame... the number is not available for circulation on the Wings team. Kind of silly and for an organization that is all about being classy, somewhat classless. If you're not going to issue the number, at least respect the past and keep it in the rafters rather than ignore the 44 years that it hung there before you bought the team...

Anyhow, still too early to call Rinne's #35. You'd like to think that after his 7 year contract is up, if he maintains an elite level, that he would be close to consideration (it would give him 11 seasons of service to the Preds).

Overall, I do feel like the best candidates for jersey retirement are those who played their entire career in that jersey.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

maybe rather than retiring numbers to the rafters, nashville could start a ring of honor type deal. I think you would include only retired players, so only Fitzgerald would go right now, but in the future, rinne, legwand, erat, etc. Would be a nice way to honor them without the whole retired number bit

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
maybe rather than retiring numbers to the rafters, nashville could start a ring of honor type deal. I think you would include only retired players, so only Fitzgerald would go right now, but in the future, rinne, legwand, erat, etc. Would be a nice way to honor them without the whole retired number bit
Couldn't have said it any better, myself

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:25 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I like this idea.

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote