HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 7 | 4-26-2012 | Devils @ Panthers | 8:30 PM EDT | TV: NHL-N, TSN, FS FLA

Old
04-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Devils86

vCash: 500
Great series... You guys have Markstrom, Huberdeau coming and Grubanson is going to be a beast. Have a feeling this is the first year of a long playoff run. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Cup on the Beach in the next couple years.

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:27 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Great series all. A little "too" great, almost had a heart attack.

Felt bad for John Madden, I hope that wasnt the end of a career for him. I thought he was one of Florida's best players tonight, and I CALLED it when I said he'd return to the game even with all those stitches. Tough as nails. Hopefully Fl can build off the excitement of this series and capitalize next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post

I was humped by some NJ ****er as we were exiting.
Wait, what?

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:31 AM
TheEkbombIsReal
Paaaaaanthers

I am so sad by this loss, but seriously... I'm still proud of the boys.
Madden breaks his nose, gets stitches and returns to play. Flash plays with a broken hand. I can't say that this team didn't have heart.

They said we'd be dead last, or among the last in our conference. We wouldn't gel. After 2 months we were at the top of the NHL. Then they said it was a fluke and after our topline declines we will slowly fade. After we won our division they told us we won it because it was the weakest division this year - fluke season. When we finally made the playoffs they said we'd get swept, we pushed it to seven games.

This season was a joy, we certainly didn't make it easy for us but just making the playoffs was good enough for me. We got so good prospects that it can only get better after this. I'm excited to see what Tallon will do with this team in the summer and I'm even more excited to see Hubby next season.

I had a fun time talking to you guys, hopefully we can have some more fun for 4-6 months before the season starts.

In Tallon I trust.

TheEkbombIsReal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I didn't say Kulikov was untouchable. It's not silly to suggest he could be traded, what I think is silly is how everyone is throwing him under the bus now and thinking he is going to be on the trade block. Being available for the right price and being on the block are two different things. Even bad experiences in the playoffs can be good. Kuli didn't play like Gud did, but he could still be better for it in the long run. Lots of teams and players have to fail in the playoffs before they have success. If everyone only said Kulikov was bad this series, and that's it, that would have been fine. But more was said than that.
I think you should quote some of those.

The harshest thing I said about Kulikov was in the heat of the moment and I said "get off the ice." It was when he took the penalty after a horrendous shift, one of many tonight.

I think the majority realize that Kulikov has potential and has plenty of value.

I was the one who brought up the trade thing, but it was only an idea. The reason players are traded is often because they're good enough to get traded/bring back a good amount of value in return.

I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past Tallon. Let's face it, Tallon is an old-school mind. He desperately wants to win and he wears his heart on his sleeve. He didn't draft Kulikov and, quite frankly, I've noticed that he doesn't really draft Russians, for what it's worth. (has he even drafted a Russian player since he became a GM here?)

Not saying he has something against Russians in general, but there is a perception of underachievement about them around the league.

Maybe Kuli's not that type of guy and Tallon thinks the world of him. Idk. I do know that Tallon has basically erased the past before him and Kulikov is one of the few who's pre-Tallon. I don't think a weak playoff series helps his case as a core player in Tallon's eyes.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I actually don't like their team at all and I hope the Flyers embarrass them. Throughout the year, they never gave our team any credit and acted like they were entitled to dominate us before the game even started.

Tonight, I noticed one of their players shooting rats like they were pucks after the game.

I look forward to the Flyers dominating them and I also look forward to Steve Bernier looking like an AHL player again in this next series.
I agree with you. Many in the Devils fanbase did not give your team much credit, and did act like we were entitled to an automatic win. I wanted to face you guys more to do with the fact that I live in Florida, and it would be cool to see games in Florida, and go back home to Jersey for our home games. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little afraid of Pittsburgh though who got knocked on their ass in the first round in some embarrassing fashions at that. Believe it or not the Panthers were the only non divisional team in the league aside from Boston who swept us that beat the Devils more than once in regulation this season. We lost twice twice to Toronto. Once in regulation, and once in a shootout.

I found myself during this series being afraid of many of the Panthers quality's more so than some of the Penguins too.

I won't hold it against you for not liking the Devils as long as there are no hard feelings between us. Same with Bernier as long as you don't hold it against me for my Clemmer bashing!

I don't care if you don't like me or the Devils cause that's too bad cause I actually like you guys a lot!

Like I said I expect Florida to be even better next season. Also sorry for stupid antics Devils fans did. I made sure to shake hands with people, and would NEVER pull something like that especially not in the opponents own building. I cheer, and scream for the Devils, but would never do something ignorant like that. Not even in the Garden during Rangers game, or down in Philly for Flyers games, and I hate them a lot more than you guys! I don't hate you guys at all in fact I can't stop praising this team. A lot of respect for you, and your fans.

By the way as I said in here after game 2 I was glad to see the Panthers win a game at home in front of the fans!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
I think you should quote some of those.

The harshest thing I said about Kulikov was in the heat of the moment and I said "get off the ice." It was when he took the penalty after a horrendous shift, one of many tonight.

I think the majority realize that Kulikov has potential and has plenty of value.

I was the one who brought up the trade thing, but it was only an idea. The reason players are traded is often because they're good enough to get traded/bring back a good amount of value in return.

I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past Tallon. Let's face it, Tallon is an old-school mind. He desperately wants to win and he wears his heart on his sleeve. He didn't draft Kulikov and, quite frankly, I've noticed that he doesn't really draft Russians, for what it's worth (has he even drafted a Russian player since he became a GM here)?

Not saying he has something against Russians in general, but there is a perception of underachievement about them around the league.

Maybe Kuli's not that type of guy and Tallon thinks the world of him. Idk. I do know that Tallon has basically erased the past before him and Kulikov is one of the few who's pre-Tallon. I don't think a weak playoff series helps his case as a core player in Tallon's eyes.
You know what was said. Fine, you just brought up the trade thing as an idea. Let's leave it at that.

He did draft a Russian, Kosov in the 5th round last year. He traditionally does not like russians, but Kuli has shown in flashes that he's not a typical russian player. He throws some of the biggest hits for us every season, although he does not hit that much. The way I see him is he's a young player working through his kinks right now, and an injury threw a wrench in the works. We don't know how he will look in two years, he could look incredible or he could look like he's going down the wrong road. I really don't know how Tallon sees him, and I agree he could be moved in a trade if it brings back a star offensive talent. A weak series doesn't help Kuli's case, but I don't think it's the nail in the coffin, either.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I agree with you. Many in the Devils fanbase did not give your team much credit, and did act like we were entitled to an automatic win. I wanted to face you guys more to do with the fact that I live in Florida, and it would be cool to see games in Florida, and go back home to Jersey for our home games. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little afraid of Pittsburgh though who got knocked on their ass in the first round in some embarrassing fashions at that. Believe it or not the Panthers were the only non divisional team in the league aside from Boston who swept us that beat the Devils more than once in regulation this season. We lost twice twice to Toronto. Once in regulation, and once in a shootout. I found myself during this series being afraid of many of the Panthers quality's more so than some of the Penguins too. I won't hold it against you for not liking the Devils as long as there are no hard feelings between us. Same with Bernier as long as you don't hold it against me for my Clemmer bashing! I don't care if you don't like me or the Devils cause that's too bad cause I actually like you guys a lot! Like I said I expect Florida to be even better next season. Also sorry for stupid antics Devils fans did. I made sure to shake hands with people, and would NEVER pull something like that especially not in the opponents own building. I cheer, and scream for the Devils, but would never do something ignorant like that. Not even in the Garden during Rangers game, or down in Philly for Flyers games, and I hate them a lot more than you guys! I don't hate you guys at all in fact I can't stop praising this team. A lot of respect for you, and your fans. By the way as I said in here after game 2 I was glad to see the Panthers win a game at home in front of the fans!

I really have no problem with the fans; fans will be fans.

I don't like the Devils players. I feel like they've disrespected our team more than any other team this season.

Patrik Elias dismissed us as a one-line team earlier this season.
After we get a shutout in Game 5, Zach Parise shrugs it off and gives Jose Theodore no credit.

Our players never disrespected your team like that.

When your team lost, your players constantly acted like a bunch of brats postgame. It was annoying.

Nothing against the fans, I just hope your players get dominated by the Flyers.

And yes, the worst thing about this series is that the Devils won, in part because of Steve Bernier. I will never like Steve Bernier.
Just like you were hoping the Devils would embarrass Clemmer, I'm hoping the likes of Hartnell, etc. put Bernier back where he belongs...the AHL.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Funny thing about Bernier is his only regular season goal came against Clemmensen, and the Panthers, and so did his playoff goals. He was to Clemmensen what Versteeg was to Marty.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Parise. I love him as a player though sometimes has been known to say stupid things. He's got quite the ego too. The Devils were shut out by Islanders rookie Andres Nilsson in his first NHL start. In his post game interview he said the same thing about Nilsson as he did to Theodore.

''No disrespect to Nilsson, but we didn't really challenge him.'' In a sense Parise was right, because that day they didn't really challenge him. I personally thought Theodore's shutout was MUCH more deserving. Next weekend we go back to the Island, and they start Nilsson again. This time he was really challenged though. It took until a minute 30 seconds left in the game for us to score, and 33 shots or something as opposed to the 23 or whatever the week before. Clarkson got an opening between the post. Then we got a PP, and Zidlicky blasted a shot in with Nilsson screeened. The whole game I was wondering what Zach would say in the interview post game before we scored on him.

I give Theodore credit. We were shutout by Nilsson, Lundqvist, and Bryzgalov twice this season. Giguere, and the Avs too, but Marty shut them out, and we won in shootout.

The Devils went to longest in the league this year between shutouts against. From game 1 of the season against Bryz, and the Flyers to February 27th against Lundqvist, and the Rangers.

If you really want the Devils to get destroyed get a load of Bryzgalov's record against us this season. 0.29 GAA, 987% save percentage, 1 goal on 76 shots, 208 minutes of playing time, and 2 shutouts. Also came in for relief of Bobrovsky, and didn't give up a single goal. You'll feel pretty bad about the Devils chances facing that!

Old
04-27-2012, 03:28 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

I can't even express my disappointment, we were so close. Yes we had a great season, but when you're here it's frustration and disappointing. That OT goal was extremely soft, both on Theo and Matthias (missed the bouncing puck twice). And to see the Devils move on with those fans, it's even worse. Wouldn't be so upset if it was someone else, but when it those whiny Devil fans and **** Parise..

No words, just extremely disappointed right now..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Erick

Quote:
Funny thing about Bernier is his only regular season goal came against Clemmensen, and the Panthers, and so did his playoff goals. He was to Clemmensen what Versteeg was to Marty. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Parise. I love him as a player though sometimes has been known to say stupid things. He's got quite the ego too. The Devils were shut out by Islanders rookie Andres Nilsson in his first NHL start. In his post game interview he said the same thing about Nilsson as he did to Theodore. ''No disrespect to Nilsson, but we didn't really challenge him.'' In a sense Parise was right, because that day they didn't really challenge him. I personally thought Theodore's shutout was MUCH more deserving. Next weekend we go back to the Island, and they start Nilsson again. This time he was really challenged though. It took until a minute 30 seconds left in the game for us to score, and 33 shots or something as opposed to the 23 or whatever the week before. Clarkson got an opening between the post. Then we got a PP, and Zidlicky blasted a shot in with Nilsson screeened. The whole game I was wondering what Zach would say in the interview post game before we scored on him. I give Theodore credit. We were shutout by Nilsson, Lundqvist, and Bryzgalov twice this season. Giguere, and the Avs too, but Marty shut them out, and we won in shootout. The Devils went to longest in the league this year between shutouts against. From game 1 of the season against Bryz, and the Flyers to February 27th against Lundqvist, and the Rangers. If you really want the Devils to get destroyed get a load of Bryzgalov's record against us this season. 0.29 GAA, 987% save percentage, 1 goal on 76 shots, 208 minutes of playing time, and 2 shutouts. Also came in for relief of Bobrovsky, and didn't give up a single goal. You'll feel pretty bad about the Devils chances facing that!
It's based on a small sample.

If there's one reason why the Devils might have a legit shot in that series, it's because Bryzgalov sucks.

Pittsburgh exposed him as well except the Penguins forgot what defense and goaltending was in the process.

I think the Flyers are the better team but there's immense pressure for Flyers goalies in the playoffs and Bryzgalov has been inconsistent all year so that wouldn't really be my worry.

I'd be worried about Brodeur. I thought he was very average overall against the Panthers (although he saved his best for Game 7, apparently) and the Flyers offense is certainly better than the Panthers offense.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:36 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Great series all. A little "too" great, almost had a heart attack.

Felt bad for John Madden, I hope that wasnt the end of a career for him. I thought he was one of Florida's best players tonight, and I CALLED it when I said he'd return to the game even with all those stitches. Tough as nails. Hopefully Fl can build off the excitement of this series and capitalize next year.

Wait, what?
Just some imbecile going behind Panthers fans and air humping. Drunk, as they all were.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
It's based on a small sample.

If there's one reason why the Devils might have a legit shot in that series, it's because Bryzgalov sucks.

Pittsburgh exposed him as well except the Penguins forgot what defense and goaltending was in the process.

I think the Flyers are the better team but there's immense pressure for Flyers goalies in the playoffs and Bryzgalov has been inconsistent all year so that wouldn't really be my worry.

I'd be worried about Brodeur. I thought he was very average overall against the Panthers (although he saved his best for Game 7, apparently) and the Flyers offense is certainly better than the Panthers offense.
I think you gotta worry more about the Flyers offensive firepower. I can't say the Devils are the better team either I really can't.

I don't see why we can't score a couple softy's on Bryz even if we wind up giving up 10 goals to those guys.

Marty had a horrible first half of the season. I don't know if he was injured, but lots of weak, and soft goals. He did have one of the best second half numbers in the league among goaltenders. All of his shutouts for the season came then, and he had a 921 save percentage and a 2.05 GAA for the post ASB as opposed to the dreadful 894 save percentage, 2.77 GAA pre ASB.

He had a so so series here, but I liked his play tonight. Might have stolen us the game. None of the goaltenders were too bad in our series despite getting pulled, and bad save percentages in some games.

I can actually see Theodore becoming our goaltender in 2013 if he isn't re signed by the Panthers. It wouldn't surprise me. I would take him over Chokoun anyday. Nothing personal if you guys are fans of Tomas.

Old
04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Wasn't able to see last nights game, just saw the highlights.

1) What chances we had to end it. 30 seconds before regulation was over and Madden i OT.
2) Looked like a game we should have won.
3) The crowd was amazing, I got chills on my back. Maybe the best atmosphere I've seen in any of the playoff-games so far.

GO CATS GO!

Old
04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
battlingBard56

Uhh I'm sorry. But please don't judge this fan base based on a couple idiots please.
Don't paint us with a broad brush based on a couple douchers. You can see on our board as well as on the mainboard and here, nothing but classy comments from us Devils fans; utmost respect for you and your team.

Phenomenal series. You guys have a lot to be proud of. Expect you guys to be even tougher/better next season.

battlingBard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 05:46 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

And people saying trade Kulikov, need to think twice. He is 22.

Matthias has just as much fault as him, and Theo wasn't at his best there either.

Still pissed off after this loss, unfair.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Acadmus

God, I hope people don't start getting back into the attitudes they had in the late 90s that saw players like Jovonovski get so gunshy due to crowd disapproval that he had to be traded (we were lucky to land Bure in that).

Anyway - disappointed to see the final score this morning but not surprised. I went to bed after the first OT thinking New Jersey would likely win since they definitely had the advantage when it came to scoring a goal (more snipers). And I wanted payback for the 2000 drubbing the Panthers got at the hands of this same team.

At least the series was as close as can be in the end - Yahoo had a good breakdown of the season, including all regular season and playoff games the teams met 11 times. New Jersey won 6, the Panthers won 5 and the goals scored were 29-28. The team simply isn't that far behind the Devils and managed to come back and drag last night into a fifth period after coming back to drag game 6 into a 4th.

Some youth and high-end talent is coming into this team in the next year or two, and the Panthers will be crossing the threshhold from playoff also-ran to contender...and hopefully even that threshhold to becoming an elite team in the NHL. Fans need to be patient. This team is so far ahead of where it's been the last 10 years, how can you not be optimistic? Tallon is working magic.

04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
And people saying trade Kulikov, need to think twice. He is 22.

Matthias has just as much fault as him, and Theo wasn't at his best there either.

Still pissed off after this loss, unfair.
It happens, what are we going to do? Im sure nobody knows the type of pressure these players feel during a game seven, in double overtime no less. What happened last night might sting us for a while, but its great experience for these youngsters, and even someone like Weiss, and they have something to fall back on if we are in a similar position come next post season.

And unless you are signing Suter in the offseason, you dont give up a young player like Kulikov. Dmen dont enter their prime years until the late 20s, and if he is this good now, its scary to think how good he can be in 3-4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
God, I hope people don't start getting back into the attitudes they had in the late 90s that saw players like Jovonovski get so gunshy due to crowd disapproval that he had to be traded (we were lucky to land Bure in that).

Anyway - disappointed to see the final score this morning but not surprised. I went to bed after the first OT thinking New Jersey would likely win since they definitely had the advantage when it came to scoring a goal (more snipers). And I wanted payback for the 2000 drubbing the Panthers got at the hands of this same team.

At least the series was as close as can be in the end - Yahoo had a good breakdown of the season, including all regular season and playoff games the teams met 11 times. New Jersey won 6, the Panthers won 5 and the goals scored were 29-28. The team simply isn't that far behind the Devils and managed to come back and drag last night into a fifth period after coming back to drag game 6 into a 4th.

Some youth and high-end talent is coming into this team in the next year or two, and the Panthers will be crossing the threshhold from playoff also-ran to contender...and hopefully even that threshhold to becoming an elite team in the NHL. Fans need to be patient. This team is so far ahead of where it's been the last 10 years, how can you not be optimistic? Tallon is working magic.
The series was evenly matched, at least in our eyes, and we needed a series like this to prove that to the rest of the NHL world. There were times we outplayed them, and there were times we got outplayed, but the series was a match up between two evenly matched teams, and we just happen to come up short.

I too am excited about the future. Tallon is going to have a lot of options over the next couple of seasons, and if all things pan out, at worst, we are going to be a perennial playoff team, with an above average chance to be an elite team in the league. We have been through 10 years of mediocrity, and we deserve what the rest of the decade will hopefully bring us!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

good series guys, and a lot of hot chicks at your games. so who is the real winner here?

congrats on a great season, see you next year

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:07 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

I don't care if you don't like me or the Devils cause that's too bad cause I actually like you guys a lot!
Not sure whats going on here but i Enjoyed all your posts across the boards. You had only good things to say all series long.

Next year come to the arena, and if your wearing a Panthers hat (even if accompanied by a devils jersey) the beer at Budweiser terrace is on me.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:09 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
Uhh I'm sorry. But please don't judge this fan base based on a couple idiots please.
Don't paint us with a broad brush based on a couple douchers. You can see on our board as well as on the mainboard and here, nothing but classy comments from us Devils fans; utmost respect for you and your team.

Phenomenal series. You guys have a lot to be proud of. Expect you guys to be even tougher/better next season.
Nah..Most of your guys are very cool. Good luck next series.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:16 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Still need time for intelligent rather than emotional comments, after work I'll watch the highlights. But a few more in arena observations:

fans attending were incredible. NO ONES SAT AFTER WEISS GOAL ALL THE WAY THRU double OT. I grew up at MSG, and this was equally loud.

Clarkson is an embarrassment both to the fine Devil org. And to the NHL. Even the devil fan sitting near me apologized to our entire row for his antics. His soccer like shticks were the only sad entity to an otherwise great game you could be a pest like kopescky, who caused the tying goal, without being a pathetic soul..

Madden is sick.

Yea kulikov sucked last night, but so what. He's 22 and honestly I've said this b4 this was more about the young guys learning playoff hockey and getting hungry. Kulikov Guds gman mathias etal are better hockey players than they were preseries.

Flash has a broken hand ..explains why he hasn't been the finisher he should be this series. Man what a warrior.

Last edited by adam graves: 04-27-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old
04-27-2012, 08:48 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

If this hasn't been posted

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Great season. You guys remind me of Tampa Bay in 2003. Just one or two pieces away from being a legit cup contender.

Remember, as painful as it is to lose a series like that, it's part of the growing process. Imagine losing a game like this with a trip to the SCF on the line?

That's what happened to us in 1994. Next year we won it all. Would not have happened without the growing experience of 1994. Panthers will be a force in the years to come. Your days of picking in the top 5 are over.

Congrads on a great year.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
I was coming down on Flash pretty hard for him being completely invisible this series. Raining Rats said he was injured, and he was right. I wasn't sure what to think because Flash normally is a pretty streaky forward anyway. Would just be hard to believe for him to be slumping so hard in the playoffs. Now since learning he had a broken hand, it makes a lot more sense. How are you supposed to do your job (score goals) playing with one healthy hand? Nearly impossible. Feel bad for the guy but major respect for playing through it. Echoing RainingRats here but, why did dineen keep him on the top line? Doesn't make sense.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

I still speculate that kulikov has not been the same since coming back from injury in march. He could very well still be injured.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote