HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF: New York Rangers (1) vs Washington Capitals (7)

Old
04-27-2012, 08:01 AM
blue425

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
For a team with such a horrific playoff history....their fans really shouldnt be saying a word.
I said it once and I'll say it again: I'm staying far away from the Stanley Cup board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC24 View Post
Caps fan here to say that any fan who thinks we will win this series easily, if at all, is smokin' the good stuff. They tend to be fans who started watching hockey in '05.

As I said on the main board

D - Rangers
Goal - Rangers
Top end players - Even
Grinders - Even
Coaching - Rangers
Special Teams - Even

The only way I see us winning is if Ovie shows up big and Gaborik continues to be pretty quiet. I think our 3rd/4th lines probably cancel each other out.

X-factor is definitely RC24, his presence can not be underestimated and the 'newbie' Cap fans will soon see just how much of a factor he is on a series.

Really at this point this is bonus hockey for the Caps and the hard core fans all know this. Obviously hoping for victory (heart) but thinking Rangers in 6 (head).

Good luck!
Respect. I won't wish Washington luck, but I will toast to hard fought playoff hockey.

May the better team prevail!

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Jackson Ranger

Green scares me a bit. Like Staal, I think he is starting to find his game. If he has a good series, the Rangers could be in trouble.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
I think Caps fans have every right to be confident about this series. Just defeated the reigning Stanley Cup champs (which none of the "experts" said would happen) and have knocked the Rangers out of the playoffs twice in recent years.

Every fanbase gloats. There is probably some of that going on the Rangers' board, too.
If you read these boards, fans here are confident because we are the #1 seed and rightfully so. Still there is some trepidation here. The Caps fans think this will be a cakewalk. Let's talk about why it won't be so easy for Washington.

1. No physical intimidation/Chris Neil type factor. The Caps don't have any players like that to get under the Rangers collective skin.
2. The Caps don't have a Konopka that would win 75% of his faceoffs taken which was the main reason the Rangers PP sucked as well as why the Rangers wound up pinned in their own zone so much.
3. The Rangers were better than Boston this year. 3-1 head to head.
4. The last 2 series with Washington mean nothing but maybe a revenge factor working for the Rangers.
5. Rangers didn't have Callahan last year nor Brad Richards.
6. Ovechkin is NOT the same player as his reputation suggests.
7. The Rangers speed factor. Kreider & Hagelin are two of the fastest skaters in the league (both top 5 in speed) and they will be all over the Caps defense forcing rushed passes and turnovers.
8. Ottawa was a better offensive team than Washington this season and we kept their scoring to a minimum.
9. No Erik Karlsson on the Caps. Green is a shell of his former self.
10. The Rangers defense routinely shuts down the oppositions stars. People will have a greater appreciation for Ryan McDonagh when this series is over. Just ask the Sens fans.

Do I think the Rangers will win? Yes. Will it be easy? Of course not. It will go 6-7 games.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
JHaggis

I think Caps is snack to Rangers.

Caps goalie situation is not good enought and they not have enought stars to make good play.

JHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:31 AM
bgroban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
If you read these boards, fans here are confident because we are the #1 seed and rightfully so. Still there is some trepidation here. The Caps fans think this will be a cakewalk. Let's talk about why it won't be so easy for Washington.

1. No physical intimidation/Chris Neil type factor. The Caps don't have any players like that to get under the Rangers collective skin.
2. The Caps don't have a Konopka that would win 75% of his faceoffs taken which was the main reason the Rangers PP sucked as well as why the Rangers wound up pinned in their own zone so much.
3. The Rangers were better than Boston this year. 3-1 head to head.
4. The last 2 series with Washington mean nothing but maybe a revenge factor working for the Rangers.
5. Rangers didn't have Callahan last year nor Brad Richards.
6. Ovechkin is NOT the same player as his reputation suggests.
7. The Rangers speed factor. Kreider & Hagelin are two of the fastest skaters in the league (both top 5 in speed) and they will be all over the Caps defense forcing rushed passes and turnovers.
8. Ottawa was a better offensive team than Washington this season and we kept their scoring to a minimum.
9. No Erik Karlsson on the Caps. Green is a shell of his former self.
10. The Rangers defense routinely shuts down the oppositions stars. People will have a greater appreciation for Ryan McDonagh when this series is over. Just ask the Sens fans.

Do I think the Rangers will win? Yes. Will it be easy? Of course not. It will go 6-7 games.
I said Caps in 7, so I am with you on the length.

Do not let a few Caps fans on HFB give you a false impression of what the majority of us are thinking - the Rangers are a tough, determined team that generally plays disciplined hockey. The Caps will have their hands full.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
thepoeticgoblin

vCash: 750
I love it. This matchup is going to be thriller. I did NOT want Caps in round 1, as I had this feeling they'd prove to be a better playoff team under Hunter and I have to say I was proven right there. However, I did at the same time seriously underestimate the Sens so..

I'll say like this.. Any team that boasts names like Ovechkin, Semin, Green and especially Bäckström are a threat to any team. I know that they have all struggled this year, except Nicky, but make no mistake: They are great, great players. If Holtby stands on his head this series too, we are up for a treat here.

Still, I'm going 4-2 Rangers. We managed to tackle the biggest(?) obstacle, winning round 1 as the No.1 seed, and all that comes with that +... We have Hank in the net.

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Two Tone Malone
Let Blaine Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
I said Caps in 7, so I am with you on the length.

Do not let a few Caps fans on HFB give you a false impression of what the majority of us are thinking - the Rangers are a tough, determined team that generally plays disciplined hockey. The Caps will have their hands full.
Had to do a double take, b/c of your avatar I thought you were a rangers fan picking caps to win.

Two Tone Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Can't believe this starts so early! Good thing our guys are already in New York!

I want revenge. I think we get it, too. The Caps will be a tough team. They are coming into the series very confident knowing they beat us out twice in recent years. We have to be mentally prepared as well. I'm a little worried about scoring goals.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
mug25

People are forgetting that Hunter reduced Ovechkin's ice time drastically.

He played under 15:00 the other night didn't he? As usual, I'd worry about Semin...

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Yep, Semin is a Rangers killer. ****er always scores.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Let's win the series 4-0 and rest a few days more...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
nevesis

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I get to have to look at my all time hated Hockey Player, Dale Hunter. It's like he came back from the dead. The guy was nothing but a disgrace as a player. I have zero respect for him.
then you will be overjoyed to know they retired his number in DC. pretty pathetic imo.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Can't believe this starts so early! Good thing our guys are already in New York!

I want revenge. I think we get it, too. The Caps will be a tough team. They are coming into the series very confident knowing they beat us out twice in recent years. We have to be mentally prepared as well. I'm a little worried about scoring goals.
I am not worried at all. Having Hagelin back, and now with the infusion of Kreider, I am more confident in this team than ever before. Hopefully Boyle can get back soon.

Not cocky, but extremely confident in our boys and our system. Bring them ON.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
crisb

Not an easy series whatsoever. Holtby will give us problems.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisb View Post
Not an easy series whatsoever. Holtby will give us problems.
No he won't. We are going to give him problems. Our offense is going to exploit the **** out of the Caps defense. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

3 keys to winning this series, IMO:

1. Stay out of the box.
2. Get in hard on the forecheck. Their D can be rattled and their forwards spend a lot of time chasing pucks in their own end.
3. Make simple plays. Don't try and out skill them. Play Ranger hockey.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
ZacUSNYR

It seems like the capitals hand the rangers the exit every time we hit the playoffs lately. Hope that turns around this time. Won't be easy.

Going to be an interesting series. I just hope no one gets injured (In blue, of course). lol

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Levitate

Man I need to avoid hfboards.

Too many people crapping on the other teams on the main board and it's just dumb. Caps don't have this in the bag, Rangers don't have this in the bag, it should be a close series.

Of course I hope the Rangers will win...I think they have a very good shot, but it just drives me nuts when people are like "hah, Rangers have no chance the Caps just destroyed Boston and the Rangers suck hard and aren't as good as Boston this will be over quick" and things like that.

Same for Rangers fans putting down the Caps...they didn't get to the second round by being terrible and they played a lot of really close games. Rangers will be toughing out another close series IMO

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Rangers win in 6.

I HATE Capital "fans". They are so fake.

04-27-2012, 09:57 AM
satrabyk

What a game! I was yelling EAT IT EAT IT for about the last 15 mins when Ott was putting on the pressure. They just didnt stop and really played a good game and a great series. Probably the best series ive watched, since i was only 4 at Cup run. Its great the Rangers came up on top, great effort by all four lines, but a big mention goes to the Cally Stepan and Krieder line. Im sorry but Krieder played a fantastic game and Stepan came up huge again. Stall i always knew was a playoff performer and has increased his mins and what a beauty jumping in the rush, good to see him score and keep getting his game back to what it was.

Now we have Wash going to be another tough one maybe even 7, they are playing a very different style if people have noticed, it should be interesting.

BTW what a kid that Karlsson is, even Gonchar those 2 D man made my stomach turn every time they had the puck. Constant threats. This is one thing i wont miss is having to deal with Karlsson every game.

Last edited by satrabyk: 04-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Man I need to avoid hfboards.

Too many people crapping on the other teams on the main board and it's just dumb. Caps don't have this in the bag, Rangers don't have this in the bag, it should be a close series.

Of course I hope the Rangers will win...I think they have a very good shot, but it just drives me nuts when people are like "hah, Rangers have no chance the Caps just destroyed Boston and the Rangers suck hard and aren't as good as Boston this will be over quick" and things like that.

Same for Rangers fans putting down the Caps...they didn't get to the second round by being terrible and they played a lot of really close games. Rangers will be toughing out another close series IMO
Those fans ovbiosuly arent fans who have watched all season. If they have they would know with the arrival of Krieder and how that has created another line of offensive threat with Stepans elevation. Not to mention Gaborik might pick it up in 1 or 2 games this series, and the D and of course Henrik, the Rangers will have a good chance. No i dont think either team will win easy or anything but be sure if your the Rangers to D up vs every line not just focus on the Ovi line as there so called bottom 2 lines are expected to score and do so pretty good.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
I get to have to look at my all time hated Hockey Player, Dale Hunter. It's like he came back from the dead. The guy was nothing but a disgrace as a player. I have zero respect for him.
Definitely one of my most hated as well. The cheap shot on Pierre Turgeon during the '93 playoffs ranks up there with Bertuzzi and McSorely as one of the most disgusting hockey incidents I've seen in my time.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
NYR Viper

If the Rangers can get in and hit and disrupt the Caps defense they will win. If the Caps defense is able to move the puck quickly up to their skilled forwards it may be a much tougher series than even the 1st round....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
3 keys to winning this series, IMO:

1. Stay out of the box.
2. Get in hard on the forecheck. Their D can be rattled and their forwards spend a lot of time chasing pucks in their own end.
3. Make simple plays. Don't try and out skill them. Play Ranger hockey.
Exactly true do not try and outskill them, play the tough grind out style with hard forecheck and of course rely on Hank to make all those longer shots as we cant be chasing against this team they have couple play makers who will make us pay.