HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
  #76
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
I see Tencer must've been boozing last night.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
  #77
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Honestly, there aren't a lot of Edmonton radio guys I really like, Rishaug is good but doesn;t have his own show, Gregor's ok. Millard and Flaming are easily the cream of the crop but their show is catered to the more hardcore fan.

It's actually sad, I'm sure half the posters here could do a better job and would be more knowledgeable then half the guys actually in the radio.
I missed this compliment until now... I appreciate any and all feedback about The Pipeline Show and my personal performance so thank you for your kind words. It means a lot.

- Guy

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
  #78
DousedInOil
Registered User
 
DousedInOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I missed this compliment until now... I appreciate any and all feedback about The Pipeline Show and my personal performance so thank you for your kind words. It means a lot.

- Guy
Definitely the best show on the team 1260!

DousedInOil is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
  #79
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down
 
oilers2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 203
I don't like millard cuz hes in favor of trading yakupov..
I like flaming

oilers2k10 is offline  
Old
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
  #80
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
It always seemed like Strudwick was the perfect depth player who is awesome in the locker room and with young players. After reading his posts on ON (which are really insightful if you haven't checked them out) and hearing him on the radio, this guy seems like an absolute class act and down to earth guy. The Oilers would be wise to bring him into the fold (maybe in a player development role ala Sillinger or assistant in OKC or something).

Skm is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:01 AM
  #81
IBleedOil247
Registered User
 
IBleedOil247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,101
vCash: 681
What ever is going on this morning with the morning show this morning.....brutal

How to kill a Radio Show: 101 - Have Will Fraser host and who ever is along side him this morning....completely terrible

I'd take 10 Kyle Chases over that

IBleedOil247 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
  #82
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedOil247 View Post
What ever is going on this morning with the morning show this morning.....brutal

How to kill a Radio Show: 101 - Have Will Fraser host and who ever is along side him this morning....completely terrible

I'd take 10 Kyle Chases over that
Apparently it's Jim Jerome? No idea who he is but he is awful. According to wiki he was fired in February from an Ottawa station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Guys_on_the_Radio

Skm is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
  #83
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Who the heck is the clown filling in this morning?

A tip...finished sentances are a good idea when on the radio! Let other people finish theirs, and just as importantly finish your own sentances.

"They are making a remake of Top Gun, (annoying Tom Cruise laugh),Tom Cruise and Val....Kelly Mcgillis is Canadian (no she isn't) Sylvester Stalone now looks like Joan Rivers (annoying Tom Cruise laugh) he gets so much work done, instead of getting her lips done, Kelly McGillis should get her knees done, can we talk about broads, skirts, tomatoes?, I think my dog is sexy, Oooo...look at that it's shiny, ya...I don't know anything about football."

Not to mention cutting off anyone else who tries to say anything with his edgy "Witisms".

Awesome sports radio...AWESOME!

Seeya on Monday 1260...I had to change it.

ekcut is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  #84
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Apparently it's Jim Jerome? No idea who he is but he is awful. According to wiki he was fired in February from an Ottawa station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Guys_on_the_Radio
Is that the same Jim Jerome who was on K-rock for a bit? I think after Terry Bill and steve got the axe a few years ago.
I rememember how he kept talking about how he was tight with Wayne Gretzky and would name drop him every show. (no seriously...EVERY show it was "I was talking with Wayne this weekend and....)

I didn't care for him, but he was no where near as annoying as today. I actually recal him being dull.....assuming it's the same guy.

ekcut is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
  #85
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
Attention Team 1260: Do not ever ask this Jim Jerome guy to co-host ever again. Seriously.

Valic is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
  #86
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Is that the same Jim Jerome who was on K-rock for a bit? I think after Terry Bill and steve got the axe a few years ago.
I rememember how he kept talking about how he was tight with Wayne Gretzky and would name drop him every show. (no seriously...EVERY show it was "I was talking with Wayne this weekend and....)

I didn't care for him, but he was no where near as annoying as today. I actually recal him being dull.....assuming it's the same guy.
Yeah I think it is the same guy. He seems to know nothing about sports.

Skm is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 10:16 AM
  #87
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
How the hell do you not know Portland won last night when you are going to talk about the Oil Kings?

Really, you'd think that knowing who the Oil Kings play in the WHL final if they win tonight would be somewhat important.

Then to say Joe Morrow doesn't play for Portland.

Valic is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 10:22 AM
  #88
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Jesus Ron Rimmer would be better than this guy.

Reimer is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM
  #89
OvenChicken8
Registered User
 
OvenChicken8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Attention Team 1260: Do not ever ask this Jim Jerome guy to co-host ever again. Seriously.
This!

The guys is terrible. This is the first show I've had to just turn off and not listen too since Chase was still on.

OvenChicken8 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #90
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Yeah I think it is the same guy. He seems to know nothing about sports.
So he is a natural for sports radio.

I know nothing about brain surgery, but I'll be performing opperations at the UofA hospital this week while their usual guy is on holidays...

ekcut is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
  #91
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
So he is a natural for sports radio.

I know nothing about brain surgery, but I'll be performing opperations at the UofA hospital this week while their usual guy is on holidays...
Haha, well if you are friends with one of the other surgeons then I guess you're qualified!

Skm is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
  #92
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
I am generally not this critical...but Guy...Lowetide....Corey....Millard...Rishaug....Sp ector....Brownlee......no one was available this morning? This was the worst show on the Team 1260 in the history of the station. Jake from Bryn and Jake was a sports encyclopedia compared to Jim Jerome. "Do you guys ever talk about broads? Girls, how you get a man is to give it up on the first date."

Seriously?

Slats432 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
  #93
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
I am generally not this critical...but Guy...Lowetide....Corey....Millard...Rishaug....Sp ector....Brownlee......no one was available this morning? This was the worst show on the Team 1260 in the history of the station. Jake from Bryn and Jake was a sports encyclopedia compared to Jim Jerome. "Do you guys ever talk about broads? Girls, how you get a man is to give it up on the first date."

Seriously?
Getting up at 4:30-5:00 in the morning probably doesn't work for a lot of those guys. Really can't see Spector getting up before noon to be honest.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
  #94
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Getting up at 4:30-5:00 in the morning probably doesn't work for a lot of those guys. Really can't see Spector getting up before noon to be honest.
My suggestion is anyone would have been better....throwing out the entire roster with hopes that someone might come on.

This is on you Neilson....ON YOU! (Triathalon my ass. )



Slats432 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM
  #95
JessikaLovejoy
Registered User
 
JessikaLovejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
wow you guys are harsh!

I need to hear this.

JessikaLovejoy is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
  #96
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
Jake from Bryn and Jake was a sports encyclopedia compared to Jim Jerome. "Do you guys ever talk about broads? Girls, how you get a man is to give it up on the first date."
Unfortunately I can confirm this as being a direct quote. So bad...

Skm is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
  #97
Dave Chung
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
It was so bad that i even skipped Tim Hortons drive thru just so I can get to work faster

Dave Chung is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
  #98
wraezor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I have to confess, shamefully, that I loled a few times at him. Not something I'd want every day, but no, not worse than Chase.

wraezor is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
  #99
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 50
I didn't hear it. Is there a link?

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
  #100
Baby Nilsson
Registered User
 
Baby Nilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Apparently it's Jim Jerome? No idea who he is but he is awful. According to wiki he was fired in February from an Ottawa station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Guys_on_the_Radio
Jungle Jim, from Power 92?? (I think)

Baby Nilsson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.