HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quick gets snubbed for the Hart

Old
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quick gets snubbed for the Hart

Finalists are Malkin, Stamkos, and.........Lundqvist. What? How in the world is Lundqvist a Hart finalist over Quick. Yes, I know Malkin is going to win and in the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter, but this is just stupid.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
YP44

Although I think Quick would have been in the running I have to believe Grioux is a bigger snub. I wouldn't say over Lundquist I would say over Stamkos as I like players who lead their teams into the playoffs not just shy of a lottery pick.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Uh....

....East. Coast. Bias.

West coast teams start at 10:30 pm...nobody is watching from the East coast. Unless a player has an unbelievable season, they aren't going to be noticed. Doughty got his Norris nod because of his Olympics hype. People started watching him more after the Olympics.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Although I think Quick would have been in the running I have to believe Grioux is a bigger snub. I wouldn't say over Lundquist I would say over Stamkos as I like players who lead their teams into the playoffs not just shy of a lottery pick.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Giroux is a MUCH bigger snub IMO. Lundquist deserves to be there...Stamkos? Not so much.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:43 AM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Stamkos? Stamkos?.....how is he the most valuable to his team when they didn't even make the playoffs...?

Sure 60 goals in this era is great, but come on people....not being a LA homer here , but without quick , we would be picking in the top 5...Even Giroux over stamkos....Giroux carried the flyers on his back....he was there horse....

Malkin and lundqvist....sure...but not stamkos

robitaillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
It's funny, because the finalists should have totally been Malkin, Giroux, and Quick. Stamkos wins the Richard, in no way does his 60 goals make him one of the top three most valuable members of their team in the league when the Lightning had an awful year

Old
04-27-2012, 11:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I think that, outside of some absolutely brilliant season, no one who misses the playoffs should get the Hart.

I think Quick and Giroux are the two biggest snubs, and would put those two in with Malkin.

I'm not sure how the voters can say Quick was less than Lundqvist. I'd rather they leave all goalies off than snub Quick. I think Quick was actually more deserving of the Hart than the Vezina.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

yeah i think giroux is a bigger snub and i honestly dont think stamkos should be on that list, because his team didnt make the playoffs.

lunqvuist is great but quick deserved to be there over him. oh well lunqvuist isnt gonna win so who cares.

who votes for the hart?

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. Giroux is a MUCH bigger snub IMO. Lundquist deserves to be there...Stamkos? Not so much.
How so? The Rangers are still battling for a playoff spot without him while the Kings get a top 5 pick without Quick. Quick played behind the 29th ranked offense while Hank's was 11th. Hank/Quick can be argued all day for the Vezina, for the Hart, it shouldn't be close

Old
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's almost totally appalling. I say 'almost' because I kind of expected it. Sigh.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
yeah i think giroux is a bigger snub and i honestly dont think stamkos should be on that list, because his team didnt make the playoffs.

lunqvuist is great but quick deserved to be there over him. oh well lunqvuist isnt gonna win so who cares.

who votes for the hart?
Writers

Old
04-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Malkin has already won the Hart in a landslide. The others are just for 2nd and 3rd place.

This voting probably wasn't even close.

The Vezina should be a closer race between Lundqvist and Quick.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:51 AM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Writers
i figured

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
fyrescorp

Saying the Kings are a top 5 pick without Quick says a lot about Bernier....

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
How so? The Rangers are still battling for a playoff spot without him while the Kings get a top 5 pick without Quick. Quick played behind the 29th ranked offense while Hank's was 11th. Hank/Quick can be argued all day for the Vezina, for the Hart, it shouldn't be close
I'm not saying he deserves to be there any more/less than Quick, but looking at the three people nominated, Lundquist had an amazing season. Sure, Quick deserves it, but you have to remember who votes for this award. You will always get east coast bias (though it isn't right), and Lundquist had been everything to the Rangers in the past. The way I look at it, he HAS been in Quick's position before, being the only thing that was going right for his team in years past and got snubbed. Now Quick is in the position.

The Rangers over-achieved this year, and part of that is because of Lundquist. They almost won the President's Trophy. The Kings under-achieved and squeaked into the playoffs because of Quick.

I'm not saying it's right that Lundquist is there, and not Quick, but you should be MUCH more pissed about Stamkos there. His team is a lottery picking team. They were not going to put two goalies up for the Hart. It's just fact. Lundquist is the more popular guy (and the Rangers a more popular team) in the media. Plain and simple.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
jml87

Quick should be over Lundqvist, and Giroux should be over Stamkos. The Hart trophy is about carrying your team to success even if it seems like you are the only one out there on the ice at times. Lundqvist does not make the Rangers and Stamkos couldn't even get his team to the playoffs. But once again writers are blinded by goal amounts and star power.

Whatever, I'm sure Giroux and Quick could care less. They are more interested in a Cup than some political ******** star trophy.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
WOW!!! They give Lundqvist the Hart nod?!?!!? That pretty much guarantees that he won the Vezina. That is just a slap in the face of every person living on the west coast. That is pure ridiculousness. Definitely won't be watching the awards this year. What a joke.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
Saying the Kings are a top 5 pick without Quick says a lot about Bernier....
Says more about Quick

Old
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Uh....

....East. Coast. Bias.

West coast teams start at 10:30 pm...nobody is watching from the East coast. Unless a player has an unbelievable season, they aren't going to be noticed. Doughty got his Norris nod because of his Olympics hype. People started watching him more after the Olympics.
The Hart is voted on by the Hockey Writers Association. Its these guys jobs to write about hockey, what excuse do they have for going to bed early?

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

This is what happens when writers have a say in anything....

I seriously don't get why they have a say...

I agree with others Malkin, Giroux, and Quick should be the finalist. The fact that Lundqvist and Stamkos are on the ballet just screams all star ballot voting.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

So a hypothetical situation... Quick wins the Vezina as being the best goalie in the league, and he is veiwed then as not even the most valuable player at his position in a year where he played on one of the worst offensive teams in the league? Hehe, that's just pathetic.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
The Hart is voted on by the Hockey Writers Association. Its these guys jobs to write about hockey, what excuse do they have for going to bed early?
They are humans and need their sleep? West coast writers ***** and moan about their deadlines when they cover West coast teams. You think East coast writers are going to stay up to watch teams they don't cover?

More East coast writers will always out-vote West coast writers.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
WOW!!! They give Lundqvist the Hart nod?!?!!? That pretty much guarantees that he won the Vezina. That is just a slap in the face of every person living on the west coast. That is pure ridiculousness. Definitely won't be watching the awards this year. What a joke.
Well, the Hart and Vezina are voted by different people. There is still a little bit of hope for the Vezina.

I would still rather see Quick win the Stanley Cup than any individual award.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
They are humans and need their sleep? West coast writers ***** and moan about their deadlines when they cover West coast teams. You think East coast writers are going to stay up to watch teams they don't cover?

More East coast writers will always out-vote West coast writers.
These guys are at the arenas late everynight, im sure they are working on their articles late more then sleeping. I just think its hard to stay objective in your writing when you are not watching everything. I agree that we are outnumbered by east coast writers.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
These guys are at the arenas late everynight, im sure they are working on their articles late more then sleeping. I just think its hard to stay objective in your writing when you are not watching everything. I agree that we are outnumbered by east coast writers.
Luckily I don't need a lot of sleep to function, but staying up to 12:30 am to watch the Kings would be brutal if I had to do it every night. You really expect East coast sports writers to stay up every night until after 1 am to watch teams that they aren't covering? No way, that is why there are writers based out West to cover the West.

It's called a "bias", but it is just simple numbers. More East coast teams equals more writers based back East.

Some writers seem to stay up almost every night just based on twitter posts, but that is the exception to the rule.