HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New fan here

Old
04-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
If you're looking for a forward, pretty safe bet that Craig Smith or Gabriel Borque will be around for a while too. Smith is getting scratched a bunch in the playoffs right now simply because he's just so young, but he did play last game. Borque has been having a great series.

But yeah, given your screen name, Rinne does fit.
Bourque is younger than Smith

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:40 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Welcome to the Preds Nation and welcome to the boards!

My first jersey was a Rinne - that was his rookie season and people were still laughing at the fact that his name sounded like "pecker." My step dad even said, "don't get his name, you probably won't even like him in a few months." HAH!

My second jersey was an Anders Lindback jersey that I wear to this day. He has only ever been the backup and won't be in Nashville for many years to come, but I still think he's awesome and I will continue to wear his jersey even after he leaves.

My third jersey is a Sergei Kostitsyn, but to be honest, I just picked someone I wasn't that passionate about because I had to choose that night if I wanted to get a discount on the new gold jersey personalization. In retrospect, I probably would have chosen another Anders or Pekka, or maybe Bourque. But I like Kostitsyn.

I also have an original blank away jersey.

I say all of that to say, get whoever you really like, not just a random person you think will stay for a while.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:44 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I understand the people that don't want a name on their jersey or whatever because many of them will deem their jersey useless if that player leaves, but to me I don't like wearing a blank one. I just like jerseys with a favorite player on them and I like "representing" a player I've taken a liking to. I think they look way better than blank ones.
I totally agree with this. I like having something that is one step beyond, it's a little more unique. It's saying, "I like this player enough to get his name on my jersey."

Likewise, I'd rather wear a shirt with a specific band I like on it than a shirt that says "I like music."

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoth the Raven View Post
I totally agree with this. I like having something that is one step beyond, it's a little more unique. It's saying, "I like this player enough to get his name on my jersey."

Likewise, I'd rather wear a shirt with a specific band I like on it than a shirt that says "I like music."
”You're wearing a shirt of the band you're going to see, don't be that guy”

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
FinnishHim
Rookie User

Thanks for all the input everybody! I think I'm down to deciding between Rinne, Fisher or (just because 33 is my fav number) Wilson...

FinnishHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I'm still rockin' my Tom Fitzgerald jersey, so I certainly have no issue with wearing the jersey of a player that's moved on.
me neither, my back still says Dunham. I keep it as a symbol of my pride in being a fan from the early days

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
me neither, my back still says Dunham. I keep it as a symbol of my pride in being a fan from the early days
YES! I feel that. I still wear my Berehowsky jersey on gamedays. No one in their right mind would buy that if you are a casual fan so I too take pride in it.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishHim View Post
Thanks for all the input everybody! I think I'm down to deciding between Rinne, Fisher or (just because 33 is my fav number) Wilson...
Go old school ... #33 Vladimir Orszagh

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote